Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Minnesota Timberwolves Edition

We continue our series which is not similar to any other sports websites idea....called....... ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS.

So let's go through the league alphabetically, shall we?

Previous teams:

Atlanta Hawks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309213
Boston Celtics: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309651
Brooklyn Nets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310158
Charlotte Bobcats: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310309
Chicago Bulls: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310413
Cleveland Cavaliers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310627
Dallas Mavericks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310731
Denver Nuggets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310870
Detroit Pistons: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311175
Golden State Warriors: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311293
Houston Rockets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311431
Indiana Pacers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311554
Los Angeles Clippers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311738
Los Angeles Lakers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311894
Memphis Grizzlies: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312029
Miami Heat: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312148
Milwaukee Bucks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312248

Today's team?

THE MINNESTOA TIMBERWOLVES

PG - Rubio/Barea
SG - Martin/Shved
SF - Budinger/Brewer/SHABAZZ!!
PF - Love/Williams/Cunningham/Johnson
C - Pekovic/Turiaf/Dieng

Head Coach - Rick Adelman
General Manager - Flip Saunders

1. Make a case why Kevin Love IS or IS NOT a superstar.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Nikola Pekovic, and Chase Budinger can be the white nucleus of a championship contender.....yo, why the nucleus gotta be white?

3. TRUE or FALSE: Rick Adelman is the most underrated coach in the NBA.

4. SEINFELD VOICE: So What's The Deal With Derrick Williams? Dante Cunningham gets more minutes than Derrick Williams? I mean, who AAAAAAARE these people?

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Minnesota Timberwolves will FINALLY make the playoffs this season.

BONUS HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT:
During an opportune moment today, such as a moment of excitement, joy or hilarity, blurt out "SHABAZZ!!". But don't say anything else. Note people's reactions and post.

Used to be "SHAZAM!!". Well now it's "SHABAZZ!!"

You can elaborate on your answers.

Next up: New Orleans Pelicans. Have a Five Question suggestion for the Pelicans? Send me a PM with ideas.

Last edited by bagelred : 09-13-2013 at 11:26 AM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Minnesota Timberwolves Edition

WOW PRE-STICKIED! This must be an important team.

Today's team?

THE MINNESTOA TIMBERWOLVES

PG - Rubio/Barea
SG - Martin/Shved
SF - Budinger/Brewer/SHABAZZ!!!
PF - Love/Williams/Cunningham/Johnson
C - Pekovic/Turiaf/Dieng

Head Coach - Rick Adelman
General Manager - Flip Saunders

Super?star? That might be a reach, but he is certainly an all star caliber player. One of the best rebounders (offensive and defensive) in the league, legit outside shot and solid all around scorer. Thankfully they dont count defense in the equation or he wouldnt make it. Hes clearly one of the 2-3 best young pfs in the league. and can carry a team with scoring at least for the short term

2. TRUE or FALSE: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Nikola Pekovic, and Chase Budinger can be the white nucleus of a championship contender.....yo, why the nucleus gotta be white?

Dont forget all the bench players. It is a little curious that the team is so melanin challenged. But they are all good players, so whos really complaining. Ive rarely seen people bitch about an all black starting 5.

It depends on how you rate Carlisle, but probably. He is a hell of a coach.

4. SEINFELD VOICE: So What's The Deal With Derrick Williams? Dante Cunningham gets more minutes than Derrick Williams? I mean, who AAAAAAARE these people?

Think about his game at Arizona. Ball dominant outside shooting pf. so, who else do they have on the roster like that? I think he was such a better athlete than the average college player that he got away with a cruder game. Now hes in the NBA and hes just not there.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Minnesota Timberwolves will FINALLY make the playoffs this season.

This is a tough one. Lets see. Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Warriors are all likely to make it. (Did I miss anyone?) That leaves 2 spots for the nuggs, blazers, mavs, wolves and lakers. I think the nuggs and mavs probably get those spots.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey does anyone know how to do strikethrough text in a thread? I can't figure it out.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

A -- I will say... not. His D leaves a lot to be desired. He rebounds well, yes, but his actual D is not good. He can score buckets almost at will, but there is another side to the coin, and his shot-jacking ways have not lead to a large amount of wins, a la earlier Kobe and earlier Dirk. I believe a case can be made for Love to fall anywhere in the top 5 of PFs, and that's not where a "superstar" should rank. A superstar should be top 2-3, unless the position is crazy stacked.

A -- Contender? Yes. Favorites? Maybe not. I like Budinger a lot as a complementary player. I'd rather see a Tony Allen type player alongside them (instead of Kevin Martin) but as Rubio continues to grow, the team will be a scary matchup.

A -- Ooo, good question. I don't know enough about coaching (certainly not an armchair coach), but I do believe that Adelman is very underrated. Most? I don't know enough to say. But he doesn't get the credit he should. Actually... this may sound ludicrous, but I think Pop is the most underrated. He's unquestionably the best coach in the L IMO. So the fact that he's not unanimously considered the best coach is crazy talk to me.

A -- Very talented player that's not been given an opportunity to succeed. Some players are great enough that they create their own opportunity. Others, like Kukoc, need to given the correct opportunity. TWolves made a mistake drafting him AND not putting him in a position to succeed. If/when he's traded to a team that utilizes his abilities, he'll be scary good.

A -- They're in the mix, for sure. Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Warriors, Clippers, Grizzlies are all guaranteed in (barring some catastrophe). I expect the final two spots to be Pelicans and Blazers, but Nuggets, Mavericks, Wolves and Lakers (if Kobe comes back in the first 20 games) will not go down quietly. So short answer? No. But only because the middle tier out West is STACKED.

During an opportune moment today, such as a moment of excitement, joy or hilarity, blurt out "SHABAZZ!!". But don't say anything else. Note people's reactions and post.

A -- My work place may not even notice... but I'll try to remember to do this. Could be pretty epic.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

No, I don't. Google didn't help.

Last edited by kshutts1 : 09-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Definitely not a superstar. Superstars are true franchise players, such as KD, LBJ, Kobe, TD, Dirk, Wade, etc. Love is obviously not on that tier. Stats dont mean everything, which is why it doesnt lead to much wins. He just doesnt have that impact on the game that the superstars do. He is an all-star though. Rubio is more important as well.

No.

Possibly.

Derrick Williams needs to be shipped. I think he could do pretty well elsewhere.

They will be close, but I'd put my money on that they wont

Last edited by DirkNowitzki41 : 09-13-2013 at 01:58 PM.
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

--I don't want to. I will say at some point your stats have to start translating to wins.

--KAHN!!!!

--Maybe. He's one of the best, tho, and has been for years. I would take him over any coach not named Pop or Thibs.

--He has physical tools to be a solid 4, but at his stature he can't play weak and he does. Seems to want to be a jump shooting 3, for who knows what reason, and that severely limits his upside. A coach needs to get in his head (which if Adelman can't do it...) or he needs to really become a better shooter.

--True, barring health. They have all the pieces and those pieces have had a sufficient amount of time to gain experience (although not together).

Strikethrough is supposed to be s or strike. Neither works so I don't think it's enabled, or whatever.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

C-a-n a-l-w-a-y-s d-o i-t t-h-e l-o-n-g a-n-d u-g-l-y w-a-y.
And apparently illegible way.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

K-Love is a superstar and here is why. A superstar can carry his team on his back, which Kevin Love has done. A superstar is the player who can hit the big shot, which Kevin Love has done many times. A superstar is someone who has a lot of talent and works hard to use it to the fullest. Kevin Love constantly worksout with Russell Westbrook, D-Rose, and Kevin Durant. And lastly, a superstar is when you are being summons to play for one of the greatest college coaches (Coach K) to play for team USA, Kevin Love has the respect of Coach K and Team USA members. I my humble opinion, K-Love is a superstar.

LOL. False. They are the lighter nuclei (no pun intended) but it is going to be the additional elements of Martin, Williams, Barea, Brewer, and Muhammed to spark a championhip contender.

True. He never gets the applause that he deserves as a coach.

I just think that Dante provides a certain level of energy that the Wolves need. He comes into games with confidence. He moves with confidence. And that is the key. Derrick, to me, lacks that swag. That edge.

True. If everyone can stay healthy, we are playoff bound.

BONUS HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT:

LOL. Since it was Friday, my students were watching a movie(Finding Nemo). During one part of the movie, the shark intervention scene, I shouted "SHABAZZ!!!" My students gave me that "WTH" look Pretty cool moment.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
mugiwara
High School Starter

mugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected poster

Dante Cunningham is a freaking great player!
mugiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

I don't think you can call any player a superstar that has never really sniffed the playoffs. I'm not saying Kevin Love won't get to that level, but until we see him in the postseason you can't put him there.

This is just stupid.

True. You could argue that if he hadn't run into Phil Jackson at all the wrong times Rick Adelman would be a championship coach. For as much hype as George Karl gets, there's nothing that says he's any better of a coach than Adelman.

One of the problems with the draft is often the group-think pecking order. Minnesota would've been the perfect team to wait a year on Jonas Valanciunas, but instead they went for Williams who's starting to look more and more like Tyrus Thomas.

True. I think if Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio are healthy they will be the 8th seed in the West. It will be close, but I think they sneak by Portland, New Orleans and Dallas.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: