Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: LeBron: I don't believe I have played for a superteam. I don't believe in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny View Post
    Absolutely. The version of the Warriors with hobbled Curry and Iggy and no Bogut obviously wasnt the same team we saw in the regular season.
    LOL. You can't accept reality that Kyrie was probably not a top 10 player in the 2016 regular season.

Kyrie played his ass off in the 2016 Finals and I give him credit for that. But during the regular season? Nah.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: LeRetard: I dont believe I have played for a superteam. I dont believe in that.

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    Kyrie has never been a Top 5 player (Probably not even Top 10) but he was definitely playing like one in the 2016 Finals. He outplayed the back-to-back MVP and there's no way to undersell how important that was
    He was playing like one because of LeElevate

Default Re: LeRetard: I dont believe I have played for a superteam. I dont believe in that.

i will always be here to set LeBron stans straight. I am the one who holds the truth.

Another exposed LeDumb thread.

Local High School Star Monta Ellis MVP's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron: I don't believe I have played for a superteam. I don't believe in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny View Post
    Absolutely. The version of the Warriors with hobbled Curry and Iggy and no Bogut obviously wasnt the same team we saw in the regular season.
    I don’t want to admit it but this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCroix View Post
    Why is Curry hobbled? Look to his series with OKC Durant Thunder. His averages show astounding non hobbled features with 28-6-6 and a shooting fg of 44% which all numbers bigly declined in Finals series.
    Billy?

He was hobbled because healthy Steph doesn't struggle to get by Kevin love on isolation. Beating an injured Steph isn't the same as facing the same Warriors team that dominated the regular season?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer View Post
    He was a good FT shooter posting around 80% in his time with the Raptors. He could also post up and pass too. He was a good mid range shooter too. Putting 20 points on 50% FG isnt exactly mediocore...
    You do know that he scored ZERO points in a G7 of the Finals, right? Missed every single shot.

This is from Bosh himself:

"I don't bang anybody anymore," Bosh said. "It's a tired thing for me. It's not my strength and I understand that."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer View Post
    Klay hasnt done shit to lead a team to the Playoffs but Bosh has twice as the franchise player.

Bosh is more of a scoring threat. Rodman isn't. Why would you pick Rodman when you could pick Bosh to space the floor out and add a dimension to your team???
    Klay single handedly won crucial games in the PO's for the Warriors. Bosh has never been that dude.

Banned

22-year old Lebron made the Finals, while 22-year MJ lost in the 1st Round because only juggernauts won the East in the 80's - weak teams like the 01' Sixers, 03' Nets, 07' Cavs, or 09' Magic weren't winning the East back then - Bird needed 3 HOF teammates to win the 80's East.... ditto Dr J.... Isiah needed a starting 5 that were all 3x all-stars or better (Dumars, Isiah, Rodman, Laimbeer, Aguirre.. edit: Rodman was 2x all-star and 2x dpoy)

Ultimately, lebron won 8 straight conference finals only AFTER his "decision" formed a strong team in a conference that weak teams were routinely winning - aka Dwight, AI, Kidd, and 07' Lebron all won the East with weak casts, so it's no surprise that a strong team had a winning streak.. Ultimately, Lebron couldn't win the East in 09/10, so he stacked the deck from 11-18' to ensure Finals runs

Furthermore - nearly all teams made the playoffs in the 80's (16 of 23 teams), so Jordan's 30-40 win teams made it as 8 seed and faced impossible 8 vs 1 matchups in the 1st Round.. Otoh, today's bigger league meant that Lebron's 30-40 win teams missed the 8 seed and avoided impossible 1st Round matchups vs the 19' Warriors or 05' Pistons.. instead, lebron only made the playoffs with high seeds/good teams and easy 1st round matchups his entire career

Ultimately, Jordans 80's teams had zero accolades...Otoh, Lebron's 05-10' casts had 2 all-stars (Zydrunas, Mo) and another recent all-star/all-star caliber player (Jamison), and also 2 all-defenders, top defenses and the Coach of the Year.. Lebron's more decorated cast explains how he won more games with less stats (28/8/7 won 66, while Jordan's 33/8/8 won 47.. or 35/6/6/dpoy won 50)
    Last edited by trada7029; 04-26-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trada7029 View Post
    22-year old Lebron made the Finals, while 22-year MJ lost in the 1st Round because only juggernauts won the East in the 80's - weak teams like the 01' Sixers, 03' Nets, 07' Cavs, or 09' Magic weren't winning the East back then - Bird needed 3 HOF teammates to win the 80's East.... ditto Dr J.... Isiah needed a starting 5 that were all 3x all-stars or better (Dumars, Isiah, Rodman, Laimbeer, Aguirre.. edit: Rodman was 2x all-star and 2x dpoy)

Ultimately, lebron won 8 straight conference finals only AFTER his "decision" formed a strong team in a conference that weak teams were routinely winning - aka Dwight, AI, Kidd, and 07' Lebron all won the East with weak casts, so it's no surprise that a strong team had a winning streak.. Ultimately, Lebron couldn't win the East in 09/10, so he stacked the deck from 11-18' to ensure Finals runs

Furthermore - nearly all teams made the playoffs in the 80's (16 of 23 teams), so Jordan's 30-40 win teams made it as 8 seed and faced impossible 8 vs 1 matchups in the 1st Round.. Otoh, today's bigger league meant that Lebron's 30-40 win teams missed the 8 seed and avoided impossible 1st Round matchups vs the 19' Warriors or 05' Pistons.. instead, lebron only made the playoffs with high seeds/good teams and easy 1st round matchups his entire career

Ultimately, Jordans 80's teams had zero accolades...Otoh, Lebron's 05-10' casts had 2 all-stars (Zydrunas, Mo) and another recent all-star/all-star caliber player (Jamison), and also 2 all-defenders, top defenses and the Coach of the Year.. Lebron's more decorated cast explains how he won more games with less stats (28/8/7 won 66, while Jordan's 33/8/8 won 47.. or 35/6/6/dpoy won 50)
    Interesting observation.