Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: (4) Clippers vs. (5) Mavericks First Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    just horrible defense by Washington.

Giving him a lane every time and he just has to float it in
    I dont know why they said to overplay the left so hard. Should've made him shoot 3s. He probably would've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    I would literally feel more comfortable leaving Harden open from 3 than allowing him the shit Washington is.
    exactly, I literally cringe every time he stepped up to him.

Makes 0 sense. Harden is a god once he has a lane and can float it.

Horrific coaching too, to allow this over and over again.

Not even impressed with Harden, he bricked the actual big shots he had to take.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Its not that surprisisng tbh. He did this last year and single-handedly won Sixers games

He's always head the talent, but being a 1st option with huge expectations was too much for him. He's much better suited as a 2nd or 3rd guy
    I think his issue is like Kyrie, in that he plays too much one on one to be a team leader, but is perfect in a free role, ready to take over when he feels like it.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yea Dallas had all the momentum up 1 until PG buried that absurd fadeaway 3. And he swished it too.
    and patted Jones on the ass after. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    exactly, I literally cringe every time he stepped up to him.

Makes 0 sense. Harden is a god once he has a lane and can float it.

Horrific coaching too, to allow this over and over again.

Not even impressed with Harden, he bricked the actual big shots he had to take.
    Agreed.

Harden always has a big game when Kawhi is out and did the same when Embiid was out. But it was almost always one game.

He could continue having a good series but if I'm Dallas, I'm not too worried tbh.

Interestingly the Mavs had a regular season game where they made a huge comeback by going on a 30-0 run... but ended up still losing at the end.

This kinda feels similar. But honestly I think the fact they came back will feel encouraging.

It's ultimately a tied series right now and the probabilities over the remaining three games are with the Mavs closing more than the Clippers.

Remember Harden had an "epic game 4" or whatever it was in Boston, and then shat the bed in the biggest games (6 and 7) to lose the series.

Either team can win from this point but the odds are still with the Mavs.

It is amazing how many game sealing FTs George historically misses in the playoffs lol

A certain contingent/demographic of fans ITT is taking this loss hard. And to think some of y'all thought it was blasphemous to compare Peak Harden to current Luka...

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Great game, Kyrie put on his usual show

Luka needs to step up
    He really does.
    But he’s 20-25lbs over his ideal weight, with a nagging knee.
    And Mann is constantly pushing a hand into his stomach, groin, d!ck, ass, hips, etc.
    He’s got all the talent, and size, but he’s a lazy MF that drinks too much alcohol.
    I don’t know if he’ll ever get to his real ceiling unless he changes his lifestyle/habits.

Very good NBA starter

Dallas should feel ok with this game. Fought back, got good contributions, didn't go away. Paul George won't be this good the rest of the games. Without Paul George balling out like crazy, this would have been a comfortable win. Great game by Kyrie, but more to Kyrie, than this game to PG. Should be a Mavs win in the series, but they have to be ready and play with toughness from the get go.

we need a game 7 if they're going to play like this

this was a good outcome for extending the series

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    A certain contingent/demographic of fans ITT is taking this loss hard. And to think some of y'all thought it was blasphemous to compare Peak Harden to current Luka...
    Seeing is believing.

The coping is beginning I see...

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Literally nobody in the thread has said anything that suggests this

If and when Dallas comes up short and loses this series, what then will be Luka's excuse? Will we then admit that he's not "in another league," on "another level" and "a cut above" Harden and Kawhi were?

He's more or less on the same level as those guys were at their best. Which is saying he's an all-time great player. But it might not be enough for some of you.