Titles are overrated

Default 13 minute a game backup had thoughts on defending AD.

Please clap.

Default Re: 13 minute a game backup had thoughts on defending AD.

He should have a good amount of experience defending a flop artist.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Outside of embiid I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer hit the deck more than AD. That's why the two of them were always getting injured. They flop all day.

When was the last time you saw Jokic hit the deck? When has he ever been injured despite being fat for an NBA player? He doesn't toss his body around recklessly to the floor hunting foul calls.

You see it in guards too like Wade and rose. When you're constantly throwing your body into the hard ground for calls it's gonna break down.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Outside of embiid I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer hit the deck more than AD. That's why the two of them were always getting injured. They flop all day.

When was the last time you saw Jokic hit the deck? When has he ever been injured despite being fat for an NBA player? He doesn't toss his body around recklessly to the floor hunting foul calls.

You see it in guards too like Wade and rose. When you're constantly throwing your body into the hard ground for calls it's gonna break down.
    I made a thread a while back saying AD should watch tape of Tim Duncan and just emulate his below the rim style to avoid injury. But it doesnt seem to be in the cards.

Titles are overrated

I saw a report a while back suggesting that Embiid is literally on doctors orders to flop. It was explained that injury prone people like him suffer most from trying not to go down instead of a controlled roll to a stop. That it’s better for him to just let go and flow to the ground evenly than to catch himself on one leg. It may have been released by his minister of propaganda but it was out there for a while.

Euros rule NBA, UMAD?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

The only way I see Jokic getting injured is someone stepping on his foot and him twisting his ankle or something random like that. His style is too low impact, methodical and deliberate otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    The only way I see Jokic getting injured is someone stepping on his foot and him twisting his ankle or something random like that. His style is too low impact, methodical and deliberate otherwise.
    questionable tonite

Euros rule NBA, UMAD?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    questionable tonite
    How timely

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    He should have a good amount of experience defending a flop artist.
    lmfao

Bran Fam Member

Who do you think AD learned all those flopping moves from?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I saw a report a while back suggesting that Embiid is literally on doctors orders to flop. It was explained that injury prone people like him suffer most from trying not to go down instead of a controlled roll to a stop. That it’s better for him to just let go and flow to the ground evenly than to catch himself on one leg. It may have been released by his minister of propaganda but it was out there for a while.
    That may be true but it also doesn't explain him throwing his arms up in the air and screaming "hey!" like he just got shot.

Kobe used to do this shit too. Drove me nuts.

When all else fails, just throw your arms up and yell "hey!"

ALL of today's stars are embarrassing compared to years past. Obviously some more than others, but damn the league is a disgrace.

Titles are overrated

I wonder if players practice falling on threes. It happens so often it almost has to be worked on. Harden would do it twice on one possession at times. Jamal Crawford being the only one? It was crafty. But now it’s everyone. There are no more signature crafty moves. Once one works everyone steals your custom flop.

XXL

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I made a thread a while back saying AD should watch tape of Tim Duncan and just emulate his below the rim style to avoid injury. But it doesnt seem to be in the cards.
    Funny you mention this. Based on what I've seen of AD this season, he's playing more like Duncan than ever. His post-up numbers are the best they've ever been:

- 4.3 post-up possessions per game (4th in the league)
    - 21.1% of total offense/frequency (4th in the league)
    - 1.16 PPP (points per possession) (tied 2nd with KAT for highest PPP from volume post-up scorers [at least 3 attempts per game])
    - 59.6% FG
    - 19.1% free-throw rate
    - 11.8% turnover rate

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/playtype-post-up