Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ice Cube's "Contract With Black America"

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    So he wants a monument for victims of police brutality, but he doesn't want a monument for the lives lost in the gangsta rap culture he helped cultivate.

Ice Cube is a patriot who is a firm believer in the second amendment, what’s wrong with that?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Still, I believe his core thinking is correct. Blacks should be seeking some kind of systematic “loan” in equity, the only condition of which is to take greater internal responsibility for their community. .
    But how does one even enforce this. You can event ask it without sounding racist. I also would like to see black people succesful in US but I think it all lies in prison system being flawed as hell, bad influence from their idols and the whole nation not changing as fast as we all would like. Racism is decreasing in every generation and I think in 3-4 of them will be close to obsolete (I HOPE). It seems like a lot now, but in humanities perspective its a drop in an ocean.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Ice Cube is a patriot who is a firm believer in the second amendment, what’s wrong with that?
    The second amendment part.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic View Post
    The second amendment part.
    The government shouldn’t have any weapons the people don’t have access to as well.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

The government shouldn’t have any weapons the people don’t have access to as well.
    Do citizens have weapons in Communist countries?

But how does one even enforce this. You can event ask it without sounding racist. I also would like to see black people succesful in US but I think it all lies in prison system being flawed as hell, bad influence from their idols and the whole nation not changing as fast as we all would like. Racism is decreasing in every generation and I think in 3-4 of them will be close to obsolete (I HOPE). It seems like a lot now, but in humanities perspective its a drop in an ocean.
    Voluntary repatriation of the south east, the traditional ancestral American home for most blacks and still the region with the highest AA percentage.

Recruit every black person coming out of law school in America to work there as judges, district attorneys, business owners, police officers. Borrow “reparation money” from the govt to bump up pay for sanitation, postal, etc workers in order to attract regular black folks lookIng to find stable work in an environment friendly to them.

Basically help them out with the resources they need to really build a solid black community... so long as theyre genuinely committed to building it.

Completely voluntary of course, nothing is legally segregated. It will require an initial round of affirmative action to get black professionals and workers embedded into the community. But nobody would be legally required to move there, stay there, etc. It would all be incentive based.

Cube got em steaming
    Honestly, what the **** is wrong with you?

Im absolutely amazed that some people could think this paper is even worth sharing. It looks like 8 min brainstorming session. That 5 % of defense budget goes to black neighborhoods is WILD

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Honestly, what the **** is wrong with you?

“Capitalism is a good system”

-Ice Cube

Rrr3:

Yo Cube got these boys STEA-

oh shit, wait a minute

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...P-10-30-18.pdf

Universal Baby Bonds Reduce Black- White Wealth Inequality,
    Progressively Raise Net Worth of all Young Adults
    Naomi Zewde, 2018

"
    Law makers and
    researchers have proposed to address the issue by introducing universal “baby bonds,” paid to each new
    born in the United States and preserved until the individual reaches young adulthood. The proposed bond
    value is based on a sliding scale up to a $50,000 maximum investment for babies born to families with the
    lowest net worth. By tying bond values to net worth rather than income the proposed scheme intends to
    better address the more extremely unequal and persistent racial disparities in net wealth.

find that without the baby bond program, median wealth among young Caucasians is
    approximately sixteen times that of the young African Americans ($46,000 vs. $2,900). The baby bond
    program raises median wealth for both groups and reduces the disparity to a factor of 1.4, where
    Caucasian young adults hold $79,159 and African Americans $57,845 at the median. Moreover, the share
    of all wealth held by the top decile of young adults would decrease from 72% to 65%, marginally
    approaching the distribution of more egalitarian societies. A baby bond program would considerably
    narrow wealth inequalities by race while simultaneously improving the net asset- position of young adults
    and alleviating the increasing concentration of wealth at the top.
    "

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Walked into thread. Opened link. Laughed my way through the first 3/4 of the contract. Then came to the bottom part where Ice Cube is trying to create the Housing Crisis 2.0. Stopped laughing. These people never learn.

not surprised to see the usual suspects fuming.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post

Can you imagine going through life that angry? Jesus, their blood pressure must be off the charts. ESPECIALLY true for Chewing.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post

Why do you align yourself with the likes of R Cubed??