Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 02-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default DraftExpress has Embiid as No.1 pick for Bucks?

http://www.draftexpress.com/

I do not know what to say about this but any GM that takes Embiid over Wiggins will be fired immediately.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
Clyde
Local High School Star

Clyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: DraftExpress has Embiid as No.1 pick for Bucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets

I do not know what to say about this but any GM that takes Embiid over Wiggins will be fired immediately.

Can you teach Wiggins to be 7' or taller?

I understand your opinion, but gm's usually will draft a big over a wing player.......also judging by your 12000+ post count you already knew that.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
cos88
Banned

cos88 is starting to rub some people the wrong waycos88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

if i would a team like bucks i would take wiggins or parker over embiid.

i just see a little less risk in this pick, embiid has huge potential, i think he is a little overrated because of his great hands and the fact that he is fluid but there is great work to be done with him.

if i am right bucks didn't want to tank before the season, and attacked the playoffs. with parker or wiggins they can do that in the east in 2015.
cos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you guys think the Bucks should take a sure thing, it's Jabari, not Wiggins. Even though I think Wiggins will be better than Jabari, he isn't as sure a thing as Parker is.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Clearly one poster who is clueless.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

I would take Embiid or Parker over Wiggins. I'm not sold on Wiggins yet
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
oarabbus
College superstar

oarabbus is considered somewhat cooloarabbus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

What kind of idiot would take a legit 7' guy who's new to the game of basketball and is already dominating everyone and has disgusting post moves, for a SF/PF tweener that has been largely underwhelming?

wait....
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus

What kind of idiot would take a legit 7' guy who's new to the game of basketball and is already dominating everyone and has disgusting post moves, for a SF/PF tweener that has been largely underwhelming?

wait....

Wiggins is not a SF/PF tweener, unless you are referring to Parker.

Wiggins is stuck between 2 and 3, and will probably spend time at both positions at the next level. He is not a reliable enough ball handler at the NCAA level to be a full time 2 as he can't handle the traps and full court pressing yet. But as a pro he will likely play the 2 and 3, never the 4.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

draftexpress has the most accurate mock drafts that i've seen.. and yes you have to take joel embiid over parker and wiggins.. I haven't seen a big man like this since shaq in terms of god given physical gifts at the collegiate level. His size athleticism and fluidity makes him a can't miss once in a generation big man seriously. it's not even a question anymore.

one player who i think is being over looked is aaron gordon. he reminds me of a blake griffen (not as athletic tho) and a mix of david lee (with out the jump shot yet, altho he shows flashes of a knockdown j). I'm gonna say it right now.. I would pick him over julius randle. Actually.. aaron gordon > vonleh > WCS > randle.. yes I would pick his teammate Willie over randle. I just don't see the big deal with randle. He forces too many things, you don't know how many times I see him double teamed in the post and he'll either force it or turn it over all the time. With WCS wide open on the weak side all the time! He needs to stop forcing the issue if it's not there.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #10
Clyde
Local High School Star

Clyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat cool

Every draft board I've seen has Embiid going #1 overall.

You can't teach tall

...plus his ridiculous potential.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #11
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

oden was drafted over durant.

Big man >>> perimeter scorer
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #12
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA rookie of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
oden was drafted over durant.

Big man >>> perimeter scorer

Is that sarcastic or what you believe scouts think?

Because I don't know who the perimeter scorer you might be implying should be drafted over Embiid would be. Parker? He's not close to the prospect Durant was. Not offensively and his defensive is holy god atrocious. I don't even get how someone can be so bad at defense, assuming he actually tries.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #13
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Is that sarcastic or what you believe scouts think?

Because I don't know who the perimeter scorer you might be implying should be drafted over Embiid would be. Parker? He's not close to the prospect Durant was. Not offensively and his defensive is holy god atrocious. I don't even get how someone can be so bad at defense, assuming he actually tries.

Note that this guy's name is James McAdoo and is hating on a Duke player.

Hint: Parker's defensive stats are better than Wiggins'. Keep propagating that myth though.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #14
Clyde
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
Note that this guy's name is James McAdoo and is hating on a Duke player.

Hint: Parker's defensive stats are better than Wiggins'. Keep propagating that myth though.

Are you going to try and argue Parker is a better defender than Wiggins??

I'll always respect someones opinion if they make a valid argument, but for what I see with my eyes Wiggins is the better defender.

Stats wise Wiggins averages 1 block and 1 steal per game but (Parker is fractions of a point better in each category) but I don't think the stats tell the entire story.

From what I've watched I believe Wiggins is quicker laterally, can get off the ground quicker and has the ability to recover faster on defense.

Also Parker is no slouch on defense, he just isn't the athlete Wiggins is.....and I don't think that's debatable.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #15
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde
Are you going to try and argue Parker is a better defender than Wiggins??

I'll always respect someones opinion if they make a valid argument, but for what I see with my eyes Wiggins is the better defender.

Stats wise Wiggins averages 1 block and 1 steal per game but (Parker is fractions of a point better in each category) but I don't think the stats tell the entire story.

From what I've watched I believe Wiggins is quicker laterally, can get off the ground quicker and has the ability to recover faster on defense.

Also Parker is no slouch on defense, he just isn't the athlete Wiggins is.....and I don't think that's debatable.

Check defensive rating, rebounding %, stl %, blk%, NEVER raw stats.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: