Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Finals

    He was a 1-trick pony like Iverson or Dwight before he put the top 3 players in the conference on 1 team.

    So the argument that "it's better to make the Finals" doesn't apply to Lebron since he missed more Finals than MJ and most players - he couldn't make multiple Finals until he rejected "normal" casts of 1 franchise player and pursued 3 franchise players on 1 team (super-team).

    Lebron is simply the biggest loser of all-time by virtue of the worst record on the championship level and also more bad losses than anyone in history (sweep losses, record losses, upset losses, goat chokes, goat meltdowns, losses with 2 all-star teammates, lock up in a loss (08')) - no one has more bad losses than Lebron.
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-17-2024 at 06:22 PM.

  2. #2
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Well I would say 9 times as he made the conference finals twice to go along with his NBA finals appearances.

    Also you are making the case that Chris Bosh is better than Howard, Pierce, Garnett...etc. Hey question how many playoff series did Wade, Bosh, and Love win?

  3. #3
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    .
    2010 Wade............. 28 PER... 9.2 BPM
    2010 Kobe.............. 21 PER... 4.4 BPM

    * Wade was #2 across the board in 2010 (PER, BPM, WS/48, VORP)


    Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    Well I would say 9 times as he made the conference finals twice to go along with his NBA finals appearances.

    Also you are making the case that Chris Bosh is better than Howard, Pierce, Garnett...etc. Hey question how many playoff series did Wade, Bosh, and Love win?

    Wade was the 2nd best player in the league in 2010 (see stats above), so it's splitting hairs regarding Bosh and fossil Pierce or KG - KG was basically Horace Grant after the catastrophic injury in 09' - this has never been enough help for Pierce, who was also older, so the Celtics only won 50 in 2010.

  4. #4
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    .
    2010 Wade............. 28 PER... 9.2 BPM
    2010 Kobe.............. 21 PER... 4.4 BPM

    * Wade was #2 across the board in 2010 (PER, BPM, WS/48, VORP)
    2010 would be the year that Boston beat him in five games in the first round....because Wade without Shaq or Lebron couldn't win anything.

  5. #5
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    33,766

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    .
    2010 Wade............. 28 PER... 9.2 BPM
    2010 Kobe.............. 21 PER... 4.4 BPM

    * Wade was #2 across the board in 2010 (PER, BPM, WS/48, VORP)





    Wade was the 2nd best player in the league in 2010 (see stats above), so it's splitting hairs regarding Bosh and fossil Pierce or KG - KG was basically Horace Grant after the catastrophic injury in 09' - this has never been enough help for Pierce, who was also older, so the Celtics only won 50 in 2010.


    In his last season in (2014) before playing with LeBron James, Kevin Love averaged 26.1/12.5/4.4/.591 TS%

    The only 2 players to ever have that stat line are



    https://www.basketball-reference.com...91&order_by=ws

    1. Prime Kareem Abdul Jabbar in 72
    2. Kevin Love 14



    Edit: Giannis has done it since making him the third person.

  6. #6
    Made that high school varsity squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    717

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Why do this?

    LeBron’s teams missed the finals in 11 of his 21 seasons - that’s 52%.

    Jordan’s teams missed the finals in 9 of 15 seasons - that’s 60%.

    This is a stat that easily gets turned in LeBron’s favor. You are just reaching for shit.

    By the way, if this is the measuring stick, Russell still wins.

  7. #7
    The Bearded Menace Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    33,336

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Why do this?

    LeBron’s teams missed the finals in 11 of his 21 seasons - that’s 52%.

    Jordan’s teams missed the finals in 9 of 15 seasons - that’s 60%.

    This is a stat that easily gets turned in LeBron’s favor. You are just reaching for shit.

    By the way, if this is the measuring stick, Russell still wins.
    On top of that, jordan also missed the playoffs while in a wizards jersey.

  8. #8
    National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    He made it to the Finals in ‘07. So that’s dumb. The 2008 Celtics coming together really altered the landscape, especially in the lesser talented East. Wade and LeBron were solo acts vs those Celtics teams. Kobe struggled with them and by comparison he had a squad.

  9. #9
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Why do this?

    LeBronís teams missed the finals in 11 of his 21 seasons - thatís 52%.

    Jordanís teams missed the finals in 9 of 15 seasons - thatís 60%.

    This is a stat that easily gets turned in LeBronís favor. You are just reaching for shit.

    By the way, if this is the measuring stick, Russell still wins.

    52% vs 60%.... meh.... not a big gap regarding winning the East especially when 1 guy colluded

    now compare winning the LEAGUE (Finals record)

    lol
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-18-2024 at 05:00 PM.

  10. #10
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post

    He made it to the Finals in ‘07.


    So did Iverson, Kidd and Dwight, so Lebron is a 1-trick pony like those guys until he put the top 3 players in the conference on 1 team.



    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post

    The 2008 Celtics coming together really altered the landscape


    For 1 year... Garnett got hurt in 2009, so Lebron faced Dwight as a -700 favorite, but still lost.. The Magic's all-star point guard was out for the series, so Dwight had the injury excuse but still won... That's like Lebron winning the 15' Finals or something.

    After Garnett's injury in 2009, he returned as Horace Grant in 2010 (14/7) - this isn't enough help for a guy like Pierce, so the Celtics only won 50 games and were massive underdog in 2010 Playoffs..

    Btw, the Heat started over as a team after Wade's injury in 2008, whereas Lebron had a Year 7 organic juggernaut and league favorite in 2010.. Part of this organic growth was receiving the all-star spacing that Lebron's stiff arm needed in 2009, which added 19 more wins.. Then Jamison/Shaq were added to a 66-win league favorite in 2010.. So there's no comparison to Wade's 2nd or 3rd year team (starting over after his injury) and Lebron's year 7 organic juggernaut.

    But it's interesting because Wade dominated those Celtics (33 on 56%), while Lebron played poorly (26 on 45%).. Wade was better than lebron at that time and this was confirmed when wade was 1st option over Lebron for the 2011 Playoffs.. When Lebron finally got past the Celtics that year, it was Wade that led the heat in scoring and assists... That's like Bird coming along and leading the Bulls when MJ finally got past the Pistons in 1991... lol
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-18-2024 at 05:03 PM.

  11. #11
    Jokic Stan
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,767

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    OP only made this thread because he got destroyed in MY thread about Lebron being the second best winner in the modern era

  12. #12
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    OP only made this thread because he got destroyed in MY thread about Lebron being the second best winner in the modern era

    The thread title debunks your argument - Lebron missed the Finals more than anyone and formed super-teams specifically because he couldn't make the Finals from 08-10' and had historic upset losses.. he's just a 1-trick pony like Iverson and Dwight without his super-teams, which debunks your argument.

  13. #13
    Jokic Stan
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,767

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    The thread title debunks your argument - Lebron missed the Finals more than anyone and formed super-teams specifically because he couldn't make the Finals from 08-10' and had historic upset losses.. he's just a 1-trick pony like Iverson and Dwight without his super-teams, which debunks your argument.
    4 FINALS MVPs. Just that statement debunks your whole thread. Keep crying about it

  14. #14
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    4 FINALS MVPs. Just that statement debunks your whole thread. Keep crying about it

    6 losses on the championship level plus 11 before the Finals, and massively-losing records with every cast... 1/4 with AD, Love, or Wade (except the Allen miracle)... he's a complete joke and the biggest loser ever.

  15. #15
    Jokic Stan
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,767

    Default Re: Lebron missed the Finals 11 times - the "decision" was b/c he COULDNT make the Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    6 losses on the championship level plus 11 before the Finals, and massively-losing records with every cast... 1/4 with AD, Love, or Wade (except the Allen miracle)... he's a complete joke and the biggest loser ever.
    No one cares about losses because EVERYONE loses more than they win. That's why you are using troll/hater logic. What everyone DOESNT do is win FMVP. That is rare air.

    Lebron's 4FMVPs debunks your "biggest loser ever" nonsense. IF you want to be a little bitch and live in fantasy land, that is not my problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •