Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Luka will never win organically

His big man ball-dominance turns teammates into spot-up shooters, so he lacks the young player development and chemistry to win organically.

Since he can't win organically via chemistry, he'll need to be a talent-based winner (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy).

This isn't opinion - it's the historical record because this is what Lebron did, so we can use his history to predict the future with Luka..

A skillset with poor teammate development and fits cannot win organically and must seek a talent-based approach (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy) - that's Lebron and Luka-ball.. Lebron was just another losing ball-dominator like Luka until the "decision"
    Last edited by 3ba11; 07-12-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Luka will never win organically

Too many preservatives.

It will be tough, especially without assets like a #8 draft selection, which they can flip for a top 5 selection in order to nab a prospect like a Scottie Pippen.

Lebron and Luka unfortunately raise their teams’ floors too high to ever be able to add quality talent thru the draft.

Obviously going 1-9 despite being loaded with assets like Woolrdige, Gervin, Oakley etc tends to make the talent acquisition process a bit easier.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 07-12-2022 at 02:33 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

You posted something similar back in 2010 when it appeared that it was the Cavs' year.

You were wrong then and you're wrong now

Lebron immediately started team-hopping once his shit brand of ball lost as a historic favorite 2 times in a row - no one ever lost twice in a row with a 60-win 1 seed - only Lebron

So keep the blinders on.. It's a predictable look for you

I've bookmarked this post - in a few years when Luka is either 1) a team-hopping or colluding beta, or 2) like Damian Lillard or Mitch Richmond (career losers).. this thread will get bumped

Setting aside OPs Lebron obsession, something about Dallas seems to rub black guys the wrong way. In theory Dallas should be attactive to free agents...big glamorous city, good owner, no state tax. But for some reason they dont want to play there. Their record of signing free agents is surprisingly bad.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It will be tough, especially without assets like a #8 draft selection, which they can flip for a top 5 selection in order to nab a prospect like a Scottie Pippen.

Lebron and Luka unfortunately raise their teams’ floors too high to ever be able to add quality talent thru the draft.

Obviously going 1-9 despite being loaded with assets like Woolrdige, Gervin, Oakley etc tends to make the talent acquisition process a bit easier.

Lebron entered the playoffs as a high seed in 06' - that's the only reason that he had high seeds

He needed 3 years to develop his team into a veteran, high seed before entering the 06' Playoffs

Otoh, Jordan was thrown into the playoffs in Year 1 as an 8 seed..

So Jordan had to carry bad teams in the playoffs, while Lebron enjoyed high seeds for his entire career, except 2021 - the first year that he had a low seed, he lost in the 1st Round and lost another 2-1 lead .. .. you can't make this stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Setting aside OPs Lebron obsession, something about Dallas seems to rub black guys the wrong way. In theory Dallas should be attactive to free agents...big glamorous city, good owner, no state tax. But for some reason they dont want to play there. Their record of signing free agents is surprisingly bad.
    I think youre reading a bit too much into it. The Cowboys for instance have never had a problem signing free agents.

The Mavs have just been unlucky a few times that their free agency targets have had other places they preferred to go. I dont think anyone is specifically avoiding Dallas.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    You posted something similar back in 2010 when it appeared that it was the Cavs' year.

You were wrong then and you're wrong now

Lebron immediately started team-hopping once his shit brand of ball lost as a historic favorite 2 times in a row - no one ever lost twice in a row with a 60-win 1 seed - only Lebron

So keep the blinders on.. It's a predictable look for you

I've bookmarked this post - in a few years when Luka is either 1) a team-hopping or colluding beta, or 2) like Damian Lillard or Mitch Richmond (career losers).. this thread will get bumped

This one in particular or the 26 duplicates before it and 38 to come?

NBA Superstar

I'll get to the race factor in a second

But firstly - regardless of any obsession, I'm right on this

Ball-dominators like Luka, Westbrook, Lebron, Harden etc - they have poor chemistry and teammate development - this is FACTUAL... ... so they can't win organically...

People think it's coincidence that Lebron never won organically but that's false - it's a function of his skillset - he imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win..

That's why he's so much of a fraud - he literally doesn't know how to win (organic.. chemistry) and just forms all-star teams (talent-based winning).. He goes 1/4 and leaves teams in shambles

Regarding the Mavericks and race - you're right - the Mavs love their white boys and it seems like a black star would be treated more like a guest than one of their own.. That's just a quick hottake but there's some truth in there

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    I'll get to the race factor in a second

But firstly - regardless of any obsession, I'm right on this

Ball-dominators like Luka, Westbrook, Lebron, Harden etc - they have poor chemistry and teammate development - this is FACTUAL... ... so they can't win organically...

People think it's coincidence that Lebron never won organically but that's false - it's a function of his skillset - he imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win..

That's why he's so much of a fraud - he literally doesn't know how to win (organic.. chemistry) and just forms all-star teams (talent-based winning).. He goes 1/4 and leaves teams in shambles

Regarding the Mavericks and race - you're right - the Mavs love their white boys and it seems like a black star would be treated more like a guest than one of their own.. That's just a quick hottake but there's some truth in there
    They made red carpet free agency pitches to Deron Williams and Dwight Howard among others long before they drafted Luka or traded for KP.

Like any team attempting to compete, they go after the best players available and sign the best ones that will come.

Theres literally nothing racial about it

Back in the day i remember their big free agent signing was.....Eric Dampier

Seemed like a big overpay but they were desperate to get a center with size who could play D.

SNIVELBALL

NBA Superstar

Back in the day i remember their big free agent signing was.....Eric Dampier

Seemed like a big overpay but they were desperate to get a center with size who could play D.

If they land a "Shaq" in free agency, then sure, Luka can win... But he won't 3-peat... His poor brand of ball will always cause favored talent to underachieve..

Again, this is based on the historical record - Lebron's preseason favorites fell to Finals underdog or loser for 6 straight years (11-16') except the Ray Allen miracle.. Again, that's a poor brand causing favored talent to underachieve.. Lebron also lost with 1 seeds or preseason favorite in 09', 10', 21' and 22'
    Last edited by 3ba11; 07-12-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Decent playground baller

I mean they might win but it’s not like they have a very good roster around him It took Dirk years and years to win and they finally got the right role players around him — namely Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd.

Dallas has a hard time attracting FAs and they don’t have any meaningful assets to bring in anyone via trade.

He took them pretty far last year with a bunch of role players, cast offs and bums. If he and Jayson Tatum traded teams, straight up, Boston walks to a title.