Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: New Orleans Pelicans Edition

We continue our series which is not similar to any other sports websites idea....called....... ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS.

So let's go through the league alphabetically, shall we?

Previous teams:

Atlanta Hawks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309213 Miami Heat: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312148
Boston Celtics: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309651 Milwaukee Bucks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312248
Brooklyn Nets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310158 Minnesota Timberwolves: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312360
Charlotte Bobcats: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310309
Chicago Bulls: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310413
Cleveland Cavaliers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310627
Dallas Mavericks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310731
Denver Nuggets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310870
Detroit Pistons: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311175
Golden State Warriors: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311293
Houston Rockets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311431
Indiana Pacers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311554
Los Angeles Clippers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311738
Los Angeles Lakers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311894
Memphis Grizzlies: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312029

Today's team?

THE NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

PG - Holiday/Roberts
SG - Gordon/Rivers/Morrow
SF - Evans/Aminu/Miller
PF - Davis/Anderson
C - Smith/Stiemsma/Withey

Head Coach - Monty Williams
General Manager - Dell Demps

1. SMART OR STUPID: Pelicans trade Nerlens Noel and a first round pick for Jrue Holiday.

2. ENCOURAGED OR DISCOURAGED: Anthony Davis' potential for superstardom, after watching his first season.

3. POWER RANK!: Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday

4. AWESOME OR ATROCIOUS: The "Pelicans" new name, logo, and colors.

5. TRUE or FALSE:
Blake Griffin Voice"Pelicans...Your Future is Bright....Very Bright...."

**BONUS VACATION**
You've worked hard answering all these questions.
You need a VACATION!
Well, across the pond, we call it a Holiday!
Follow the instructions for your Holiday:
1. Go to LINK#1
2. Adjust volume to your liking
3. Open a New Tab
4. Go to LINK#2
5. Hit Mute
6. Go Full Screen Mode
7. Experience Your Holiday

You can elaborate on your answers.

Next up: New York Knicks. Have a Five Question suggestion for the Knicks? Send me a PM with ideas.

Last edited by bagelred : 09-17-2013 at 10:37 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: New Orleans Pelicans Edition

1. SMART OR STUPID: Pelicans trade Nerlens Noel and a first round pick for Jrue Holiday.

Hard to say. As of right now it was smart, but we'll see a few years down the road.
2. ENCOURAGED OR DISCOURAGED: Anthony Davis' potential for superstardom, after watching his first season.

Encouraged. AD23 had a really underrated rookie season. He was on a tear his last 19 games, averaging around 16 points/10 rebounds/2 blocks in 32 minutes.

I don't know if he'll be the defensive god like some thuoght he would be while he was playing at UK, but his offensive potential is ridiculous.

When healthy:
Gordon
Holiday
Reke

Somewhere in between. I don't think it's an AWFUL name and it actually fits the city decently, unlike the Hornets.

Logo is sweet, and the jerseys are a tad too simple. But what can you say really, most NBA teams are switching to more simple jerseys.

5. TRUE or FALSE: Blake Griffin Voice"Pelicans...Your Future is Bright....Very Bright...."

If Holiday/Davis pick up chemistry quickly then the Pelicans future is extremely bright.

They're really the only 'untouchable' players on the team right now, everybody else has a chance to be traded within the next 5 years(as much as I hate to say it).

Last edited by Johnny Jones : 09-15-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Holiday is a great defensive point guard and with a healthy Gordon, I could see them latching on defensively.

Definitely has the tools to be in the argument for the best four in the association during his peak.

Difficult to do as I'm not sure on EJ's health, but it's either him or Jrue as #1 with Reke at #3.

5. TRUE or FALSE: Blake Griffin Voice"Pelicans...Your Future is Bright....Very Bright...."

Again, all depends on the health of EJ
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA rookie of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

--Closer to stupid than smart. I'm a big fan of Holiday and he fits their team very well. The Peli's have the potential to be an elite defensive team down the line. Then again, the same would have held true had they kept Noel. Hell, I don't know what Noel will turn into, but if he becomes like Joakim Noah (which I think he will), you just passed up your chance at the most dominant frontline in the NBA for the next decade+. In a league where everyone has a PG, would it really be that difficult to find another PG in a future draft or the FA? There aren't many centers out there. And as much as I love Holiday, we aren't talking about CP3 or Westbrook here. Nevermind likely losing your top pick in 2014, a preposterously stacked draft class.

--I think in roughly two seasons, once Duncan and the rest decline or retire, he will unquestionably be the best post player in the NBA. In about five I think he will catch a slightly topped of Durant and become the best player in the NBA. So there's that. If I'm building a team right now, he's third on my big board behind the obvious top 2.

--Eric Gordon, then Jrue Holiday, and then Tyreke Evans.

--Birds are the most abominable creatures which roam the planet. Every single time I see one within 20 yards of me, I feel like vomiting over my face to temporary blind myself. I wish there were a way to get rid of all these appalling, disease-ridden, vermin off the planet without upsetting the ecosystem. Alas there is not, and I am very sadden by that fact and the name and logo of the Pelicans. The NBA will be getting my letter shortly.

--Well any time you have a truly elite player, your future as a franchise is bright. I believe Davis develops into that. Very bright, tho? He needs more help. I'm not much of a Evans guy and Gordon practically never plays. If Gordon stops bitching around and with Jrue? Maybe... In an ideal world, the Peli's get a top 5 pick, they keep their 1st because it's top 5 protected, and they get Wiggins or Parker. Then we are talking about a championship future like people were about Portland before Oden and Roy took hammers at each other.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Stupid. That's a high price to pay for a PG that's dime a dozen.

encouraged. anytime a first pick plays well is encouraging. that's better than being a bust.

Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans

don't care. but if i do, it would be atrocious.

false. a franchise future is only as bright as its GM's mind.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #6
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Stupid. They gave up too much.

Encouraged definitely. I thought it would take him longer to adjust, but he made the transition very gracefully.

Jrue>Reke>EG

Neither, but I don't care for it.

5. TRUE or FALSE: [/b]Blake Griffin Voice"Pelicans...Your Future is Bright....Very Bright...."

True.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

A -- Smart. Even if Noel turns out to be a very good player, he's just another Davis. Two similar players in the post would be difficult to work with. Holiday is a young PG that has proven to be good, and still has room to grow. Throwing in a 2014 first round pick is tough... but Pels have a legit shot at the playoffs this season, so the pick, in that scenario, wouldn't be terrible.

A -- Encouraged. I dislike the unknown, particularly in regards to the draft (in any sport). I value the known over the unknown, and thus I don't give credit where it's due until I see them play. Davis definitely deserves credit, and is likely a franchise player down the road, assuming he stays healthy.

A -- Assuming full health, I say Gordon, Holiday, Evans. Taking injury prone-ness in to account, we put Gordon in the far, far back.

A -- Originally I thought Atrocious, but after reading up a bit on the Pelican and how it ties in with New Orleans... I like it a lot. Not quite Awesome, but closer to Awesome than to Atrocious.

A -- Very true. I have them just barely missing the playoffs this season, and that's with Davis in only his second year, Holiday's first year on the team.... I just love the makeup of the team. Defensive anchor, quality PG that can create and a SG/SF that can create, and those three very good players are flanked by shooters in Anderson and Gordon and Morrow.

Depth chart note -- I'd have SG be Gordon/Morrow/Rivers until Rivers proves he can play in the league. For PF I'd have Anderson start, and Davis play C. But I don't know if that's what the Pels will do, obviously.

**BONUS VACATION**

Great song. Much better song than highlight reel. I'd rather "stop" the highlight than "mute" the song.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
In an ideal world, the Peli's get a top 5 pick, they keep their 1st because it's top 5 protected, and they get Wiggins or Parker. Then we are talking about a championship future like people were about Portland before Oden and Roy took hammers at each other.
Top 3 protected, actually.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA rookie of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Top 3 protected, actually.

Really? Well you will probably need a top 3 to get Parker or Wiggins so it still works. I looked it up before I posted too...
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
kshutts1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Really? Well you will probably need a top 3 to get Parker or Wiggins so it still works. I looked it up before I posted too...
I also looked it up before I commented, period. One of us (probably me) clearly checked a bad site.

Either way, it's really sad that these awesome threads get so little love.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #11
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #12
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

3. POWER RANK!: Tyreke Evans (3), Eric Gordon (2), Jrue Holiday (1)

UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Today's team?

THE NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

PG - Holiday/Roberts
SG - Gordon/Rivers/Morrow
SF - Evans/Aminu/Miller
PF - Davis/Anderson
C - Smith/Stiemsma/Withey

Head Coach - Monty Williams
General Manager - Dell Demps

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I like Jrue and recognize that he is a flashy, young, good player that allows them to run more than grevis (who I think is probably a better pg). But giving up a top 6 pick (probably top 3 without the injury) and another probably lottery pick? Highway robbery. Long term, you could play davis and noel together and it would be great. Oh well

All star dome. Yes. Superstardome? I am not sure. He will be a great young big you can build around, but he will never be shaq or timmy D (the last two bigman superstars IMO).

Huh, interesting. Assuming health, I think Gordon edges out Holiday. Evans is probably last. Is he playing the 3? or the 1? or the 2?

Name is awesome. Colors were a poor choice, as they clearly should have gone with Mardi Gras themed colors. Logo is good, but the uniforms are just ok. Real chance to set themselves as one of the top marketable jerseys, and they flubbed it by being too conservative.

5. TRUE or FALSE:
Blake Griffin Voice"Pelicans...Your Future is Bright....Very Bright...."

Pretty bright. I do think they will regret trading away noel. Never trade big for small! Young for older! especially with another pick thrown in. They wont be a contender with this core, but they will be fun to watch and should be in the playoff hunt.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
I also looked it up before I commented, period. One of us (probably me) clearly checked a bad site.

Either way, it's really sad that these awesome threads get so little love.
yeah, its pretty dumb that all these "basketball" fans would rather re-hash the same boring my favorite is better than yours! arguments, rather than actually comment on the upcoming season.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound

Name is awesome. Colors were a poor choice, as they clearly should have gone with Mardi Gras themed colors. Logo is good, but the uniforms are just ok. Real chance to set themselves as one of the top marketable jerseys, and they flubbed it by being too conservative.

Mardi Gras colors would be awful. The jerseys are were bad enough.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: