Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Are Jimmy Butler and Jokic the only stars who aren’t ****ing around?

Not only did Bird settle for jumpers he’s been known to tell people he was going to settle for a jumper before the play even developed to see if he could have gotten inside. Doesn’t mean he was ****ing around. Karl Malone wasn’t ****ing around when he was driving or taking 12 fadeaways. Shooting is not what determines such a thing.

Default Re: Are Jimmy Butler and Jokic the only stars who aren’t ****ing around?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Not only did Bird settle for jumpers he’s been known to tell people he was going to settle for a jumper before the play even developed to see if he could have gotten inside. Doesn’t mean he was ****ing around. Karl Malone wasn’t ****ing around when he was driving or taking 12 fadeaways. Shooting is not what determines such a thing.

Birds jumper was a much bigger threat that Ewing and Hakeem. If a guy shoots jumpers well then he isn't settling by taking jumpers. Durant is a perfect example today.

If a big shoots poorly but still settles for jumpers instead of attacking the rim, he's settling. We only have the last 7 years of Ewings career for shooting numbers when he was obviously aging. Over 27% of his shots were from 10-16 feet where he shot 39%. That is settling. That is only slightly less than the number of shots he took at the rim.

Whatever else it might be it is certainly on brand for you to take your love of division to such an extent you would use it to determine even such an abstract concept as who ****s around or not.

Whatever else it might be it is certainly on brand for you to take your love of division to such an extent you would use it to determine even such an abstract concept as who ****s around or not.

If you are 7' tall shooting 15 footers, which you shoot poorly, I am not going to give you credit for your effort.

FYI shooting efficiency is the primary factor that determines who wins a game, by a wide margin.

9 seconds of shooting in 37 minutes of play time doesn’t determine if you play hard. Not that playing hard and not ****ing around are the same thing either. Shooting percentages just feels like a weird place to take such a discussion. Eddy Currys shot chart doesn’t mean he didn’t **** around relative to Patrick Ewing. I’m not sure anyone but you would even try to make that connection.

9 seconds of shooting in 37 minutes of play time doesn’t determine if you play hard. Not that playing hard and not ****ing around are the same thing either. Shooting percentages just feels like a weird place to take such a discussion. Eddy Currys shot chart doesn’t mean he didn’t **** around relative to Patrick Ewing. I’m not sure anyone but you would even try to make that connection.

I actually remember Ewing. For example he would have will perdue on him and settle for jumpers. Perdue didn't have to do anything but stand there and watch him shoot.

Perdue wouldn't have been able to do much if Ewing took him to the rim, but Ewing would routinely let weak defenders off the hook.

A guy like Barkley would just take it to the basket and dunk over and over until someone stopped him.

I’m well aware that you remember Patrick Ewing. The problem is you’re judging “Not ****ing around” by shooting numbers which is just…weird. It’s an unrelated issue. It’s generally better to make your jumpers and be a good shooter but I don’t know if KG knocking down a jumper is why someone might say he “Ain’t ****ing around out there” or that his tendency to crash into the paint ever made anyone say it or Corey Maggette.

They’re loosely related if at all.

I’m well aware that you remember Patrick Ewing. The problem is you’re judging “Not ****ing around” by shooting numbers which is just…weird. It’s an unrelated issue. It’s generally better to make your jumpers and be a good shooter but I don’t know if KG knocking down a jumper is why someone might say he “Ain’t ****ing around out there” or that his tendency to crash into the paint ever made anyone say it or Corey Maggette.

They’re loosely related if at all.

If a poor shooting 7 footer settles for jumpers then I don't see him as a guy playing hard, especially when he is fully capable of getting to the rim

Garnett was a lightweight compared to Ewing. He couldn't bull his way to the basket like Ewing could, and he was a much better shooter. Dirk took a lot of fadeaway jumpers but he was a great shooter who really wasn't capable of getting to the rim very often.

Ewing was very capable of getting to the rim far more often. He just chose not to.

And yet…clearly wasn’t ****ing around. Neither was Oakley. Or Anyhony Mason. For reasons unrelated to the few seconds any of them might spend shooting a jumper.

And yet…clearly wasn’t ****ing around. Neither was Oakley. Or Anyhony Mason. For reasons unrelated to the few seconds any of them might spend shooting a jumper.

Oakley and Mason weren't big threats to take it to the basket and score. Ewing was a big threat and I used to wonder why he didn't try to do it more often, especially against the bulls. The bulls centers weren't that good and I always felt like Ewing should take advantage of them. He just didn't do it very often.

I remember watching Miller elbow, trashtalk and play dirty as hell against Michael Jordan on the latter's actual birthday. Most guys would probably exchange pleasantries with MJ but Miller was taking cheapshots at him all day.

Banned

Butler and Jokic...

...and Westbrook.