Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 04-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
Bill Russell
Banned

Default 2018 Playoffs Round 2: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Philadelphia 76ers Game Thread

Let's go!!!!

Poll here...

https://www.strawpoll.me/15603415

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-09-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
Derka
Wicked F*ckin Retahded

Default Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round GT: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Philadelphia 76ers

Celtics in 7, both teams will win all their home games.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #3
branslowski
5/7=71%>>3/8=37%

Default Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round GT: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Philadelphia 76ers

Sixers in 6. Its ironic I just found my old Philly I.D in storage lastweek. Its like the Sixers Gods gave me a pat on the back n said "Its ok if you left us for awhile, as long as ur back b4 the Titles"..
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:28 PM   #4
Bill Russell
Banned

The good thing for both teams is that the travel time is practically zero.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
fourkicks44
WE WERE RIGHT!

If the Sixers win they will get no credit for beating an injured team.

If the Sixers lose they will be ridiculed for losing to an injured team.
fourkicks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #6
Uncle Drew
Young Drip King

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkicks44
If the Sixers win they will get no credit for beating an injured team.

If the Sixers lose they will be ridiculed for losing to an injured team.
Rightfully so.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:40 PM   #7
Bill Russell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Rightfully so.

That's completely dismissing the entire Celtics roster & Stevens and essentially implying that Kyrie was the entire team this year... yeah, that's just complete and utter retarded nonsensical garbage idiocy. Clear enough?

The Celtics were good because of their defense. That's it. That's the only reason they were good. No other reason. The defense is still in tact.

Are they disadvantaged without their best iso scorer? Of course. But their defense got them here, not him.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:42 PM   #8
Uncle Drew
Young Drip King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
That's completely dismissing the entire Celtics roster & Stevens and essentially implying that Kyrie was the entire team this year... yeah, that's just complete and utter retarded nonsensical garbage idiocy. Clear enough?

The Celtics were good because of their defense. That's it. That's the only reason they were good. No other reason. The defense is still in tact.

Are they disadvantaged without their best iso scorer? Of course. But their defense got them here, not him.
That is all true, but that is just how life works when you are the favorite. It's like playing a game of hoops against a girl. If you win, you beat a girl. If you lose, you lost to a girl. There's no W either way.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #9
Wally450
#1 Pick - 1 Point

With Jaylen out with the Hamstring injury, offense is going to be tough to come by.

I think Embiid will be the difference maker in this series. He plays well, the Sixers win. If the C's can contain him, we have a chance at winning.

Unfortunately I think the Sixers take it in 6. They can probably steal one in Boston.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:01 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

I don't like to predict Celtic losses so I'm not going to predict anything. Losing Jaylen Brown just makes it ridiculous. It's just not the Celtics' year. They need 30 from Tatum, another 30 from Rozier and 20/10 from Horford.

Very sick of the way the troll wars have centered around Irving this year. I truly hope he never reads this board, he became the centerpiece of an argument over fans and haters of another player. Ironically the desire to not have his career caught up in the whirlwind of a certain players legacy may be the reason he wanted out of Cleveland to begin with. Some of you are nauseating.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #11
Bill Russell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Ironically the desire to not have his career caught up in the whirlwind of a certain players legacy may be the reason he wanted out of Cleveland to begin with. Some of you are nauseating.

Yeah, he says that, and I'm sure that's part of it. But Kyrie wanted to be the clear cut #1 option and he's always wanted that. That's the biggest reason. Why he couldn't just come out and say it is lol...
Old 04-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
Yeah, he says that, and I'm sure that's part of it. But Kyrie wanted to be the clear cut #1 option and he's always wanted that. That's the biggest reason. Why he couldn't just come out and say it is lol...
He has never clearly stated the reason. It doesn't much matter as far as I'm concerned so long as the Celtics know what it is so that they can keep him happy to be here.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:14 PM   #13
Bill Russell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He has never clearly stated the reason. It doesn't much matter as far as I'm concerned so long as the Celtics know what it is so that they can keep him happy to be here.

He never stated it because there wasn't one thing.

First and foremost, he wanted to be the man... the rest... he wanted to play for a competent coach, he was tired of the LeDramaShitShow, and he wanted to play for a team that hadn't at all discussed trading him. It was multifaceted. I'm sure he's a lifer in Boston, well... until Ainge trades him anyways.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:25 PM   #14
raprap
NBA rookie of the year

Brad stevens will manage 2 wins but the Sixers have the better talent.

Sixers in 6
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:35 PM   #15
JohnnySic
green is good

Its gonna be really tough without Brown.

The Celtics, unlike the Heat, have guys to body Embiid and make him work (Baynes, Monroe, Horford, Yabusele).

They also guard the perimeter very well (Smart, Rozier, Ojeleye, and hopefully Brown is back by game 2).

Cant predict a C's win with all the injuries but it will be competitive.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter because the Celts ceased being serious contenders when Hayward got hurt; no one from the east is winning the title this year.

The Celtics' run starts next year. Philly can have the hype. C's should get the banner(s).
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: