Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-07-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
theaussieguy
Local High School Star

Default First mini-goal on my quest to dunking...achieved

Firstly i should say that in the past i thought i could grab onto regulation hoop, only to find out that the hoop was only about 9 foot 8 inches off the ground. Anyway i have been hitting the weights hard the last couple of weeks and got to the proper court today to see if i could feel any improvements.

I always thought that it would just be one of those things like one day you arnt even close and the next you are doing it, such is the increase of power gained by compound exercises.

Anyway i could feel straight away i had some good bounce going on and low and behold i grabbed onto a proper regulation hoop for the first time in my life.

Stats: 5'9"

Weight: 136lbs (62kg)

vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGuV7MY-Q18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGk6G0LUHqw

i am happy because i know i have only just began to see gains from my workouts so i feel i got a fair bit more potential to grow and hence take my vertical to another level.
theaussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Default Re: First mini-goal on my quest to dunking...achieved

Good job. Be prepared for it take years and be prepared to have setbacks. You will make big improvements at first, and then they will be slow. With the amount of inches you need to dunk (at least 6 more), it's going to take a lot of dedication.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
JJ81
Good college starter

Default Re: First mini-goal on my quest to dunking...achieved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Good job. Be prepared for it take years and be prepared to have setbacks. You will make big improvements at first, and then they will be slow. With the amount of inches you need to dunk (at least 6 more), it's going to take a lot of dedication.

This.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: