Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default NBA 2K12 news discussion - Moved from NBA forum

NBA 2K12 news discussion!

The game comes out in early October!

We've played it already, and it felt FANTASTIC and like an AMAZING game

Last edited by insidehoops; 10-03-2011 at 08:38 AM.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: who's playing 2K12?

The demo was released this morning for XBox360 (and PS3 later today). It's completely bare bones: two teams (Heat vs. Mavs), user must use the Mavs, one 4-minute quarter, no announcers. However, the pre-game presentation is pretty darn legit (and unique).

After the jump ball, it'll look an awful lot like 2K11. But even though it's just a demo, the game itself sort of has that feel of one of those classic albums that sort of unravels its greatness to you over time. It doesn't hit a lot of people in the face right away with a "catchy chorus" so to speak. And it definitely didn't give me a "WOW" type of feeling immediately. But as I continue to play (three quarters thus far) more and more changes begin to become apparent and I become more and more impressed.

For starters, the AI is much more unique in the moves they're willing to pull off. LeBron and Wade play much more aggressively with much deeper access to the game's moves arsenal. The post-game and ballhandling seems to have quadrupled with options and combo possibilities. Even things like off-ball light deny defense (utilizing the right stick) feel great.

Here is a video of a user going nuts with Dirk Nowitzki in the demo. One of my criticisms is some of the post animation combos yield awkward transitions and/or feet movement. However, still looking pretty cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnT6k...layer_embedded

Dirk Game-winner (after LBJ choke): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSu4X...layer_embedded

Full Demo Quarter (Intro included): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARG-O...ayer_embedded#!

Played the demo and I'm really impressed with the minor improvements (and major post changes). I just had one huge problem, the 2nd time I played (1 quarter isn't enough!) for some reason after a defensive 3 second Dirk went to the line and I couldn't shoot a FT. He just stood their in the motion and I couldn't do anything besides restart the game.

Three huge improvements I rly noticed in the demo:
    1. The players' weights are much improved.
    2. Post game re-done
    3. CPU intelligence is way more realistic (I was amazed how the offense was identical to the HEAT's in real life)

I can't wait for this actual game. Those My player improvements will make this game near perfect. I also feel like that legend mode (with a current NBA player) will be amazing. Also anyone else notice the new warm ups? I guess those are the new warm ups for this year, considering that its usually accurate with those things.
    Last edited by MeLO MvP 15; 09-20-2011 at 01:49 PM.

When is it out?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    When is it out?
    Oct 4th is the release date but the demo's out today.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Played the demo and I'm really impressed with the minor improvements (and major post changes). I just had one huge problem, the 2nd time I played (1 quarter isn't enough!) for some reason after a defensive 3 second Dirk went to the line and I couldn't shoot a FT. He just stood their in the motion and I couldn't do anything besides restart the game.

Three huge improvements I rly noticed in the demo:
    1. The players' weights are much improved.
    2. Post game re-done
    3. CPU intelligence is way more realistic (I was amazed how the offense was identical to the HEAT's in real life)

I can't wait for this actual game. Those My player improvements will make this game near perfect. I also feel like that legend mode (with a current NBA player) will be amazing. Also anyone else notice the new warm ups? I guess those are the new warm ups for this year, considering that its usually accurate with those things.
    Dude glad you are impressed. Wait till you see all the improvements in the full version of game. You've been in the 2K12 thread so I'm sure you know there have been literally hundreds, maybe thousands of improvements. Going to be so amazing.. BTW PS3 demo still isn't out . Let me know if you PS3 guys see the demo up.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I like the improved charge animations and how they let you slide a lot more.

Default Re: Finally NBA 2K12 get the Lebron, Wade, Kobe Ratings correct:

All of them are too high. 2k has a tendency to overrate players like crazy. If Jordan is a 99, then players like Kareem and 2001 Shaq should be 98/99, with Bird/Wilt being 97. That would make players like 2009 LeBron 97, meaning current LeBron would be 94 or 95 max now. It would also mean current Kobe is closer to 91 and current Wade also at 94 or 95 like LeBron.

*Chair umpire leans into mic*

Game, Pegasus

*Crowd applauds*

Banned

98 seems a lil to high. There must be a catch to it like he can only be a 98 for like 3 quarters in order to substain that level. Pretty much useless after the 3rd

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    98 seems a lil to high. There must be a catch to it like he can only be a 98 for like 3 quarters in order to substain that level. Pretty much useless after the 3rd
    You'd think doing the same thing over and over gets boring........but nope, not when it comes to hating on the best SF in the league. AMIRITE, kaiiu?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    You'd think doing the same thing over and over gets boring........but nope, not when it comes to hating on the best SF in the league. AMIRITE, kaiiu?
    when have I ever hated on Duran tor Melo

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    I heard that the game is designed in a way that Lebron automatically comes out of games before fourth quarters.

But don't worry, I've already got the cheat code to stop it, which is pauksuckslebronsdick. But even then he doesn't take any shots and the ball literally turns into a potato with smoke coming out of it whenever Lebron touches it.

1. Kobe fan buys the game

2. Kobe fan launches the game and compares Lebrons & Kobes ratings

3. Kobe fan says "fak this ***!!!!#"#"#((=#)%(!!!"

4. Kobe fan edits Kobes rating to 99 and drops Lebron to 1

5. Kobe fan with big smile

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    1. Kobe fan buys the game

2. Kobe fan launches the game and compares Lebrons & Kobes ratings

3. Kobe fan says "fak this ***!!!!#"#"#((=#)%(!!!"