Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Default Re: I saw Jamal Murray grab at his calf last night. If he goes down it’s over.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Imagine if Joker’s guard was averaging 31/5/7 on 51/39/100… in the east. You think he’d be down 1-2?

with or without Bell’s palsy? With or without an MCL? With or without the nba coming out and saying we blew the call for the game? Does he have all 3 of those things going against him or just 1 or 2 or none?

Don’t just say he’s down 1-2 without mentioning everything
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 04-28-2024 at 12:37 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

Default Re: I saw Jamal Murray grab at his calf last night. If he goes down it’s over.

OP is sad.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

OP gonna be in fan hell if Murray breaks out next game lol

Part of what he said is true, Jokic game isn’t the type where he can just takeover the game with high usage and low assists and dominate it himself, without moving pieces around him.

But with moving pieces, that he has chemistry with, his style of play is vastly superior in efficiency, adaptability; versatility to more ball dominant high volume scorers

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post

He’s not a Lebron james or Hakeem or someone like that.

Other than a one-off when everyone was getting one-offs (Iverson, Dwight, Kidd), Lebron didn't start making multiple Finals until he teamed up with the next-best player in the league and put the top 3 players in the conference on 1 team..

And he was swept 4-0 by the 07' Spurs because he averaged 22 on 35%, while MJ was nearly beating the Bad Boys with nothing in 89' or 90'.. Night and day.

(Kyrie played 12 of 14 games in the 15' East Playoffs, while Love was the only all-star sidekick in the 18' East, so the only time that Lebron took a 1-star team to the Finals was when everyone was doing it, aka Iverson, Dwight, Kidd twice)

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    The only championships I can think of where the team didn't have an excellent second scorer are Nowitzki's Mavs and Olajuwon's first ring with Houston. And even in those cases guys had to step up, the stars didn't just go out there and average 50. LeBron James is one of the greatest ever and he can only win a weak conference that way. MJ needs Pip. Magic and Kareem need each other, Bird needs McHale, etc. Jokic needing Jamal Murray exposes some kind of weakness? He would likely be fine with these Maxey, Nuggets could even be better.
    You're calling Pippen an "excellent scorer"?

His playoff career stats are 44% and 30% from 3. He never got over 23 ppg in the playoffs despite being the first option. Many seasons with below 30% 3-point shooting. Barely scored above 40% in the second 3-peat in the playoffs. He was a great open court player and playmaker but for sure not an excellent scorer. Nowhere near someone like Glen Rice, Mitch Ritchmond, Mullins that kind of underrated actual excellent scorer.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    You're calling Pippen an "excellent scorer"?

His playoff career stats are 44% and 30% from 3. He never got over 23 ppg in the playoffs despite being the first option. Many seasons with below 30% 3-point shooting. Barely scored above 40% in the second 3-peat in the playoffs. He was a great open court player and playmaker but for sure not an excellent scorer.

Nowhere near someone like Glen Rice, Mitch Ritchmond, Mullins that kind of underrated actual excellent scorer.

boom.. that's good understanding

on an unrelated note, I think a guy like Detlef Schrempf would be an animal in today's game as a 6'10 power forward that can do EVERYTHING including 40% three-point shooter, handle and post fundamentals.. he would be really tough in today's format but they just didn't care about him back then and he didn't get the ball much - his skillset was "ahead of it's time" and a lot of good shooters suffered from that back then.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post

on an unrelated note, I think a guy like Detlef Schrempf would be an animal in today's game as a 6'10 power forward that can do EVERYTHING including 40% three-point shooter, handle and post fundamentals.. he would be really tough in today's format but they just didn't care about him back then and he didn't get the ball much - his skillset was "ahead of it's time" and a lot of good shooters suffered from that back then.
    Yes, Schrempf was not about to overshadow Kemp and Payton.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

His shooting/range at his position was def not taken advantage enough, even just to use it enough to force spacing. Spacing really wasn’t thought of the same way it is now, teams really slept on his advantageous great spacing was.

The other factor was foreigns feeling like guests in the USA, and settling for “fitting in” since the way they learned the game was team chemistry and team play, not asserting their own skill set at the expense of jeopardizing team chemistry. Even if their own usage was significantly higher efficiency than American stars on the team.

Another player way ahead of his time, in a very similar way, was young Derrick Coleman.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Other than a one-off when everyone was getting one-offs (Iverson, Dwight, Kidd), Lebron didn't start making multiple Finals until he teamed up with the next-best player in the league and put the top 3 players in the conference on 1 team..
    Lebron teamed up with Kobe? Stopped reading after this 1st lie

Very good NBA starter

I think in the 90s the game was simply also more physical for many euros and many of the american stars were roided. When I look at the dunkers in the 90s they seem way more compact and explosive than today. Part of that is the way the game was played, explosive jumping was an actual benefit, not long legs for 2.5 eurosteps.

The euros probably didn't roid, but they did smoke cigarettes like Vlade Divac.

Something to keep in mind is that basketball in Europe back then was tilted towards the middle class, even upper middle class, so they make it to the NBA and in the US, basketball is a blue collar, working class, tough guy sport. I don't think if you're Kukoc and Schrempf you feel comfortable taking the shine from MJ/Pip or Payton/Kemp.

NBA Superstar

And he was swept 4-0 by the 07' Spurs because he averaged 22 on 35%, while MJ was nearly beating the Bad Boys with nothing in 89' or 90'.. Night and day.

(Kyrie played 12 of 14 games in the 15' East Playoffs, while Love was the only all-star sidekick in the 18' East, so the only time that Lebron took a 1-star team to the Finals was when everyone was doing it, aka Iverson, Dwight, Kidd twice)
    So you admit Lebron was the best player in the league in 2010? That's interesting.