Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Mexico more xenophobic than the US?

Un Hermano de Bernie

Default Re: Is Mexico more xenophobic than the US?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    America is accepting, just not illegally.

There has to be some control...its mind blowing people think that's racist.
    You are conflating issues.

Yes, we need to have control.

Yes, many people's motivations behind the manner in which that control is exerted are racist.

It can be both.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50
    You are conflating issues.

Yes, we need to have control.

Yes, many people's motivations behind the manner in which that control is exerted are racist.

It can be both.

This isn't the case though mate. Its socioec0nomic, not racist.

As has been pointed out, Mexicans are doing the same thing to people who have the same native American lineages...

Expert in Demonology Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I dont suppose racist would be the word for that. But maybe they would say it is. Its maybe one of those things where people from a distance dont see the differences between people who dont get along because they all look alike.

I knew this old Puerto Rican who HATED mexicans. And the columbians I knew back in the day hated mexicans too. I suppose it goes both ways. Im not in a position to say why.....but I dont know if racism is the word. THough again....they may considering themselves separate races. Like the white people who hate jews pretend being Jewish is a race even when the jews in question are clearly just white people.

It's true. In the Latin world, we don't like Mexicans. Not entirely sure where it stems from. Only reason I can think of is of how harder it is for Latinos from the Caribbean and from South America to get to this country and become legalized as opposed to how easy it is for Mexicans to get here. When they see Mexicans just waltzing over here like nothing and not paying their dues, it makes them angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    It's true. In the Latin world, we don't like Mexicans. Not entirely sure where it stems from. Only reason I can think of is of how harder it is for Latinos from the Caribbean and from South America to get to this country and become legalized as opposed to how easy it is for Mexicans to get here. When they see Mexicans just waltzing over here like nothing and not paying their dues, it makes them angry.
    That dynamic only happens in the US though. I visited South America a few years back, went to Colombia, Argentina and Uruguay with a family friend and got nothing but good vibes with people calling us hermanos while we were there, and these people kept telling us how much they wanted to visit Mexico someday. I currently live in Mexico, there are a lot of people from Spain, Central and South America living here.

I think that some of the bad vibes has something to do with the fact that Mexico is economically and cuturally the most influential Spanish speaking country, if not the world, certainly of the Americas...y'all just jelly af Patty

Latin America is watching our telenovelas and listening to our music and eating our food and drinking our beer and tequila, that's a fact.
    Last edited by TheMan; 07-19-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Expert in Demonology Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    That dynamic only happens in the US though. I visited South America a few years back, went to Colombia, Argentina and Uruguay with a family friend and got nothing but good vibes with people calling us hermanos while we were there, and these people kept telling us how much they wanted to visit Mexico someday. I currently live in Mexico, there are a lot of people from Spain, Central and South America living here.

I think that some of the bad vibes has something to do with the fact that Mexico is economically and cuturally the most influential Spanish speaking country, if not the world, certainly of the Americas...y'all just jelly af Patty

Latin America is watching our telenovelas and listening to our music and eating our food, that's a fact.

Telenovelas......por favor. Mexico is just a gigantic country that's all. Plus, Mexicans have been in the US longer. Cubans get more respect though. Who dares disrespect Cuban Asylum Immigrant Antonio Montana??