Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Toyota just ruined the Supra

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Its very own srp is obviously the greatest culprit there. A new lfa could have been better but it will probably be ten times more of its price tag while just being twice as powerful. Who knows.
    The Problem is Toyota plays it too safe. Toyota has the funds and capability of producing a much better car at a good price. That 5.7L in the Tundra would have been an amazing powerplant for the Supra.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    The Problem is Toyota plays it too safe. Toyota has the funds and capability of producing a much better car at a good price. That 5.7L in the Tundra would have been an amazing powerplant for the Supra.
    Just shows that toyota is actually resting on their own laurels and that their developers are simply caught napping. To make matters worse, this practice of theirs is not only limited to their r&d team but some of their markets worldwide as well.

they didn't straight out make a vehicle that runs on less than ideal road conditions, however, servicing remains a strategy for their global marketing.

I'm still amazed that the bigger yet cheaper mustang still has a lot of potential to be faster than the new supra. And a $35k difference is already enough to tell which is the real bargain.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/toyota-...ich-is-faster/

I'm still amazed that the bigger yet cheaper mustang still has a lot of potential to be faster than the new supra. And a $35k difference is already enough to tell which is the real bargain.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/toyota-...ich-is-faster/
    The Mustang GT starts at 40k compared to 50k for the Supra... where are you seeing a $35k difference?

Anyway, I am still amazed that the Tesla model 3 performance can be had for $55k (or $50k if you are lucky enough to snag one of the rare "stealth" trim models like I did), and yet it blows the doors off virtually any combustion car under ~$100k (aside from the c8 corvette and maybe one or two other cars that are focused 100% on performance... there certainly arent any 4-doors that come remotely close to the m3p on price/performance ratio)
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-24-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    The Mustang GT starts at 40k compared to 50k for the Supra... where are you seeing a $35k difference?
    Here in our market somewhere in asia/pacific, the v8 mustang costs around almost $65k while the supra is roughly around $100k. Idk why but it's fukking way too op here, despite it being smaller with 100 less hp and an 8-speed gearbox compared to the latter.

Meanwhile, the c8 corvette also seems attractive with its pricing, given its racer mr layout like many ferraris but i think the pushrod v8 is a tad bit old already, despite it being adequate for what it is.

Anyway, I am still amazed that the tesla model 3 performance can be had for 55k (or 50k if you were lucky enough to snag the "stealth" trim level like I did), and yet it blows the doors off virtually any combustion car under ~$100k (aside from the c8 corvette and maybe one or two other cars that are focused 100% on performance... there certainly arent any 4-doors that come remotely close to the m3p on price/performance ratio)
    Yes i know you love tesla so much but i still prefer traditional coupes.

Here in our market somewhere in asia/pacific, the v8 mustang costs around almost $65k while the supra is roughly around $100k. Idk why but it's fukking way too op here, despite it being smaller with 100 less hp and an 8-speed gearbox compared to the latter.

Meanwhile, the c8 corvette also seems attractive with its pricing, given its racer mr layout like many ferraris but i think the pushrod v8 is a tad bit old already, despite it being adequate for what it is.
    Damn... your market is kinda brutal.

Here the V8 Mustang starts at $40k, the Supra at $50k... while the C8 Corvette starts at $60k.

Yes i know you love tesla so much but i still prefer traditional coupes.
    Have you ever driven one? I do indeed love my Tesla, but its not like my love is based on "feelings" or saving the environment or some other faggy lib nonsense like that... I love my Tesla because I have been a car guy my entire life, and I have never experienced any other vehicle that comes remotely close to providing the feeling you get from the instant and insane torque produced by a powerful electric vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Damn... your market is kinda brutal.

Here the V8 Mustang starts at $40k, the Supra at $50k... while the C8 Corvette starts at $60k.
    Ikr right.

It's hard to be living in some third world developing nation.

Have you ever driven one? I do indeed love my Tesla, but its not like my love is based on "feelings" or saving the environment or some other faggy lib nonsense like that... I love my Tesla because I have been a car guy my entire life, and I have never experienced any other vehicle that comes remotely close to providing the feeling you get from the instant and insane torque produced by a powerful electric vehicle.
    Not yet lol. Teslas here are a very rare sight and locally, they're only available in the grey market but for sure, they won't be cheap when they're present in dealers.

But i did like the design of the tesla roadster from 2008. Size was very similar to the latest mx5, which my dad currently has but ofc, that tesla is all electricity compared to mazda's skyactiv tech & stuff.

Ikr right.

It's hard to be living in some third world developing nation.
    Philippines? No doubt there are some downsides to living there, but I'm sure its not all bad

Not yet lol. Teslas here are a very rare sight and locally, they're only available in the grey market but for sure, they won't be cheap when they're present in dealers.
    I def wouldnt buy one unless there were local dealerships to service it... not that they need service often (in ~8mo of ownership mine has not had a single issue), but Tesla does everything in their power to prevent rando mechanics from being able to do any serious work on their cars (one of my few complaints with them)

But i did like the design of the tesla roadster from 2008. Size was very similar to the latest mx5, which my dad currently has but ofc, that tesla is all electricity compared to mazda's skyactiv tech & stuff.
    The original roadster was basically just a modified Lotus Elise... no doubt it was very similar to the mx5