Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Prime Patrick Ewing Would Be the 2nd Best Player in the NBA Today

Silks best verse is worse than 2 chains on Money on the floor, Mercy, Pimps, and a few others.

Dude just talked with a tough guy voice on. He didnt even really...attempt to rap.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    He's no worse than Tyga and 2 Chainz, IMO and those guys have a legit fan base.
    silk is worse than both.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    silk is worse than both.
    Tyga is arguably the worst rapper of all time. He grew up extremely privileged and Wayne writes everything he says and yet he still makes it sound corny as ****. Post Carter 2 Wayne is corny already, but to make Wayne sound even more retarded, that is a gift.

Smits and Divac were absolutely not better than Dwight.
    You never saw Smits play, did you? Because of his size and skill, he used to give Shaq and Ewing problems. He had some great battles against Ewing in the playoffs. Put it this way--Yao used to own the shit outta Dwight. Smits was a slightly more mobile and better offensive player than Yao, and only two inches shorter.

And Dwight is physically better than Divac, but Divac was absolutely a smarter player and more skilled offensively.

People will say anything to discredit this era. Hilarious.

Ewing wasn't even top 5 of the 90s, but clearly he would be top 2 of today!
    There is nothing to discredit, this is the weakest era since i started watching NBA.

on topic

Ewing would average more that 26ppg today, i mean seriously, look at the centers on this league.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    You never saw Smits play, did you? Because of his size and skill, he used to give Shaq and Ewing problems. He had some great battles against Ewing in the playoffs. Put it this way--Yao used to own the shit outta Dwight. Smits was a slightly more mobile and better offensive player than Yao, and only two inches shorter.

And Dwight is physically better than Divac, but Divac was absolutely a smarter player and more skilled offensively.
    Yes I did. Offensively they both have a case of being better and they probably were. Overall? They're not. Prime Rik Smits was not a better offensive player than Yao either. wtf.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    There is nothing to discredit, this is the weakest era since i started watching NBA.
    That's wrong. The average NBA player today is much more talented and skilled than he was even in 1998. The international scene alone dictates this.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

That's wrong. The average NBA player today is much more talented and skilled than he was even in 1998. The international scene alone dictates this.
    You are a flat out moron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by westside_baller
    You are a flat out moron.
    And you're drowning in nostalgia. I feel sorry for you, to be quite frank.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I hate whenever somebody says "weak era" in regards to any era. IMO the talent has been relatively the same on average in eras i've watched.

Banned

I hate whenever somebody says "weak era" in regards to any era. IMO the talent has been relatively the same on average in eras i've watched.
    BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION!

liek dis if u listen to 2pac in 2013!

Players have been pretty much the same my entire life. They lift weights more fromthe late 90s to now but thats about it. What people are asked to do changes....so guys who were wet from 18 feet are now wet from 23 but they cant shoot inside the 3 point line so...its not like they are better. Just doing the same thing from a different spot.

Centers in the 90s slaughter todays. The last 20 years had better swingmen than when I was a kid. But just talent...players are about the same.

If Reggie theus were in 2013 doing the exact same things he did in 85 people would use him as evidence of today being better than the 80s. Pretty much Shaun Livingston plus scoring and Jason Williams flair. 6'7'' running point...7-10 assists a game...or drop 30. Played wild.

He would be a star these days just off youtube and sportscenter.

Nobody gave a shit then.

Plenty of guys like him just get swept under the rug. Not saying he was great....but he was 6'7'' hitting dudes with spin moves at full speed and dropping it off through the legs or flicking a finger roll 15 feet into the air over a center....

And people act like guys didnt have to cope with bigger than prototypical guys at odd positions like now. As if he, Magic, Steve Smith(a point on the Heat), and others were not 6'7''+ points, or Brad Sellers wasnt a 7' guy playing 2-4 running the break like a deer, or Shaq tearing down goals, Chris Morris shattering backboards, Larry Nance putting his nose hairs on the rim, and Blue Edwards wasnt doing windmills for no reason and cuff dunking putbacks one handed in traffic.

Have you ever seen Jerome Kersey run the break like a train with no breaks trailing Terry Porter with Drexler on the wing prepared to:

someone?

Drop a bigman now into the 80s and instead of Lebron getting him

Barkley would handle it.

The same basic plays have been getting made all my life. Most of them just arent remembered.

Little Reggie for your pleasure

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Yeah talent per position has definitely changed. Centers from the 90s are easilly superior to todays. Ewing, Hakeem, Drob, Shaq, Zo would all be the best center in the league if they played today. There is, however, probably more talent at the perimeter positions today though.

rik smits was better than roy hibert