Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Any car experts here? need some help

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Cause he's 17.

He hasn't realized perception isnt reality.

My brother had the same exact car as me. Same year, model, color, everything. Bought it a year after I got mine. Then he went and traded it in for his used BMW. Now his insurance is more than my car payment.

He's underwater on his loan, so he can't get rid of it. He's totally ****ed.
    I was the same way. My first car was a 1997 Audi A6 Quattro. And while it was good car until it started breaking down about 9 years after I bought it, the cost to repair far outweighed having a nice looking car. My Ford Fusion personally for me is just as nice looking as the Audi, you just don't have all the bells and whistles...which in the end is good too because once one of those bells and whistles break you need to fix that too.

I've purchased many cars for under 2k including a jaguar xj6, Mercedes 190e, cadillac El dorado, 2 Toyota camrys and a Honda accord. (All late 80s or early-mid 90s models)

The most practical is the camry or accord because they are dependable, will run forever, are cheap and easy to work on your self, and they get good gas milage.

Thanks for the feedback guys! , I spent all my money on vacation last summer and got 2k in like month and a half and i really need a car being that im in college (18) and asking for rides whenever I wanna hang out with friends is annoying plus with a car id get more hours at work. Anyways by "luxury" I kinda meant only Lexus lol , idk what it is but Lexus' are so damn fine to me. Ill probably get the civic , and buy some stuff for it like leather interior covers, monitor/gps i wish i had a sunroof but its alright ,

Old lexus cars do look better than any other older luxury car. You can customize it and shit like that drop it lower etc. It'll be nice for your age group but 21-25+ you really wouldn't want to be looked at with that car