Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Bradly Beal, 50 mil to score 9 points in 31 mins in an elim game (Kblaze get in

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    What I find funny is you going from the extreme of it being an absolutely unmovable albatross that is the worst contract in history to talking about it being a burden for team trying to win a championship. The Tone change and realization that you had no idea what you were talking about to begin with is unusual in somebody insisting on continuing to bring up a discussion that is hundreds of post already.

You’ve already given up like 70% of what you were originally insisting but you’re going to want to keep talking about it till the end you’re just like “I know there’s 77 of them but that one was…a little worse than ideal”.

You don’t even hear your stance softening, but I do.

These contracts do not mean shit. They mean less every day. just wait until you realize at the end of his contract, he might be making less money than he made at the start of it relative to the cap. He’s gonna have the smallest cap hit when he has the biggest actual number if a couple things fall into place but by then we will have moved on to you being outraged Walker Kessler or someone gets 304 million and you won’t have learned a thing.

The whole Max and Supermax contract thing is nothing but a smoke screen designed by the owners negotiators to con the simple minded into thinking that they’re doing something that hurts them.

The worst contract you can think of is a calculated deal to ensure you never have to pay Steph Curry what he would truly be worth in an open market. They sat down and even change the rules on awards, which will eliminate some all NBA players, but make new ones who otherwise wouldn’t have made it get Supermax Eligible deals for over 300 million like Jalen Brown and both fans and players will marvel while the owners care about nothing but the revenue split.

There is literally nobody who even has the potential to make enough money that it will keep their team from being able to have a talented roster. The system does not allow it. But you’re doing the bidding of cheap owners by pushing the idea that they can.

that way, the All-Star, who was paid more than fans think gets the attention instead of the owner who could give the order to assemble a super team anyway and pull it off if he chose to spend his billions that way.

these owners are master manipulators, and frankly fans are ****ing stupid. Almost as bad as the players who go into the CBA giving up financial trade off for irrelevant shit like having approval over the post game buffet menu.

The owners are billionaires with billionaire level accountants and cap experts that get paid like low level CEOs.

A lot of the teams that suck forever just aren’t worried about winning. But they have a convenient scapegoat.
    Not really. I said it was a stupid signing and should been unmovable, and it should be until Mat Ishbia went full retard, and look where that move landed him.

Your original reasoning for it not being a bad contract we’re “there have been worse contracts inked in the past”. Which is not a real reason.

Beal will be a Angel of Death wherever he goes on that contract, you don’t gotta like it, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by warriorfan; 04-30-2024 at 05:12 PM.

Default Re: Bradly Beal, 50 mil to score 9 points in 31 mins in an elim game (Kblaze get in

The suns won 50 games while their best players miss what? How many games did they even play together? Was it even 30? They obviously did build a capable team. Just not a healthy one. And got more hurt in the playoffs.

Can’t account for that. As a bulls fan? I will swap rosters in a second. Worst case we start over in two years. It isn’t some devastated franchise. It’s a team. That’s going to be good again next year, but probably not good enough. How many teams are good enough? Three?

And Owner like theirs can put you in the conversation off sheer willpower.

you can’t necessarily spend yourself to greatness, but you can spend yourself to being worth talking about. In a league where teams like the suns have already gone 50 years without winning being in the mix is all you can realistically expect.

you have to be a special kind of incompetent to be willing to pay the tax and still stay bad forever.

They’ll probably tear down in a couple years to get out of being repeaters, then go right back for it. We need more teams like that not less.
    Yeah, Beal has had health problems for awhile now and is on the wrong side of 30. One of the reasons I said it’s an exceptionally bad contract.

The season was a total disaster, They went all in on Bradly Beal and got smoked. Their team obviously isn’t constructed right. They aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and don’t have very many options considering they are in the second apron and Beal still has a no trade clause and they gave up all their remaining picks for him.

I don’t know how there is any other interpretation for the Sun’s decisions and results other than a complete and total disaster

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Not really. I said it was a stupid signing and should been unmovable, and it should be until Mat Ishbia went full retard, and look where that move landed him.

Your original reasoning for it not being a bad contract we’re “there have been worse contracts inked in the past”. Which is not a real reason.

Beal will be a Angel of Death wherever he goes on that contract, you don’t gotta like it, but it is what it is.

it was unmovable until the very second they decided to move it at which point it was easily moved. And the terrible fate was being a six seed, losing in the first round while a bunch of teams Considering themselves contenders did the same already or are likely about to. And they’ll have to wait to two whole summers from now to have significant cap room. Unless they just decide to get some. Which would be fairly simple if KD is fed up.

You did with people on the Internet always do. Take issue with something so you massively exaggerate and start talking about worst ever when you have no historical perspective. And then when you’re giving historical perspective, you say history doesn’t matter as if you didn’t originally start talking about historical terms like it being one of the worst/best ever.

It’s just human nature and ignorance. I helped alleviate your ignorance on the subject to put it in proper context. I also told you they could move it, which was factually correct. I’ve been doing nothing but giving you the truth you don’t like as you consistently dilute your point and make up reasons reality didn’t match your Belief.

literally 100% of the time this forum gets upset and claim some contract will be an unmovable albatross the team holding it is able to move it easily or wants it where it is.

Ish is like 0/15 in “Oh my god! They’re stuck!” claims and just refuses to learn.

Yeah, Beal has had health problems for awhile now and is on the wrong side of 30. One of the reasons I said it’s an exceptionally bad contract.

The season was a total disaster, They went all in on Bradly Beal and got smoked. Their team obviously isn’t constructed right. They aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and don’t have very many options considering they are in the second apron and Beal still has a no trade clause and they gave up all their remaining picks for him.

I don’t know how there is any other interpretation for the Sun’s decisions and results other than a complete and total disaster
    That’s like saying the heat went all in on Chris Bosh. You don’t go all in on your third guy. They went all in when they traded Bridges and 4 first rounders for KD.

to get Beal they swapped what…the remnants of Paul and several pick swaps. They didn’t have enough left for a giant package. But it got him to a team he wanted and got them their third guy.

You wanna call the season a disaster? It’s just showing a lack of perspective once again. My team has only been this good three or four years since Jordan left. How many times have the Hornets even won this many games? Ever? Maybe once in the early 90s?

They are a team worth talking about which like about three others went down sooner than they hoped. If you think they are a disaster because they’re gonna have to wait a year or two to have space you need to remember what the Warriors were for like 40 years.

Teams go decades not even being what the Suns are now. The nets have topped 49 wins once since Doctor J led them in the ABA. Almost 50 years ago.

They aren’t a disaster. They lost after a good season that wasn’t what it should have been due to injuries.

Absolutely not a big deal. I’m not sure this season is even subpar for any franchise. Has any team consistently been better than the suns are now?

Maybe the Spurs historically. Maybe.

But I know wild exaggeration that lacks all perspective is your thing on these matters.

Anyway feel free to try to bait me into starting this over next time. You got your extra hundred posts of repeated content on the subject you think I’m the one who won’t drop. Maybe you’ll get another hundred next time. Get it up around 600. I’m gonna go soft boil some eggs to marinate for ramen. Excuse me.

Anyway feel free to try to bait me into starting this over next time. You got your extra hundred posts of repeated content on the subject you think I’m the one who won’t drop. Maybe you’ll get another hundred next time. Get it up around 600. I’m gonna go soft boil some eggs to marinate for ramen. Excuse me.
    Well you keep going back to this reasoning of “beal’s contract isn’t bad, there have been far worse”

“Suns aren’t in that bad of a position, at least they aren’t the worst team in the league!”

This is like saying to the police “Hey what’s the big problem? So what I beat the shit out of my girlfriend, at least I didn’t kill her!”

Kblaze, claiming the contract was easily moved is simply not true. If Beal didn't want to get traded he wouldn't have gotten traded. He has a no trade clause. He isn't going anywhere he doesn't want to go

More like a cop saying I killed my girlfriend and being annoyed that I’m pointing out she’s standing right over there living a perfectly normal life In better shape than a great deal of people around her.

And I forgot I needed Mirin. And I want real mirin for my teriyaki sauce, not corn syrup, which is what most American stores sell. I’m gonna have to get up and go to the Asian market. If there’s anything worse than getting up, it’s having to get back up. Thought I was home for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Kblaze, claiming the contract was easily moved is simply not true. If Beal didn't want to get traded he wouldn't have gotten traded. He has a no trade clause. He isn't going anywhere he doesn't want to go

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Well you keep going back to this reasoning of “beal’s contract isn’t bad, there have been far worse”

“Suns aren’t in that bad of a position, at least they aren’t the worst team in the league!”

This is like saying to the police “Hey what’s the big problem? So what I beat the shit out of my girlfriend, at least I didn’t kill her!”
    I think he is saying this version of the Suns is better than watching whatever they were going to be with Chris Paul. Beal is the girl you could have gotten with but you are waiting for the supermodel trade opportunity to walk into your life.

I am more on your side than his but he is not unreasonable here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    I think he is saying this version of the Suns is better than watching whatever they were going to be with Chris Paul. Beal is the girl you could have gotten with but you are waiting for the supermodel trade opportunity to walk into your life.

I am more on your side than his but he is not unreasonable here.
    I see what you are saying but I don’t know about that.

Pretty sure Suns could have managed to not win one Playoff game even with Chris Paul.

If they never made the trade they would have 10 more draft picks that they didn’t waste in getting beal, CP3 on an expiring 30 mil contract that they could flip

Now they are in the same place success wise they were after the trade, except now they have 10 less draft picks and beal for multiple extra years at 50 mil with his no trade clause.

Patience is a virtue, sometimes the best move is no move.

The Suns blew it, there’s no two ways around it really.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

You guys are still arguing this?

The Suns basically got Beal for free or at very little cost for a team trying to win now. Hard to knock the move given they have like a 3 year window at most. They took a chance and it hasn't worked yet...reasonable people can disagree about what the right move or moves would have been for the Suns.

But this "worst contract" and "unable to be traded" shit needs to stop...how on earth does this narrative still exist after Beal was just traded for positive value to the Suns less than a year ago?

The "Beal's contract was terrible for the Wizards crowd" really needs to just take the L and admit they were wrong.

Can't believe this shit still comes up. A player that stays with one team as long as Beal did and plays at his level is simply going to get within 10% of the contract he got no matter what. One can disagree with that, but that doesn't change reality. The whole league is setup to max or near max a player like Beal roughly 10 years into his career.

Make peace with it...you already should have...because the contracts are not stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    You guys are still arguing this?

The Suns basically got Beal for free or at very little cost for a team trying to win now. Hard to knock the move given they have like a 3 year window at most. They took a chance and it hasn't worked yet...reasonable people can disagree about what the right move or moves would have been for the Suns.

But this "worst contract" and "unable to be traded" shit needs to stop...how on earth does this narrative still exist after Beal was just traded for positive value to the Suns less than a year ago?

So which is it? Did the Suns "get him basically for free" or did the Wizards trade him for positive value?

When the Wizards signed Beal it was a win now move and failed, as we said it would because Beal isn't that good. The Suns acquired him in a win now move and that has failed badly. They took a huge step back which again was predictable when so much money is tied up with someone who isn't that.good.

The wizards had yet another losing season when they were trying to win and the Suns couldn't win one playoff game after taking the champs to 6 last year. Where Beal goes, disappointment follows, as we predicted.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-30-2024 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    So which is it? Did the Suns "get him basically for free" or did the Wizards trade him for positive value?

When the Wizards signed Beal it was a win now move and failed, as we said it would because Beal isn't that good. The Suns acquired him in a win now move and that has failed badly. They took a huge step back which again was predictable when so much money is tied up with someone who isn't that.good.

The wizards had yet another losing season when they were trying to win and the Suns couldn't win one playoff game after taking the champs to 6 last year. Where Beal goes, disappointment follows, as we predicted.
    Again, I'm not going to argue semantics. The Wizards got rid of Beal for a bunch of picks and pick swaps for a team blowing it up. I think that is fair to call it positive value.

The Suns? They were trying to win now and lost and old Paul and Shamet for Beal...I think that is fair to call "basically free or at little cost" for a team only concerned with the next few seasons.

You predicted? No, what you predicted was that the Wizards wouldn't be able to move Beal at all...and you were dead wrong.

How good Beal actually is...is certainly debatable....perhaps I and Blaze over-rate him to some extent...again, I'm not really sure as how good Beal was / is...was never the debate. It was about the contract...and we were right...and you were wrong.

Nearly a year later...your camp just needs to take the L rather than going on and on.

Just like the crowd claiming the Gobert trade made no sense and was one of the dumbest ever. Bill Simmons and his buddy Rusillo went on and on about how stupid that was...now they are in love with this Wolves team.

Usually the hard line opinions that offer no room for conversation...are often the dumbest. Something for you to think about.

This is another way of saying "I was wrong"...the contract I claimed was impossible to move...actually got moved and got moved for absolutely no cost to the Wizards no matter how harsh any reasonable person could be.