Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best combo of build and athleticism: Shaq, Lebron or Wemby?

Who has the best combo of build and athleticism? Which would you choose if you're coming out in 2024 draft?

Banned

Default Re: Best combo of build and athleticism: Shaq, Lebron or Wemby?

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Who has the best combo of build and athleticism? Which would you choose if you're coming out in 2024 draft?
    If we're strictly talking about build and athleticism combo, it's Lebron. However, if you factor in other things, like Shaq not being able to hit a free throw, or Lebron consistently choking in the clutch, I'd probably put my eggs in the Wemby basket even though he's still unproven.

National High School Star

LOL Shaq being "athletic" does cardio not matter

You look at Nate Thurmond or George Mikan or Wilt Chamberlain dominant players that weren't lard asses.

The obvious answer is LeBron...

Depends if you like length or girth on a man…

We all know lebron falls short in both areas

Shaq easy

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    The obvious answer is LeBron...

Wemby's size gives him a much bigger advantage than the other 2 builds. He can block layups & jump shots and dunk without needing to jump. That's so fking OP.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Shaq

Work ethic is the only thing that stopped him to become even greater than he was. As for Wemby, I do like the guy but as far as impact as a rookie goes he is arguably not even top 5 all time at his position. Wilt, Kareem, Shaq and Duncan were definitely better. Wemby's ceiling is very high due to his build but it's a long road. Can I see him as one of the all time greats? I can. But at this point it's not a given.

Wemby is height and skill. He's an entirely different category.

Build and athleticism coming out of the draft Lebron and close behind Shaq. But Shaq's height and intangible of being literally unstoppable would make me clearly choose him over any player all time.

Local High School Star

Without hindsight available and just knowing what we knew before each draft and before anyone played in the NBA, Shaq is the #1 prospect in league history.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-p...t-probability/

All eleven men representing their franchises in the NBA draft lottery had printed up a team jersey with Shaq’s name embossed in big letters above their respective logos. There was a Dallas Shaq jersey, a Milwaukee Shaq jersey, and a Washington Shaq jersey. With ten of the sixty-six Ping-Pong balls in the mix bearing Orlando’s name, the Magic had just over a 15 percent chance of landing the big fella. One by one, the draft order was revealed.

The Houston Rockets were stuck with No. 11 and a Shaq jersey that was instantly rendered useless. The Atlanta Hawks suffered a similar fate when their logo popped up at No. 10. As the Shaq sweepstakes dwindled to five, Mavericks owner Donald Carter caressed his lucky coyote tooth, but it yielded him only the fourth overall pick. Finally, there were three teams left standing—Charlotte, Minnesota, and Orlando.”
    Every team in the lottery had a Shaq jersey ready before the lottery even happened. Did that happen before or since? I don't believe so.

"Who, Me?"

We've had other instances where jerseys with names happened on lottery night, but not with every single team present.

In other words, literally nobody was even considering trading the pick.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Shaq

Work ethic is the only thing that stopped him to become even greater than he was. As for Wemby, I do like the guy but as far as impact as a rookie goes he is arguably not even top 5 all time at his position. Wilt, Kareem, Shaq and Duncan were definitely better. Wemby's ceiling is very high due to his build but it's a long road. Can I see him as one of the all time greats? I can. But at this point it's not a given.
    but I've been told except for Duncan all of that is prehistory and doesn't count so Wemby is one of the all time rookies even if he's not the best this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Wemby is one of the all time rookies even if he's not the best this year!
    Explain the reason for this meltdown pls...

but I've been told except for Duncan all of that is prehistory and doesn't count so Wemby is one of the all time rookies even if he's not the best this year!
    He's easily a top 20, IMO a top 15 rookie all-time.

There's no doubting it at this point. Idk why you're hating so hard. He's averaging 21/10/3/1/3 in just 28.6 mpg. His per 100 possession numbers are better than almost any rookie in NBA history. Per 100 possessions he's averaging more pts/ast/stl/blks than rookie Shaq & has rookie Duncan beat across the board. He's producing on all levels.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 02-28-2024 at 12:04 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He's easily a top 20, IMO a top 15 rookie all-time.

There's no doubting it at this point. Idk why you're hating so hard. He's averaging 21/10/3/1/3 in just 28.6 mpg. His per 100 possession numbers are better than almost any rookie in NBA history. Per 100 possessions he's averaging more pts/ast/stl/blks than rookie Shaq.
    I'm not hating. He's good but to ignore the 80's and much of the 90's because they supposedly aren't modern while comparing his numbers in in an inflated era is ridiculous

I'm not hating. He's good but to ignore the 80's and much of the 90's because they supposedly aren't modern while comparing his numbers in in an inflated era is ridiculous
    80s were inflated as **** too. I'm not ignoring shit. He's easily having a top 15 all-time rookie season, so how is that not one of the best ever? If you need to go back 25+ years to find a better rookie season he's doing something right lmao.