Default Was there a craft/art/sport you wish you would have picked up in your youth?

Looking back now I wish I would have put more time into singing and hip hop dance. I was great at both but too focused on basketball, badminton and martial arts. I was asked to join choir on many occasions but thought it was social suicide. I did back up dance for a hip hop group, but didn't really have a passion at the time. Seeing the Filipino community kill it at hip hop is inspirational. Other than that I could have put more work into tennis, but I was really good at badminton I stuck to that. Even competed state. Looking back it's the musical arts I really missed out on

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Was there a craft/art/sport you wish you would have picked up in your youth?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Looking back now I wish I would have put more time into singing and hip hop dance. I was great at both but too focused on basketball, badminton and martial arts. I was asked to join choir on many occasions but thought it was social suicide. I did back up dance for a hip hop group, but didn't really have a passion at the time. Seeing the Filipino community kill it at hip hop is inspirational. Other than that I could have put more work into tennis, but I was really good at badminton I stuck to that. Even competed state. Looking back it's the musical arts I really missed out on

Ahhhhhh this is painful

Wish I studied languages instead of watching so much tv.
    Wish I pursued track and field instead of bball.
    Wish I pursued martial arts instead of bball.

Default Re: Was there a craft/art/sport you wish you would have picked up in your youth?

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY View Post
    Ahhhhhh this is painful

Wish I studied languages instead of watching so much tv.
    Wish I pursued track and field instead of bball.
    Wish I pursued martial arts instead of bball.
    I wish I would have studied languages as well. Even brush up on my own. Going to the Phils now and communicating is challenging. When you're a "jock" the arts is never an interest

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    I wish I kept going with my first musical dream of being a drummer, when I first listened to AC/DC and Iron Maiden as a young teen, I fell in love with the mean guitar sound and I switched to that when I already had my first crappy drum set, sold to buy me a Strat and a cheap 15 watt amp...I don't regret learning the guitar, just wish I also stuck with learning to play drums.

I wish I had stayed with guitar at 16 instead of giving up almost instantly and not picking it up again until years later; I would be way better by now.

I wish I would have been taught to throw left handed. There is a future in left handed pitchers

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

OP could have been the next gary valenciano!

really focusing on all things tech when i was younger would have come such a looooong way now.

Probably playing piano and another language.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity View Post
    OP could have been the next gary valenciano!

really focusing on all things tech when i was younger would have come such a looooong way now.
    Oh man my wife loves Gary V. Lol. She introduced me to his music. Funny reference haha!

Playing drums
    playing guitar
    playing bass
    sampling and creating boom bap beats
    film making
    video editing
    computer programming
    detailed car mechanics and repair

Playing guitar, drums, team basketball, badminton. Was also interested in learning how to troubleshoot some basic car problems, like changing flat tires or downed battery but school schedule back then didn't give time to allow learning them.