Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
bagelred
Weird

Default ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Golden State Warriors Edition

No draft, signings done, no Summer League. Two months of nothingness......so it's time to do some ANALYSIS!!! One team at a time!!!

A brand new series which is not similar to any other sports websites idea....called....... ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS.

So let's go through the league alphabetically, shall we?

Previous teams:

Atlanta Hawks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309213
Boston Celtics: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309651
Brooklyn Nets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310158
Charlotte Bobcats: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310309
Chicago Bulls: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310413
Cleveland Cavaliers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310627
Dallas Mavericks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310731
Denver Nuggets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310870
Detroit Pistons: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311175

Today's team?

THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

PG - Curry/Nedovic
SG - Thompson/Douglas/Bazemore
SF - Iguodala/Barnes
PF - Lee/Speights/Green
C - Bogut/O'Neal/Ezeli

Head Coach - Mark Jackson
General Manager - Bob Myers

1. Which Mark Jackson catchphrase sums up the Warriors offseason? "Now That's Getting It Done!" or "You're Better Than That!"

2. AGREE or DISAGREE: Even though he's a talented player, the Warriors are better off trading David Lee.

3. Can we all just agree that everyone loves Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, and they are the most wonderful thing to happen to professional basketball since I don't know what, and we want to cheer them, and give them a big bear hug, and they are so much fun, and they are just so damn likable that we don't even have to ask any stupid ISH FIVE QUESTION about them, because they just "complete us", and make every day brighter, and if someone says anything bad about them, he is just a mean old Grinch? OK??!!! Alright?!

4. The Warriors get to the next level on the back of A) Andrew Bogut or B) Andre Iguodala?

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Warriors are legitimate candidates to win the West this season.

MARKETING BONUS QUESTION!

BONUS: With their impending move, the Warriors should be renamed The San Francisco Warriors. Agree or Disagree?

You can elaborate on your answers.

Next up: Houston Rockets. Have a Five Question suggestion for the Rockets? Send me a PM with ideas.

Last edited by bagelred : 09-07-2013 at 12:12 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Golden State Warriors Edition

2. AGREE or DISAGREE: Even though he's a talented player, the Warriors are better off trading David Lee.

What do they need though? They have pretty much everything they need so imo they are better with him it's all about health now.

4. The Warriors get to the next level on the back of A) Andrew Bogut or B) Andre Iguodala?

a). Healthy Bogut if far more important , Iggy will provide excellent D on the perimeter along with Tony Douglas
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
1. Which Mark Jackson catchphrase sums up the Warriors offseason? "Now That's Getting It Done!" or"You're Better Than That!"
While I think their off-season is being slightly overrated by some, it certainly hasn't been a bad off-season, so I'd have to go with "Now that's getting it done!"

Quote:
Not sure there's much of a market for David Lee. He's 30 years old and is due to make $13M this year, and a combined $30M+ the next two years. Don't think he'll age poorly or anything, but at the same time, he's not going to be worth $15M/year. It'd have to be a big market contender who can afford his salary and is in "win now" mode.

Quote:
A healthy Andrew Bogut. When healthy, he gives them a very good two-way big, who provides the team with very good rim protection and is probably a legit defensive anchor by most standards, and he can also score 12-15 a night on top of being an elite passing big.

Quote:
5. TRUE or FALSE: The Warriors are legitimate candidates to win the West this season.
I still think this is false. I like some of their pieces, but I'm just not that high on the Jack/Landry for Barnes/Speights bench trade-off. Their starting 5 is about as complete and good as it gets, and Barnes has a ton of potential, but they don't have much quality depth, and I don't think Curry is good enough to carry a team to a championship on his own. They'd really need Klay to "make the leap" to at least borderline superstar status, so they have someone to take some of the offensive pressure off of Curry in the playoffs. Maybe not, though. Maybe the combination of Klay, Barnes, and a healthy Lee will be enough.

Klay can get scorching hot and go for 30+ (as we saw in whatever game it was against the Spurs), but I also felt he was non-existent for too many games, and that put more of a burden on Curry and a rookie Barnes.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
JimmyMcAdocious
Very good NBA starter

1. Which Mark Jackson catchphrase sums up the Warriors offseason? "Now That's Getting It Done!" or"You're Better Than That!"
--Probably the former. Many point to the loss of Jack, but I think Landry will be more damaging. You're talking about 11 and 6 (17/9 per 36), efficient shooting, some stretching the floor, toughness, and good defense from a big man off the bench. I don't know how many starter quality big men are willing to come off the bench in the NBA, but I'm pretty sure not many.

Anyway, I still think Iguodala is getting overlooked. Mark Jackson used Bazemore, and occasionally Green, as a defensive sub during the playoffs. Think about that for a second. The Warriors added one of the most versatile shut down defenders in the NBA. He takes nothing away from your already stacked offense. If anything, he improves it giving you a better secondary ball handler in the starting lineup and a quality playmaker (two things Barnes needs to improve on). I always thought Jack could be too much of a "me" player a times. Yeah, you lose that sixth man. So what? The improvement of the young players and new additions should be enough to provide bench scoring and now you finish your game with your starters, or maybe with Barnes if he's hot/improved that much. I don't see the big deal.

Give me the better starting lineup+weaker bench over the weaker starting lineup+stronger bench.

--Agree. But they need to do it with a PF in mind. Barnes isn't a PF. I don't think any other young player could be a legitimate starting PF down the line on their roster. If they traded Lee leaving a gap in the starting lineup... That would just be moronic.

3. Can we all just agree that everyone loves Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, and they are the most wonderful thing to happen to professional basketball since I don't know what, and we want to cheer them, and give them a big bear hug, and they are so much fun, and they are just so damn likable that we don't even have to ask any stupid ISH FIVE QUESTION about them, because they just "complete us", and make every day brighter, and if someone says anything bad about them, he is just a mean old Grinch? OK??!!! Alright?!
--Curry da gawd. Klay needs to not disappear like a bitch in the playoffs.

--Bogut. Iggy is a missing piece. Bogut is the key.

--False. I think they are a year away, if they are ever there. They still aren't better than the Spurs or OKC.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

PG - Curry/Nedovic
SG - Thompson/Douglas/Bazemore
SF - Iguodala/Barnes
PF - Lee/Speights/Green
C - Bogut/O'Neal/Ezeli

Head Coach - Mark Jackson
General Manager - Bob Myers

Dumped a bunch of dead weight to pick up one of the best perimeter defenders and a solid, smart offensive player. Brought in at least two solid rotation guys in douglas and speights/oneal (though Im not that high on oneal. I hate his babyface and his stupid awesome pacer teams). Now that is getting things done! For a team that everyone thought couldnt keep this young core together moving forward, they really went an entirely unexpected direction.

For what exactly? Hes one of the worst post defenders in the league, but an above average rebounder and offensive player. Who steps in and plays the 4? Small ball barnes or green all the time? I think they keep him and see how he fits.

I agree. While they were tons of fun in the playoffs, I think the will both take a step back at teams key on them even more.

Boggie! for sure.

probably not legit, but they will be fun and could make the conference finals.

BONUS: With their impending move, the Warriors should be renamed The San Francisco Warriors. Agree or Disagree?

hell no. GS warriors is great. Lame to name them after the city.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
Inferno
chill

"That's Getting It Done"

This is tough...pass

Bogut

True

Disagree
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #7
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

Now that's getting it done!

Agree. Lee is a defensive liability, it wasn't a surprise that they went far with David Lee not playing. Lee getting injured was the best thing that happened to them. it exposed Lee's superfluousness and showed the Warriors they can afford to lose Lee (but not Bogut)

We can agree with Steph, but not with Klay.

Bogut. when he came back, they destroyed the opposition. Iguodala is nice, but he's nowhere close to the game changer that Bogut is. They really need Bogut to be healthy.

False. OKC will be back. and Rockets will be better than them.

Disagree. Golden State Warriors sound better now.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #8
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

A healthy and productive Bogut is the most important question on that team. If he is healthy and can get 18-10 every night in the playoffs, the Warriors have a real chance of getting to the Finals. That team is too good at every other position. If he is healthy and productive, it's nearly impossible to double team anyone else.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:22 AM   #9
Dr. Cheesesteak
Local High School Star

Now That's Getting It Done! Sure the loss of Jack and Landry hurt. But the acquisition of Iggy shows GSW can attract top FAs, unlike the past recent years. Speights and Toney Douglas are solid replacements for Landry and Jack. Plus they kept their young core. GSW is fine and has a bright future.

Disagree. He's a great complementary piece to Bogut and is a great hustler. Sure he may suffer on D and isn't a dominant inside force, being more finesse. But he's a good passer, teammate, and buys into the GSW way.

Sure!

Bogut. Iggy is great and adds some great wing depth, but w/ Duncan, ZBo, Marc Gasol, and Dwight being possible playoff hurdles, they'll need Bogut's D. His D will also help against slashers like KD, Westbrook, Harden, Parker, etc. Simply put, his D will have a greater impact than Iggy's.

True. Especially if Steph develops more as a PG running an offense. They have the shooting, the defense (mostly), the athleticism, the depth, and now the experience after last year's playoffs.
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

A. "Hand down, Man Down"

A. Lee is perfect for our current roster. He can hit the midrange, pass, and rebound.

3. Can we all just agree that everyone loves Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson?

A. Yes, everyone loves the Warriors now, and it's annoying.

A. Bogut will be the most important piece. If he can stay healthy and protect the paint, the Warriors have a shot.

A. Warriors won't be the 1st seed. Probably 4-6 seed, and how far we go in the playoffs will depend on matchups.

A. No reason to alienate the rest of the Bay Area. Warriors need to capitalize on all the cities around the bay, especially San Jose; which is actually the biggest city in the Bay.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:35 AM   #11
kshutts1
Great college starter

A -- You're better than that. Not that the Warriors have had a bad offseason, but they lack depth in key areas (who backs up Curry's ankles?) while splurging on Iggy to start in front of a supremely talented Barnes? Makes little sense. Lacked direction.

A -- Sigh. I feel like those two guys that hate the "bonus questions". Every single "trade" question can be answered the same way... tell me what the trade is, and I'll tell you if it's a bad or good idea. Are the Warriors better off trading Lee? If they get Aldridge or Duncan, etc? Yes. If they get Scalabrine? No. Who/what are they getting?

3. "Can ... Alright?!"
A -- Curry, yes. Klay? No.

A -- Matchups will dictate this. Bogut wouldn't be as important as Iggy against OKC, but against the Spurs Bogut would be more important. Anyway, lack of depth behind Curry's ankles and Bogut's body make me say that IF the Warriors get to the next level, it will be health.

A -- Candidates? Yes. Expected? No.

A -- Since when are they moving?

Last edited by kshutts1 : 08-26-2013 at 04:40 AM.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #12
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
yers
[/color]

Now that's getting it done

No, they are better off in small sample sizes against certain teams. Think they could have used Lee against SA.

What?

Both

True

Maybe call them the Golden State Warriors of San Fran

You can elaborate on your answers.

Next up: Houston Rockets. Have a Five Question suggestion for the Rockets? Send me a PM with ideas.

What

well there
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
3. Can we all just agree that everyone loves Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson?

A. Yes, everyone loves the Warriors now, and it's annoying.

This guy got it.....
Old 08-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #14
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1

A -- Sigh. I feel like those two guys that hate the "bonus questions". Every single "trade" question can be answered the same way... tell me what the trade is, and I'll tell you if it's a bad or good idea. Are the Warriors better off trading Lee? If they get Aldridge or Duncan, etc? Yes. If they get Scalabrine? No. Who/what are they getting?

You're missing the point. I'm not giving you a specific trade scenario. You have to play GM. Obviously, if the trade is Lee for Lebron you say yes, and Lee for Scalabrine, you say no. The point is....is it better for the team's present and future to keep the player, or does it benefit the team more to trade for something else...whether future assets, or a different piece.......think broader. Think like a General Manager. Whether it's Rondo, or Verajao, or Lee....those are big decisions for the organization.

/

Last edited by bagelred : 08-26-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Healthy Andrew Bogut is among best centers in the league, right behind Timmy D and certainly above Dwight.

Yep, i said it.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: