Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2022-23 regular season. The Tank begins...

Veteran role players Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks are also trade candidates to watch closer to the deadline. Noel isn’t expected to finish the season with Detroit, ********* has learned. Burks has gotten off to a torrid start since returning to the lineup and is expected to draw interest from playoff-caliber teams closer to the trade deadline.
    – via Michael Scotto @ *********

Bucks guard Grayson Allen was discussed in trade talks for Suns forward Jae Crowder, league sources told *********. With Pat Connaughton set to return to action, Allen could become expendable for Milwaukee with the Bucks searching for frontcourt help.

Brian Windhorst: The problem is, I don’t think that the sons want Grayson Allen and that’s not a perfect swap for them. So there’s been some attempts to bring in a third team and I always say a three-team trade is a no-team trade. Obviously, they happen, they happen every year. But trust me, a huge percentage of the three-team trades die, because it’s so very hard to satisfy all three parties.
    – via Apple Podcasts

Jae Crowder is the player executives around the league are monitoring closely as the player most likely to be traded. Despite Cameron Johnson’s torn meniscus that’s expected to sideline him 1-2 months, there’s still no expectation Crowder will return to the Suns. Several teams, including the Bucks, Hawks, Heat, and others, have expressed interest in Crowder.

Suns

When the Cavaliers expressed interest in acquiring Suns forward Jae Crowder, Cedi Osman’s name came up in the trade talks, league sources told *********. It’s not the first time, nor the last, his name will likely come up in trade talks leading up to February’s trade deadline. With the recent insertion of Lamar Stevens into the starting lineup, Osman is now seeing less playing time behind Caris LeVert, Isaac Okoro, and Stevens. Osman’s $7.4 million salary can easily fit into most trade discussions. Next season, Osman’s salary declines to $6.7 million, which could appeal to teams.

Jazz owner Ryan Smith is said to be a fan of Jordan Clarkson, ********* has learned. There’s a palpable buzz around the league that Utah will look to sign Clarkson to an extension rather than trade him.

knew I didn't like him when I first saw him with his stupid oversized baseball cap. Missing the Millers

Is it sort of a little bit– it must be frustrating at times when, you know, you don’t play four or five games and trying to stay ready and all of that. How do you kind of keep your attitude during– in those situations? Juan Hernangomez: I mean, it is frustrating but every team got 18 players. The game, actually, it plays for with 9, 10 players, so it’s a lot of players. You got to stay ready. You got to keep working on the game. You never know when the opportunity comes.
    – via Yahoo Sports Canada Videos @ Yahoo! Sports

Juan Hernangomez: And it’s not the first time I’ve been in this situation. I mean, NBA, every year it’s a lot of players getting out, it’s a lot of players coming in. So, just the players who keep working hard, keep believing in them, and keep being ready when the chance coming are the players who staying. So it’s a hard business.
    – via Yahoo Sports Canada Videos @ Yahoo! Sports

https://www.slcdunk.com/2022/11/21/2...tion-on-volume

At 12-6 with a handful of metrics validating Utah’s start, questions now surround just how far the team can go. The answer is honestly as far as Markkanen can take them.
    I'd say it's more up to the front office. The fact that the owner wants to keep Clarkson around I don't have much hope. You hire Ainge to do a job and than you don't let him do it?

At 12-6 with a handful of metrics validating Utah’s start, questions now surround just how far the team can go. The answer is honestly as far as Markkanen can take them.
    still early. Let's see him do it for a whole year

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2022/...anksgiving/30/

What to be grateful for: The hiring of Danny Ainge
    my guess is he won't be around long if the owner is making the decisions instead of the proven winner. Keep Clarkson trade a statue. Sure makes perfect sense!

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2022/...star-deadline/

It would hard to imagine Markkenen and Collins working playing next to each other as they have similar strengths and weaknesses. Though, perhaps the Jazz believes Collins is a slight upgrade from Markkanen and that the team could try to sell high on him and buy low on Collins.
    I see no reason why it wouldn't work. They are playing 3 bigs together now and none of them are just doing one thing. If Collins is versatile Hardy will make it work. The bigger question would be who are they giving up in that deal. If it's Clarkson and Gay its a no brainer

Law Murray: George’s hamstring strain is expected to be evaluated in the next couple of days, source tells @TheAthletic. Would seem doubtful for Golden State on Wednesday. The injury is not believed to be a case of wear and tear, but rather a hyperextension from Saturday.
    – via Twitter LawMurrayTheNU

Eric Walden: Hardy also cites the importance of Jordan Clarkson being a playmaker tonight. Praised the job he did in the Memphis game that Conley sat out, as well as his play down the stretch of the Portland game where Conley got hurt.

– via Twitter tribjazz

they're in trouble. Bolmaro is with the team I think. Not with the Stars. I'd guess Nickeil will get the minutes though

https://saltcityhoops.com/sc7112122-...onley-passing/

Nobody gives up fewer opponent threes per game than Utah’s 10.1. The degree to which that number holds up might well be what determines exactly how good this spunky Jazz are.
    I think they said the Jazz are giving up lots of attempts. Leaving guys open they want to shoot

Utah’s most used lineup that features at least three starters but no Conley is when Sexton supplants him next to Clarkson, Markkanen, Vanderbilt and Olynyk. That group has only played 42 possessions together, but if +32.8 so far, including a scorching offense and a shaky defense. The same group with THT in Sexton’s place is +79.1 in just 29 possessions, with an unsustainably hot offense and a really solid defense. It’s too early for those numbers to hold any predictive value, but one of those two is likely to be the new starting lineup when the Jazz suit up without Conley this week. Another option is to shift more ball-handling duties to Clarkson and activate Beasley, but that group has only played three possessions together.
    I'd start Sexton and Beasley

For Gobert, though, fans shouldn’t be quick to dress down the Timberwolves even when the results aren’t to their liking, per Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic. “I just don’t appreciate people that come in and boo your team. When you’re a fan, you gotta support your team in the tough or the good moments. There’s no team in NBA history that only had good moments, so if you’re not going to support us in the tough moments, just stay home. I think if you’re going to embrace us in the tough moments, then come and then we’re going to love the support.”
    – via Rexwell Villas @ Clutch Points

Mark Medina: Jazz forward Lauri Markkanen said that becoming an All-Star “has always been a personal goal of mine.” Markkanen below on his teammates saying he should make the team this season pic.twitter.com/jB3CovzVTl
    – via Twitter MarkG_Medina

gets most of the credit

https://saltcityhoops.com/markkanens...ar-trajectory/

Even if this continues to regress, Markkanen as an above-average rim defender is a huge development, especially as he’s proving the ability to play at the forward position. The previous iteration of the Jazz always longed for secondary rim protection, and Markkanen may be able to provide that.
    imagine him with Rudy