Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: April 1st vs June 1st

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Overdrive is a leftist like me. You’d do well to not lump everyone to the left of the American Republican Party into the same boat.
    But you agree with the point I'm making right? Which means you find some truth in it and can see it's consensus of what's going on in this world. I'm not against the situations. I'm against how people present it. Which is why I tend to align with the minority point of view.

I don't agree with OP on a lot, but his main point obviously makes sense.

Social distancing and the 'Stay Home. Keep everyone safe!' order is now eradicated. And mostly irrelevant. If the pandemic is what the CDC and government claims it is, there should be a spike in cases here shortly. And by SPIKE, I mean an upsurge.

I'm in LA but the Santa Monica curfew is now 4:00pm. This shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post

Social distancing and the 'Stay Home. Keep everyone safe!' order is now eradicated. And mostly irrelevant. If the pandemic is what the CDC and government claims it is, there should be a spike in cases here shortly. And by SPIKE, I mean an upsurge.

That's another point to my message. It totally contradicts a cause we're trying to eradicate. Both causes can be acted upon simultaneously. But the fact is we are still dealing with the first cause. Using a "revolution" to supecede it is to me quite selfish

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    The majority of people are. You don't want to see it because you fall into that category. The majority. I don't follow the herd. The herd shames people for not following. I have been diligent and vigilant on both fronts. I'm one of those crazy quarantiners and I have been protesting against police abuse of power my whole life. But I don't shame people who don't follow me. I only shame those who shame others.

If you really felt passionate on both fronts you'd lock arms and lead people to do things the right way.
    I understand your point I just think calling people snowflake won't drive it home. Also I don't rhink these are the very same people. The most hardcore left people I know were absolutely anti lockdown. Radicalism is pretty similar on both the left and right side of the spectrum.

I think quarantaine is a valid measurement, but as I said alot of the people protesting now feel their live is more threatened by the government than the virus, so I understand their doings. Also the US was in for an uproar quite some time now. The bipartisan tribalism paired with worldviews based on 200 year old traditionalism on on side and overly progressives on the other side with very little space for centrism must explode sometime.

It just coincedes with the corona crisis.

If you want change you need to promote pluralism, not perpetuate the same worldviews those cons do - snowflake, libtard whatever. A majority of the left aren't permantly upset liberals. They want social security and justice, but not in the way a raging pink haired minority is portrayed.

And then there's vandalism tourism, but those people arevretards.

That's insane. It's 9pm here, so ****ing annoying.

We will know soon enough within 4-5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    I understand your point I just think calling people snowflake won't drive it home. Also I don't rhink these are the very same people. The most hardcore left people I know were absolutely anti lockdown. Radicalism is pretty similar on both the left and right side of the spectrum.

I think quarantaine is a valid measurement, but as I said alot of the people protesting now feel their live is more threatened by the government than the virus, so I understand their doings. Also the US was in for an uproar quite some time now. The bipartisan tribalism paired with worldviews based on 200 year old traditionalism on on side and overly progressives on the other side with very little space for centrism must explode sometime.

It just coincedes with the corona crisis.

If you want change you need to promote pluralism, not perpetuate the same worldviews those cons do - snowflake, libtard whatever. A majority of the left aren't permantly upset liberals. They want social security and justice, but not in the way a raging pink haired minority is portrayed.

And then there's vandalism tourism, but those people arevretards.
    By snowflakes I mean the masses. The SJWs. The hashtag crusaders. Which anyone with a computer or a car to drive around with can see. And unfortunately the world has herded to the newest fad. Not calling the killing of Floyd a trend, but how people protest it, the masses who were isolation warriors, have completely forgotten about the Vid, which as I illustrated has practically the same numbers as 2 months ago.
    You may know liberals who are corona woke, but really that's a very small sample size. And in theory should be on my side pointing out hypocrisy.

A week and a half and my point seems more valid than ever. Racism killed covid. Thanks lefties for making it safe to go out again! Even though you yelled at us to stay the f*CK home!

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    We will know soon enough within 4-5 days.
    Now that it is hindsight what's the verdict?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Now that it is hindsight what's the verdict?
    Data for rest of the country (irrespective of where protests occurred) shows that out of the US's 3,141 counties, 1,421 saw an increase, 1,198 a decrease and 522 had the same number of reported coronavirus cases since Memorial Day on May 25 compared to the 15 days before.
    Someone will need to extract which counties had protests and how that county's numbers were impacted. It would have to be done manually by county that had protests. I don't know which county had protests and which didn't - I'm sure the government keeps a database, but I don't have access to it.

Also keep in mind that we don't get real-time numbers. They are alway a week or 2 behind so we are always playing catch up. The numbers we have today are from last week essentially. That is the problem with a massive country and a bureaucracy. It takes time for the system to report numbers and system to compile numbers.

I remember back in April and May people were getting mad at spring breakers going to beaches in Florida and stuff. Now fast forward and you get demonstrations like black people getting their feet washed by white police officers.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/stat...6cc423c1b.html