Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Am I wrong to think this about a pizza place sells by slice?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Creating threads here to clown on trump seems fun.
    But in the end, the only one that looks like a clown is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    At some point in time, we're going to run out of things to talk about, so creating the same thread again is the only result.
    This is true. There's a finite number of topics and some of them are in the same family. It might technically be in the quadrillion to the quadrillion power+, but a lot less depending on the poster and their life influence. I mean, we're due for a thread called "Pepsi Cola," with an image of a Pepsi Cola can. And even though Lebron23 hasn't technically made Pepsi Cola specific thread, it's in the same family of many other threads that he's made. Or a thread called "Hot Dogs." With a picture of a hot dog with mustard. And then a couple of years from that, after all his topics are depleted, we might get another thread called "Hot Dogs." But this time with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    But in the end, the only one that looks like a clown is you.
    Didn't you say in one of your threads a long time ago that you'll leave once trump loses?

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    This is true. There's a finite number of topics and some of them are in the same family. It might technically be in the quadrillion to the quadrillion power+, but a lot less depending on the poster and their life influence. I mean, we're due for a thread called "Pepsi Cola," with an image of a Pepsi Cola can. And even though Lebron23 hasn't technically made Pepsi Cola specific thread, it's in the same family of many other threads that he's made. Or a thread called "Hot Dogs." With a picture of a hot dog with mustard. And then a couple of years from that, after all his topics are depleted, we might get another thread called "Hot Dogs." But this time with ketchup.
    Perhaps its true in theory, but its definitely not true in practice.

Lets assume that there is a finite number of topics, and 10-20 unique threads are created on this site every day...it would take hundreds or thousands of years for for this site to come remotely close to discussing every topic at a pace like this, and in reality the pace is much lower than 10-20/day.

Anyway the real reason this post is wrong is because the board isnt driven by the number of new and unique discussion topics, but rather how interesting a given topic is. There has probably been thousands of Trump threads on this board, most of them are the same posters making the same attacks or defenses of Trump over and over again, and this isnt gonna change any time soon - people love talking about Trump.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    Interesting.

I'm very careful to not make the same thread twice. I vigorously search for old threads I've made just to ensure that I don't create the same thread. I'm very self-conscious about my appearances here on ISH. I cannot seem to come off as repetitive. I don't want the readers to lose interest into what I have to say at any given moment. My goal is that members come to this board in search of a topic that I've created to read quality content. Not repetitive psychobabble. This is important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Life after love.
    Funny enough, even though I know the actual lyrics are 'life after love', I say 'love after love'. Both statements are technically correct.