Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

  1. #1
    College superstar Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,716

    Default At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    As we all know, over the past number of years, there has been a lot of complaining about white people, complaining about males, & etc...

    There's no doubt, that, being white, and being a male, has offered me certain advantages in life. I don't disagree. But...

    My question is, where does it end?

    Are we going to call being smart a privilege?

    Are we going to call naturally skinny people privileged?

    Are we going to call naturally good looking people privileged?

    Are we going to call tall people privileged?

    If not, why not?

    Why is it ok for someone to be more likely to get promoted or for people to treat them better because they're smarter? What did they do except be shot out of their mother's womb to earn that?

    Why is it ok for someone to be more likely to get promoted or for people to treat them better because they're skinnier? What did they do except be shot out of their mother's womb to earn that?

    Why is it ok for someone to be more likely to get promoted or for people to treat them better because they're taller? What did they do except be shot out of their mother's womb to earn that?

    Why is it ok for someone to be more likely to get promoted or for people to treat them better because they're naturally better looking? What did they do except be shot out of their mother's womb to earn that?

    I mean, surely... life is an inherently fair thing that us human beings just keep messing up, right? I mean it's not possible whatsoever that life isn't fair. It's just that humans screw it up. Life is REALLY fair. For everyone.

    We just keep screwing it up and we just really need to fix it! Who's with me!?!?
    Last edited by Shogon; 11-20-2019 at 07:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Yellow King scuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    15,341

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    Does that include crying about minoritiez, gayz and womenz being "fOrCed oN mEh" in films, entertainment and everyday activity?

  3. #3
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,401

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    shut the **** up

  4. #4
    for your health Prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,847

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    I have f*cked your mother, and I will do it again.

  5. #5
    Good college starter FultzNationRISE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,379

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    I made a similar thread a couple weeks ago.

    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=473912



    This board simply doesn't really care to discuss abstract or philosophical topics all that much.

    If it aint about Orange Man's latest tabloid scandal, it aint on their minds.


  6. #6
    Trans connoisseur RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Communism works
    Posts
    32,929

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Does that include crying about minoritiez, gayz and womenz being "fOrCed oN mEh" in films, entertainment and everyday activity?
    Got ‘em

  7. #7
    ... iamgine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,508

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    As we all know, over the past number of years, there has been a lot of complaining about white people, complaining about males, & etc...

    There's no doubt, that, being white, and being a male, has offered me certain advantages in life. I don't disagree. But...

    My question is, where does it end?

    Are we going to call being smart a privilege?

    Are we going to call naturally skinny people privileged?

    Are we going to call naturally good looking people privileged?

    Are we going to call tall people privileged?

    If not, why not?

    Why is it ok for someone to be more likely to get promoted or for people to treat them better because they're smarter? What did they do except be shot out of their mother's womb to earn that?

    Why is it ok for someone to be more likely to get promoted or for people to treat them better because they're skinnier? What did they do except be shot out of their mother's womb to earn that?

    Why is it ok for someone to be more likely to get promoted or for people to treat them better because they're taller? What did they do except be shot out of their mother's womb to earn that?

    Why is it ok for someone to be more likely to get promoted or for people to treat them better because they're naturally better looking? What did they do except be shot out of their mother's womb to earn that?

    I mean, surely... life is an inherently fair thing that us human beings just keep messing up, right? I mean it's not possible whatsoever that life isn't fair. It's just that humans screw it up. Life is REALLY fair. For everyone.

    We just keep screwing it up and we just really need to fix it! Who's with me!?!?
    Yes those are all privileges. We all accept functional privileges, like taller people getting recruited more at basketball or Muslims getting all the jobs at the mosque or Japanese getting most sushi place jobs.

    But if someone is promoted at an office job just cause they're skinny or tall? That's a problem.

  8. #8
    Banned warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26,750

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    Endgame is death camps for all people of tall privilege. This reverse eugenics will promote an equal world of unprivileged midgets that are more subservient and susceptible to control.

  9. #9
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,401

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Yes those are all privileges. We all accept functional privileges, like taller people getting recruited more at basketball or Muslims getting all the jobs at the mosque or Japanese getting most sushi place jobs.

    But if someone is promoted at an office job just cause they're skinny or tall? That's a problem.

    Your reasoning makes little sense.

    Aesthetics can be just as functional as coming from a certain cultural background.

    As you put it, a japanese person may be more adept at making sushi... likewise, a good looking individual will make a better salesman or company representative because everybody wont have to be brought down by their ugliness, and will rather get to bask in their beauty.

    Raising office efficiency by 10 fold or more.

  10. #10
    ... iamgine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,508

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Your reasoning makes little sense.

    Aesthetics can be just as functional as coming from a certain cultural background.

    As you put it, a japanese person may be more adept at making sushi... likewise, a good looking individual will make a better salesman or company representative because everybody wont have to be brought down by their ugliness, and will rather get to bask in their beauty.

    Raising office efficiency by 10 fold or more.
    In those case it's functional. But if a person has proven to be a great salesman despite not being physically attractive, and a good looking person with mediocre sales get the promotion instead? That's not functional and is a problem.

  11. #11
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,401

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    In those case it's functional. But if a person has proven to be a great salesman despite not being physically attractive, and a good looking person with mediocre sales get the promotion instead? That's not functional and is a problem.



    yall dont pick up sarcasm very well eh, mate?

  12. #12
    Expert in Demonology Patrick Chewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,455

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    People will always find an excuse for their flaws and shortcomings.

    The privilege excuse may end one day, but another retarded one will take its place. The future of this country is ****ed. We

  13. #13
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Gainesville, FL.
    Posts
    28,514

    Default Re: At what point does 'privilege' outrage end?

    2% of the people have all the money.

    The rest scrounge for crumbs.

    White privilege is a term made up by people that don't want to admit their own failures.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •