Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: I sincerely hope John Bolton doesn't sell a single book.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    The former national security adviser quotes U.S. officials who took part in Trump's meetings with their Chinese counterparts."According to our interpreter, Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which he thought was exactly the right thing to do," Bolton writes. Another official said something similar,"which meant we could cross repression of the Uighurs off our list of possible reasons to sanction China, at least as long as trade negotiations continued."
    I'm sure the thing is immensely damning. But if he is telling the truth and actually cares there is no explanation that makes any sense for not testifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I'm sure the thing is immensely damning. But if he is telling the truth and actually cares there is no explanation that makes any sense for not testifying.
    He didn't want testify in front of House because they are majority Democrat. He was only willing to testify in front of Senate, which is majority Republican. Senate didn't call on him to testify (although the Democrats tried hard). Bolton is still a lifelong Republican even though he is willing to rat out Trump. Republican Senators just protected Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    He didn't want testify in front of House because they are majority Democrat. He was only willing to testify in front of Senate, which is majority Republican. Senate didn't call on him to testify (although the Democrats tried hard). Bolton is still a lifelong Republican even though he is willing to rat out Trump. Republican Senators just protected Trump.
    Absolutely not an excuse. If he seriously believes Trump to be a danger then serving him up to the Democrats was exactly what he should have done. Instead he went to court to avoid testifying. The man doesn't have a genuine bone in his body.

Absolutely not an excuse. If he seriously believes Trump to be a danger then serving him up to the Democrats was exactly what he should have done. Instead he went to court to avoid testifying. The man doesn't have a genuine bone in his body.
    He already made it clear he was not going to testify in front of House Democrats. It was what it was.

It will be a bestseller so I am praying to Zeus here but this man is truly disgusting. If Trump is the gigantic **** wart Bolton says he is then he should have testified before Congress. Writing this book now won't do a lick of good, it will just be bought by a bunch of people that hate Trump and were going to vote against him anyway. The people that still support Trump aren't going to read... well they don't read anything but they definitely aren't going to read a book trashing their God. The only thing that will be accomplished is that Bolton makes some money that he most likely doesn't even need. Zero respect for this money grab.
    This is why the LEFT was so surprised in 2016. Keep insulting those that voted for trump and of course polls are going to be skewed.

Those at poverty level or near it that vote for Trump really should reconsider their political leaning - but otherwise, all those in the middle class and higher will vote republican because they like to keep what they've earned. The issues that conservatives have are not an issue to us personally as long as they are in the middle and higher class.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    He already made it clear he was not going to testify in front of House Democrats. It was what it was.
    And it was and is just a money grab. I will never be convinced that this guy cares.

Thought he couldn't make money off this?