Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 314

Thread: 2011 MLS thread

  1. #1
    Very good NBA starter knickballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    2010 offseason
    Posts
    8,117

    Default 2011 MLS thread



    And before you say shit about the MLS remember it's on the rise.. The growth it has made in 5 years has been tremendous. This year two new teams in Vancouver and Portland, both are rumored to have great fanbases.

    Top teams for the year imo should be LA Beckhams, New York Red Bulls and the Seattle Sounders. Galaxy have Donovan, Beckham, Angel,
    New York has Henry, Marquez, Lindpere, Solli,and Ream + Agudelo who are Top US prospects.

    Tomorrow the season kicks off with LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders on ESPN 2. Should be a great match.

  2. #2
    NBA Legend kentatm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    16,710

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    And before you say shit about the MLS remember it's on the rise.. The growth it has made in 5 years has been tremendous. This year two new teams in Vancouver and Portland, both are rumored to have great fanbases.

    Top teams for the year imo should be LA Beckhams, New York Red Bulls and the Seattle Sounders. Galaxy have Donovan, Beckham, Angel,
    New York has Henry, Marquez, Lindpere, Solli,and Ream + Agudelo who are Top US prospects.

    Tomorrow the season kicks off with LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders on ESPN 2. Should be a great match.

    you seem to have forgotten about FC Dallas and reigning league MVP David Ferreira.

  3. #3
    Very good NBA starter knickballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    2010 offseason
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    you seem to have forgotten about FC Dallas and reigning league MVP David Ferreira.
    I like FC Dallas, lots of young talent on that roster but I don't think there a top3-4 team. They lost some players this offseason but they are stockpiled with young talent.

  4. #4
    Reds/Bengals/Cavs mlh1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    13,339

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    How do the Crew look? I don't know much about them, but live Soccer is always fun. I make it to a game every so often.

  5. #5
    Very good NBA starter knickballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    2010 offseason
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    How do the Crew look? I don't know much about them, but live Soccer is always fun. I make it to a game every so often.

    Rebuilding mode.. They were pretty damn good last year but they showed sign of old age at the end of the season. In the offseason they let go alot of their core players... I don't expect much from the Crew this year and it's the owners fault for being cheap as well..

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Knox, TN
    Posts
    5,066

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    I can see ESPN escalating the MLS this year if the NFL and NBA locks out.

  7. #7
    Very good NBA starter knickballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    2010 offseason
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
    I can see ESPN escalating the MLS this year if the NFL and NBA locks out.

    Well obviously.. They'll show more EPL games most likely but ESPN will probably be filled with labor talks 24/7...

    It's going to be a rough year!

  8. #8
    Very good NBA starter knickballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    2010 offseason
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    All you Galaxy fans will love Chad Barrett. This dude was one of the hardest working forward ever played with TFC. He struggled badly two seasons ago but bounced back nicely last season.
    Dude, WTF happened to Toronto this offseason. They barely have a team of 11 players let alone any quality players.

    I feel bad for Toronto since they have a pretty good fanbase and much potential.

  9. #9
    LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,371

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    TFC fan here but probably won't see more than 7-8 games MAX. Gonna try go to one live this year though.

  10. #10
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,189

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    I'm angry that San Jose was beastly, left, and then another team came in and is far less beastly.

    I'm bummed I'm not gonna be able to watch the opening match. Imma get into the MLS a lot this year.

  11. #11
    NBA Legend kentatm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    16,710

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Looks like Landy and, maybe for the first time in a long time, Becks will start for Galaxy's season opener. Juan Pablo Angel and Omar Cummings will not start. On the other side, Freddy Montero will be at the front for Sounders while Stevie Z and Brad Evans will still be sidelined.
    I think Evans is listed as probable but Seattle may be without Zakuani for the game against Galaxy which would be a pretty big blow for them.

  12. #12
    King Heno qrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tucson/520!
    Posts
    25,047

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    I'm so pumped for the game against the Sounders!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Apparently JPA and Omar will be out for the night according to Hopkins, but it is the only source so I don't know how reliable it is.

  13. #13
    Very good NBA starter knickballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    2010 offseason
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I'm so pumped for the game against the Sounders!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Apparently JPA and Omar will be out for the night according to Hopkins, but it is the only source so I don't know how reliable it is.

    I just found out that N'kufo cut ties with the Sounders.. That's a bit shocking as he was there DP signing this past summer.

    I just want to see Donovan and Becks play. Shame that JPA is out as i'll be rooting for him in LA.

  14. #14
    King Heno qrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tucson/520!
    Posts
    25,047

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I just found out that N'kufo cut ties with the Sounders.. That's a bit shocking as he was there DP signing this past summer.

    I just want to see Donovan and Becks play. Shame that JPA is out as i'll be rooting for him in LA.
    I'm just hyped for the year. Losing Buddle still is blah to me, but JPA has always been one of my favorites, plus, I'm glad Juninho was kept and I want to see how AJD and Omar improved and if Franklin has tapped out or is getting cose.

    Without JPA & Cristman, the Gals offense will struggle but the loss of Omar hurts more with Berhlater being old and I'm not sure if Leanardo can start in the middle.

  15. #15
    Very good NBA starter knickballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    2010 offseason
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: 2011 MLS thread

    Not going to lie David Beckham is a ****ing beast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •