College superstar

Default Throwback: Wade tears up the Lakers, 2009 season - where would he rank today?

this version of wade has got to be the most explosive one. for as good as kobe was that year (ariza was no slouch on defesne either) he could not match this motor.

where does 09 wade stackup with players today? what numbers do you think he puts up?

Default Re: Throwback: Wade tears up the Lakers, 2009 season - where would he rank today?

Edit: 30/5/5

Who is he playing with? God damn these comparisons are pointless.

His old team vs the new teams?
    Last edited by SATAN; 05-03-2021 at 10:44 AM.

College superstar

Default Re: Throwback: Wade tears up the Lakers, 2009 season - where would he rank today?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Edit: 30/5/5

Who is he playing with? God damn these comparisons are pointless.

His old team vs the new teams?
    not that serious dude lol

09 wade in general. good team/bad team - whatever. how does he play in today's game. where does he rank?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

This video was almost all jumpers from wade.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    This video was almost all jumpers from wade.
    look how fast he gets to his spot though. stopping on a dime. weaving in and out - short bursts everywhere. its no wonder his knees were destroyed.

He could probably average 30/10/7.

I don't think his scoring would be a lot better from what it was in '09, but I do believe he would have been putting up 2017 WB numbers at his peak with slightly better efficiency, so he'd easily be top 5.

I usually hit open layups

I guess he would neck and neck w/ Harden, but his defense would be the difference. The only 2 way SG at his level would maybe be Paul George at his best, but he doesn’t lead and deliver when it matters like Wade has.
    On paper, you could compare him to Oladipo at his best on the Pacers: 2 way guard, super athletic, and can handle the rock in place of a real Point guard.
    Like someone said earlier I don’t think his scoring would change much but he could put up like 30/7/7 on 50+ FG. Replace him with Donavan Mitchell he’d be an MVP candidate.