Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Reminder that 22 year old PG took the Heat Big 3 to a Game 7 in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Love how kids just look at the statsheet and form their opinion on what happened but Reggie Miller willing his team to two straight wins off a severely sprained ankle is as improbable as it gets especially against the Goat player and a goat level team.

You see guys missing playoff games off minor injuries and you would apreciate what he did even more, hobbling all over the court while outshooting Jordan in the clutch atleast in those games.
    Of the 3 games that the Pacers won, Rik Smits was the top scorer in 2. On game 6, which the Pacers won, Reggie scored 8 pts on 15.4% shooting. Let me reiterate: 8 pts on 15.4% shooting on a must-win elimination game. He was their 5th best scorer with Smits once again leading the way with 25 points. On game 3, the sole game which the Pacers won and Reggie was the top scorer, Reggie's +/- was -1.

So, at best, Reggie "carried" them to 1 win over the Bulls. Nothing to scoff at, but let's present facts as they are.

By your own assessment, you say Reggie did well on 2 won games. However, "taking the Bulls to a game 7" requires 3 wins. So, by own assessment, Reggie fell short by 33.33%. If you fly from London to New York and you fell short by 33.33%, you would be stuck in the Atlantic with an impossibly long swim ahead.

Not saying Reggie wasn't an excellent player; he was. However, to imply that Super Reggie did superhuman acts to take Jordan & Co. to the brink essentially by himself is a blatant exaggeration.
    Last edited by basketballcat; 07-01-2021 at 11:47 PM.

Default Re: Reminder that 22 year old PG took the Heat Big 3 to a Game 7 in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by basketballcat View Post
    Of the 3 games that the Pacers won, Rik Smits was the top scorer in 2. On game 6, which the Pacers won, Reggie scored 8 pts on 15.4% shooting. Let me reiterate: 8 pts on 15.4% shooting on a must-win elimination game. He was their 5th best scorer with Smits once again leading the way with 25 points. On game 3, the sole game which the Pacers won and Reggie was the top scorer, Reggie's +/- was -1.

So, at best, Reggie "carried" them to 1 win over the Bulls. Nothing to scoff at, but let's present facts as they are.

Not saying Reggie wasn't an excellent player; he was. However, to imply that Super Reggie did superhuman acts to take Jordan & Co. to the brink is a blatant exaggeration.
    You basically proved my point by relying on stats without context. Who the heck called him super regggie or implied he was carrying the team lol. Like I said guys are missing games off minor injuries and this dude tried to play hobbling all over the court off a severely sprained ankle.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    You basically proved my point by relying on stats without context. Who the heck called him super regggie or implied he was carrying the team lol. Like I said guys are missing games off minor injuries and this dude tried to play hobbling all over the court off a severely sprained ankle.
    Facts can be refuted, narratives cannot. Narratives are sustained by fandom. Anyway, I tried to present the facts as they were. You can stick to the narratives that you prefer.

One last thing: "hobbling all over the court" means great effort. No question about that. However, it doesn't necessarilly mean great impact and result. Virtually all data indicates that he gifted the Pacers with 1 win, at best. Smits and Bird deserve some credit too.

Bye now.

Such a weird guy implying stuff all over the place lol. I am basically that dude that has given all those 90s Pacers too much credit to the point of overrating them but you guys has become too 3ball obsessed you think everyone has the same agenda as him.

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post