Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Add one player to one team in history to beat this one in a series.

94 Hakeem on the 2008 Celtics.

Garnett gets into Draymond's head and gets him to eject himself. Tony Allen off the bench does a defensive number on Curry. Defensively they overpower and slow down the free flowing offense of the Warriors. Celtics in 6.

Local High School Star

Frankly I don't think the 2018 Warriors were the peak Warriors. Warriors peaked in 2016, they just so happened to not win the title because of Draymond's lack of emotional control. Not sure why you didn't go 2017. Maybe because AD was a little better in 2018? IDK.

I might do something like 2007 Dirk Nowitzki to the 2008 Celtics.

The problem I'm having is that the team needs to be good at shooting and good at defending the three and to be able to adapt to all modern rules, and most of the teams in NBA history that can do all of that are relatively recent teams.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post

Garnett gets into Draymond's head and gets him to eject himself. Tony Allen off the bench does a defensive number on Curry. Defensively they overpower and slow down the free flowing offense of the Warriors. Celtics in 6.
    Damn you stole my team. gg.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

damn.

that is a crazy ****ing team

Local High School Star

Add any of Peak KG, Kareem, or Hakeem to the 18 Rockets. Whichever player makes it them the nastiest. I would probably say KG because you could keep Capela/Nene on the court in total harmony with him. KG’s skill set was that of an all-star wing.

I put peak Bird on the 19 Bucks in a 2k season. Absolutely filthy team. Disgusting in transition. Humongous frontline. Shooters everywhere. Unique play actions in halfcourt.

Peak Chris Paul on the 01 Lakers or 96 Bulls is a good one.

The ones that would make the biggest difference are the ones that don’t seem like they would. Adding Jordan to a title level team is redundant unless it’s a defense heavy team like the 04 pistons or 03 Spurs. I

Maybe peak Jordan on the 87 Lakers. Maybe he could squeeze in there and not take away from Magic’s game and play his full game.

Peak Shaq on the 92 Bulls would be really, really nasty. If god or some universal AI told me that combo would create the greatest NBA team ever I wouldn’t be surprised at all.
    Last edited by 999Guy; 02-21-2024 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    Damn you stole my team. gg.

Shaq or Hakeem to Jordans Bulls would be my confident pick but I would love to see Bird on the 96 Sonics

Kemp
    Bird
    Schrempf
    Hawkins
    Payton

Perkins and Mcmillan off the bench

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I feel like David Robinson might pull this off in some lineups. The fact that he will be added to a team that doesn’t really need him and likely already proved it could win would take the pressure off him and let him focus on defense while still being a completely overwhelming physical presence, and a scoring option.

Dropped on one of these super teams. I don’t know that he would care if he got many shots. Hakeem and Shaq are going to want the ball no matter who their teammates are. That being Jokic into the fold but he’s either guarding peak athletic AD or out at the top in a lot of on ball duty mixed into plays you don’t want him defending.

Drob would be disrupting the whole floor.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Shaq or Hakeem to Jordans Bulls would be my confident pick but I would love to see Bird on the 96 Sonics

Kemp
    Bird
    Schrempf
    Hawkins
    Payton

I was actually thinking earlier about which teams with Shaq I could add Larry Bird to. I considered the 95 Magic. But if have Horace somewhere I didn’t want him.

Kemp
    Bird
    Schrempf
    Hawkins
    Payton

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FilmyCogTurner View Post
    You wouldn't want the 2nd threepeat squad? Having Pippen and Rodman to take turns on KD defensively would be a major asset.
    I want the more athletic Jordan on Curry. Your team could definitely be better though it's all just speculation.

Yeah the 2008 Celtics are a good team to pick given they were already great and yet have an obvious candidate for replacement in Perkins. KBlaze’s DRob call makes a lot of sense from a chemistry standpoint.

Altho Id add Lebron instead

Learning to shoot layups

what title winning team with an ATG added wont go at least confidently toe to toe with them? i mean put jordan on the raptors team that is considered somehow weak champion and sent danny green to the bench and can you predict the result? Or Bird on one of the piston teams?

Banned

Add Shaq or David Robinson to the '96 Bulls.

Add Michael Jordan to 2024 Celtics.

Add Wemby to 2008 Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Add Michael Jordan to 2024 Celtics.

Add Wemby to 2008 Celtics.

I think Id add Magic to the current Celtics just to watch him play with Pingis.