Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: If rudy gobert retired at the end of the season: Hall of famer?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    it's still hard. 1 spot 28 guys are fighting for.
    Deandre Jordan might well have been the 5th best big on the late 90s pacers. He was all nba first team. It isn’t always a tall order. Sometimes it’s being marginally better than Clint Capela.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Deandre Jordan has more all nba teams than Alonzo Mourning and the same number as Mutombo while they combine for 15 all star teams. Think maybe they’re in the hall because the voters have common sense enough to see the difference between playing in the 90s and the 2010s as a center? Hakeem, Drob, Shaq, Ewing, Zo, and Mutombo? The last two played 10 years where you could be top 20 all time and struggle to be an all nba center unless someone got hurt.

It was more impressive to be an all star center in 1995 than an all nba one in an era with the likes of Deandre, Rudy, and Drummond making it. Hell Deandre was all nba first team. Silver mentioned months ago they would have to talk to the players union about going position less on all nba or just frontcourt backcourt like the all star game.

You wouldn’t see those kinds of players make it ever again. Jokic and Embiid are holding it down for the whole center culture. They’re the only reason the center position still needs an all nba spot.
    like i said this could go on forever

the fact you mention jokic and embiid but not davis is enough evidence you are shooting blanks as usual

NBA sixth man of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

If Rudy retired I honestly don't think many people would notice. Wolves free up a ton of cap space and get way better once they sign a star who isn't an offensive liability. They become title contenders.

The NBA nerds would notice for like 2 weeks, then forget he ever existed.

Gobert has no impact on the court and even less off of it. He's a scrub role player. HOF? Get the fukk out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by post View Post
    like i said this could go on forever

the fact you mention jokic and embiid but not davis is enough evidence you are shooting blanks as usual
    It is odd they put him as all nba center despite playing next to McGee who started every game at center last time he made it and him playing with Cousins the time before that. I guess they just wanted to pad it a bit. Not make it look so barren.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    So, you taking Rudy over Kat if you had them both in front of you?
    without a doubt. I prefer winning games to the lottery. The Wolves might be feeling the same this summer. The only argument for Towns is he's younger
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 02-18-2023 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    If Rudy retired I honestly don't think many people would notice. Wolves free up a ton of cap space and get way better once they sign a star who isn't an offensive liability. They become title contenders.

The NBA nerds would notice for like 2 weeks, then forget he ever existed.

Gobert has no impact on the court and even less off of it. He's a scrub role player. HOF? Get the fukk out of here.
    The Wolves have mostly sucked their whole existence. Gobert has been winning games most of his career. Who are they getting to make them much better let alone contenders? Why weren't they contenders before getting Gobert?

They were the same thing the Jazz were. Well over .500(46-36…3 games off the jazz) and irrelevant when it mattered going out in the first round.

It doesn’t much matter who you take between KAT and Rudy. You need a better player to make it matter.

Id probably take Rudy just off not liking KATs general softness for the record. But we’re both gonna lose.

They were the same thing the Jazz were. Well over .500(46-36…3 games off the jazz) and irrelevant when it mattered going out in the first round.

It doesn’t much matter who you take between KAT and Rudy. You need a better player to make it matter.

Id probably take Rudy just off not liking KATs general softness for the record. But we’re both gonna lose.
    yeah Towns finally won some games when he became 2nd fiddle. Gobert was winning with one of the worst rosters in basketball https://www.basketball-reference.com.../UTA/2015.html. For some reason Towns didn't have the impact of Gobert maybe because he only plays one end of the court?

Did you link to what you intended? A 38 win team you called “winning with”?

Hes never won anything worth mentioning. He wins like Demar Derozan. Technically less but…still.

Did you link to what you intended? A 38 win team you called “winning with”?

Hes never won anything worth mentioning. He wins like Demar Derozan. Technically less but…still.
    6th best record after the all star break when he became the starter of a tanking team. Exum and Burke were two of the best players on that roster. No other Jazz player in history has done that not even the great Carlos Boozer. Funny that basketball reference agrees with me that Gobert is the 3rd best player in their history and Boozer isn't in their top 10 despite his amazing conference final run

doubt Towns has played on a team even close to as bad as that group
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 02-18-2023 at 10:02 PM.

You have to loosen up before you limbo under the low ass bar you set for “winning” or can you just roll outta bed and do it?

6th best record after the asg….Jesus.

You have to loosen up below you limbo under the low ass bar you set for “winning” or can you just roll outta bed and do it?

You have to loosen up below you limbo under the low ass bar you set for “winning” or can you just roll outta bed and do it?

One guy being the difference between being one of the worst teams in the league and one of the best is quite noteworthy to me. Only thing even close in Jazz history was the first season after Stockton and Malone when AK almost took that squad to the playoffs. Unfortunately the Jazz moved him to the 3 so the great Carlos Boozer could lead them to glory and he was never as good again unlike Gobert who's best was yet to come

Bro, that's impressive as fck. Not many guys have been able to be just outside the top 5 for 2 months of the season. Statuesque achievement imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Bro, that's impressive as fck. Not many guys have been able to be just outside the top 5 for 2 months of the season. Statuesque achievement imo.
    and that was just the beginning. Unfortunately the Jazz as usual never did build a team around him and wasted almost a decade