Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anthony Davis up to 238 pounds, may still be growing

It still shocks me how ignorant nba players are about muscle gain. 8 pounds of muscle added Lmao. No. Just no. It's 1-2 pounds of muscle 6 pounds of water weight and fat. Muscle building is a very slow process. At most a person can add 3-5 pounds of muscle per year. That's with perfect nutrtion and a steady workout plan.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    It still shocks me how ignorant nba players are about muscle gain. 8 pounds of muscle added Lmao. No. Just no. It's 1-2 pounds of muscle 6 pounds of water weight and fat. Muscle building is a very slow process. At most a person can add 3-5 pounds of muscle per year. That's with perfect nutrtion and a steady workout plan.
    You didn't mention 'roids. It's 6 pounds of muscle brah.

Good for him. I don't think he should get over the 245 area. He's a PF naturally and needs to me mobile. 235 to 245 is perfect in-my-opinion.

its still functional weight and it will help him on the court. btw, i've seen guys really bulk up in a short periods of time. like increases bench 100+ pounds in 5 months and gaining 15 pounds while keeping close to the same body fat percentage. I only know this because we had testing before every season and it included maxes and body fat percentage. Maybe it was water weight tho, all i know is that the 15 pounds and the strength really mattered.

You don't think NBA players have perfect nutrition and a more than steady workout plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    You don't think NBA players have perfect nutrition and a more than steady workout plan?
    And PEDs.

I am your soldier!

8 pounds since the beginning of last season

6'10" isn't a size you should prefer as a PF if you have the potential to grow.. He's going to want the versatility to play center down the road when needed, like TD and KG have done. Unless he grows to 7'3"+ and becomes substantially less mobile, an inch or two is only going to help him. 6'11.5" would be the perfect height to go with his 7'6" wingspan, and he should shoot for 245-250. Keeps him explosive and quick, but gives him 15-20 more pounds of muscle than he started out with to help him in the post.

The kid is going to wreck the league in a few years. 21/10/2/3/1 on 50%+ shooting at 20-21 years old, holy shit. He's on pace to be better than KG.