Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Wages will never keep up with Inflation = Slow economic death for the middle clas

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Where was I whining or crying about anything? lol.

You and your miserable boy bill gates are projecting hard. it’s pretty obvious you two are the guys with shitty lives here

So have fun with cringy meltdowns on ISH this weekend. Knock yourself out.

Trolling on ISH is quite a shitty life to live.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Wages will never keep up with Inflation = Slow economic death for the middle clas

Blademaster absolutely ethered everybody arguing against him in this thread to an astronomically and quite frankly absurd degree.

exactly... who gives a F*ck about eggs, tv's, or any cherry picked examples of prices going down... seriously? it's the overall market.

I could do that too... A Jumbo Jack when I was teenager was $1.00... Now it's damn near $5.00

The bottom line is purchasing power.
    Yup. Bingo.

This thread is a master class in exposing the people (coward contrarion alts) arguing against the general premise that was proposed.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yup. Bingo.

This thread is a master class in exposing the people (coward contrarion alts) arguing against the general premise that was proposed.
    Because the general premise of using wage rate increases against inflation as a gauge of how the middle class is doing is HIGHLY flawed. You either understand that or you don't. Clothing may have inflated to moon since 1950 but there is no question that one could dress themselves for cheaper today.

And Doomsday's example of a Jumbo Jack ($3.50) is actually what the poor obese citizens of the US eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    Because the general premise of using wage rate increases against inflation as a gauge of how the middle class is doing is HIGHLY flawed. You either understand that or you don't. Clothing may have inflated to moon since 1950 but there is no question that one could dress themselves for cheaper today.

And Doomsday's example of a Jumbo Jack ($3.50) is actually what the poor obese citizens of the US eat.
    OP presented the data that the overall average price on everything has gone up exponentially compared to wage increases.

You then proceeded to cherrypick an extremely myopic and miniscule couple of examples to try and form a rebuttal without realizing all of that was already included in the general inflation % increases which encompassed everything, and not just 1 or 2 commodities.

Long story short, you sir are an idiot and a troll and need to shut the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    He has already blown a lot on crack.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    OP presented the data that the overall average price on everything has gone up exponentially compared to wage increases.

You then proceeded to cherrypick an extremely myopic and miniscule couple of examples to try and form a rebuttal without realizing all of that was already included in the general inflation % increases which encompassed everything, and not just 1 or 2 commodities.

Long story short, you sir are an idiot and a troll and need to shut the **** up.
    You obviously didnt read the thread. I posted the price of ALL food. Not just eggs.

Then I did the same with housing. I'll let you go find that yourself. Get back to me when you actually read everything.

I'm the mean time you should shut the fck up you stupid fcking dolt.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Huh? How did you get that number? And what do you consider middle class now? median house is like 400k and to afford that you have to be a top 10%er (170k/year). And people with higher incomes are probably working in cities with higher median housing prices. What is middle class even? What is 'graduating' middle class? Millionaire? Because I promise you it takes way more than 1 or 2 guys put on the street to generate a millionaire.

Did the upper class grow?... yes

Did the lower class grow?... yes

60% of the country was once considered to be "Middle Class"... now it's 50%

This chart is obviously unfair because it doesn't break down the Middle Class into sections.... if it did, I'm sure the "Lower Middle Class" grew to a much larger percentage.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...-five-decades/
    Last edited by Doomsday Dallas; 02-09-2024 at 09:30 PM.