View Poll Results: Have they already reached their peak?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neither have peaked yet

10 41.67%
  • Both have peaked

2 8.33%
  • Giannis has peaked but not Doncic

10 41.67%
  • Doncic has peaked but not Giannis

2 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Chance that Antetokounmbo and Doncic have peaked?

Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    I brought this up last year and everyone laughed. Most people on here don't use their brains though, everything they say is based on emotion.

Luka will definitely be one of those guys who peaks early and then levels out. The reason for this is simple. He's already pretty much maxed out skill and decision making wise and he's only gonna get less athletic as he gets older so there's really not alot of room for growth.

This isn't a bad thing btw. He's already one of the best players in the league. Bron and kawhi only have a year or 2 on top, after that Luka will probably be the best player in the world.
    How the hell is Luka maxed out on skill? He’s not a good shooter yet.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    How the hell is Luka maxed out on skill? He’s not a good shooter yet.
    I actually think he's a great 3 point shooter already but I'm not sure if his efficiency will get much better from 3. It's not like he's taking open three that are good looks. He's taking step back three with a high degree of difficulty. That's why his efficiency isn't amazing. If he was coming off ball more getting better looks I'm sure his efficiency will be higher. So i guess off ball movement is an area where he can improve but i dought he'll ever work on it. He's alot like bron that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    People are projecting these two to be the top players in the league in five years time. But is there a chance they've actually already reached their peak?

Giannis got a big boost when Bud became his coach improving the team performance but it's unclear if Giannis has developed his game further under Bud. He just got a max contract and if this team end up going nowhere there might be the temptation to just coast afterward.

I'm worried that with Doncic having developed so early and precociously that he is vulnerable to burn out. He's also far away from home. There is a chance that teenage early adult problems that have been put on hold with his career up to this point taking center stage might assert themselves and waylay him for a while.
    They have peaked, some people peak earlier then others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    I actually think he's a great 3 point shooter already but I'm not sure if his efficiency will get much better from 3. It's not like he's taking open three that are good looks. He's taking step back three with a high degree of difficulty. That's why his efficiency isn't amazing. If he was coming off ball more getting better looks I'm sure his efficiency will be higher. So i guess off ball movement is an area where he can improve but i dought he'll ever work on it. He's alot like bron that way.
    No one who shoots 32% from 3 is a great 3PT shooter Lmao. And iirc he shot 33% on catch and shoot 3s too. It’s not the step backs dude just isn’t a shooter. Idk why people can’t accept dude can’t shoot for real.

Very good NBA starter

If Lebron can get a semi-decent post game, then so can Giannis and at that point, he is definitely peaking.

A basic jump hook and a basic post fadeaway is all Giannis needs to actually be a contender.

Imo imo.

His post fade away has improved^

It's clear that he himself doesn't think he has peaked. Thing is Giannis is busy trying to be a play making 3 point shooter at the expense of his team. He's trying to be LeBron instead of actually doing what he's great at. It's hilarious. He looks awkward with this approach. He might get there though.

Luka is good but an overrated stat padder...