Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: How come bron only has 5 first team defensive teams in 19 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I couldn't tell you why Kobe got so many unwarranted All-Defensive nods but LeBron didn't. Maybe the competition at the forward spot was too strong where they couldn't justify leaving off guys like Kawhi, Dray, PG, Butler, Giannis etc. for LeBron.
    True but he hasn't even made a second team in his thirties i don't think. Not a bad answer though. At least there's one bron stan on here that can answer a question with an intelligence answer.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Bronbron 23 posts about LeBron
    Bruh you really gonna question my user name? Your name is air boner you no p*ssy getting stupid muthafuka

Very good NBA starter

Easy. Could be lockdown but also was lazy.

Competed with kawhi KG ron artest Bruce bowen Tim Duncan draymond Paul george..George...

Guard was not as heavy. Kirk Heinrich as good as he was defensively even made a first team.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    How come LeBron had 5 straight all-defensive first teams when NBA coaches selected these teams, and the exact season they switched the selection process from NBA coaches to the media, LeBron stopped getting all-defensive first teams?
    Interesting. You might be on to something although that dosn't account for brons first 5 seasons where he didn't win any.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Bruh you really gonna question my user name? Your name is air boner you no p*ssy getting stupid muthafuka
    Your schtick is wack bruh. You whine about not being biased then come back every now and then with your LDS (LeBron derangement syndrome) shut your dumbass up

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    I legit thought he had around 8 until i saw something on Instagram earlier. How can this be for such a great defender who's had such great longevity physically? I figured it must be because competition was stiff but i checked and chris paul made a bunch that bron didn't. Is older slower smaller chris paul really a better defender than bron?
    Because he had to carry bums from 2003-2010. Then he was expected to play next to an all star in Wade and got a declining one from 2010-2014. Also had to carry the load, dominating every 5 major categories year after year after year.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Baller789 View Post
    So you are saying there are a lot more better defensive wings than Lebron than there are better defensive guards than Paul?

Interesting...
    I’m saying there is more of a talent pool, thus your odds of being selected will obviously decrease.
    It’s not really complicated imo… more wings = less chance. Less guards = higher chance
    Last edited by Ne 1; 12-11-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Because he had to carry bums from 2003-2010. Then he was expected to play next to an all star in Wade and got a declining one from 2010-2014. Also had to carry the load, dominating every 5 major categories year after year after year.
    2011 Wade was still pretty good in the Finals.

What happened there?

7-time NBA All-Star

Because he wasn't an all-time defender

He couldn't guard shooting guards like Klay, Rip Hamilton or Reggie Miller that ran off a lot of screens, while power forwards like David West abused the shit out of him... So he's just a massively overrated defender and employs Westbrooking strategy on offense, so hes overrated on both sides of the ball

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Because he wasn't an all-time defender

He couldn't guard shooting guards like Klay, Rip Hamilton or Reggie Miller that ran off a lot of screens, while power forwards like David West abused the shit out of him... So he's just a massively overrated defender and employs Westbrooking strategy on offense, so hes overrated on both sides of the ball
    Your entire existence is overrated.

Very good NBA starter

Look at the forwards during the 2005 to now seasons versus guards and you will find your answer.

A lot of versatile and potential shit down perimeter defenders at SF and PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1 View Post
    Because there’s a lot more “defensive-oriented” forwards than there are guards. LeBron is competing for Defensive Team spots with combo guards/wings, small forwards & power forwards/hybrid bigmen. Chris Paul is competing with guards, in an era where teams prioritize offense from their point guards.

Think about it like this, think of all the 2-way wings and forwards in the NBA. Now think of the 2-way guards in the NBA. One list is longer than the other
    Lebron was listed as a PG for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons. Your argument doesn't hold up.

LeBron doesn't give 100% effort on defense throughout the regular season. He doesn't seem to give a shit about all defensive team selections since he was robbed that year. It's pretty meaningless anyway.

Are you guys seriously saying Lebron couldn't beat out Paul Milsap in 2015-'16?

Or Andre Roberson in 2016-2017?

Or Al Horford in 2017-2018?

He's a loser then if he couldn't beat out these scrubs. I've never see more excuses made for one athlete my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth View Post