Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cavs fire Bickerstaff

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs fire Bickerstaff

Why?

Weren't Allen and Mitchell injured

Probably the right move. I've never been impressed by his coaching, and the players don't really seem to click with him.

Granted, the Cavs went about as far as you could expect them to this season, and he seems like a decent rebuilding HC. But there are too many better options than Bickerstaff now that the team is probably ready to take the next step.

So what's next for the Cavs? Hire one of the 7 coaches that get tossed around the league like whores because they believe they have a roster that can compete come playoff time? All they need is an established coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Why?

Weren't Allen and Mitchell injured

Your boy Donovan sent him packin

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    So what's next for the Cavs? Hire one of the 7 coaches that get tossed around the league like whores because they believe they have a roster that can compete come playoff time? All they need is an established coach?
    As currently constructed, realistically, this rosters ceiling is the 2nd round. They're not on the same level as Boston, Milwaukee, Philly, or even a heathy Miami. Best case scenario, they take advantage of a depleted conference like Indy and sneak into the conference finals. So I honestly have no what idea what they expect the new coach to do, I think 50 wins and making the 2nd round is about as good as you're going to get out of this roster.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Lebron strikes again

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I think this is a case where it’s justified to ask “What more should I have done?”. They kinda have to admit he maxed out what he had to work with don’t they? Hes supposed to beat the Celtics? With 3 injured key players?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I think this is a case where it’s justified to ask “What more should I have done?”. They kinda have to admit he maxed out what he had to work with don’t they? Hes supposed to beat the Celtics? With 3 injured key players?
    Aint the question.

They have a star to retain, and they're gonna make whatever move they've got the impression will accommodate him. They dont go in either direction without takin Mitchell's temperature on the matter.

Very similar to the situation in Lakerland. It doesnt matter what the front office thinks about Ham. They do not axe him WITHOUT the blessing of Anthony Davis. If the coach is gone, it's because of AD. Simple and plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Besides the unusual expectations, I know that a lot of posters hate race victimization discussions, but it is worth pointing out that when many of the black coaches get fired, it magically comes out the personality clashes that they had.

We've heard it with Bickerstaff, Griffin, McMillan, Fizdale, Watson, Mike Brown, Jackson, etc, etc.

It's downplayed with coaches like Karl and Carlisle, but raised as a red flag with a certain demographic of coaches, often steamrolling any 2nd chance opportunity they may have gotten. One coach is an authoritarian and he's "hard-nosed" another coach is labelled "problematic".

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    Besides the unusual expectations, I know that a lot of posters hate race victimization discussions, but it is worth pointing out that when many of the black coaches get fired, it magically comes out the personality clashes that they had.

We've heard it with Bickerstaff, Griffin, McMillan, Fizdale, Watson, Mike Brown, Jackson, etc, etc.

It's downplayed with coaches like Karl and Carlisle, but raised as a red flag with a certain demographic of coaches, often steamrolling any 2nd chance opportunity they may have gotten. One coach is an authoritarian and he's "hard-nosed" another coach is labelled "problematic".
    Jesus F. Cringe.

It was reported on ESPN that Vogel was out in Phoenix because KD refused to acknowledge him. Is that "race based?" Mitchell had the say here, and he sent JB packin. Giannis was slamming Griffin in his own press conferences, how are you finding a way to blame that on the media? The Lakers are absolutely bent over to their stars' whims, you think Ham gets fired without AD and the rest of Lebron's teammate saying "MOVE ON"?

And who the hell called any of these coaches "problematic?" Literally everyone on all the networks is saying the players are calling the shots and getting guys fired.

You literally just invented a detailed world of delusional victimhood out of thin air. Spun it completely out of yarn.

You might wanna join bdonovan at the pharmacy and pick up some meds.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Jesus F. Cringe.

It was reported on ESPN that Vogel was out in Phoenix because KD refused to acknowledge him. Is that "race based?" Mitchell had the say here, and he sent JB packin. Giannis was slamming Griffin in his own press conferences, how are you finding a way to blame that on the media? The Lakers are absolutely bent over to their stars' whims, you think Ham gets fired without AD and the rest of Lebron's teammate saying "MOVE ON"?

And who the hell called any of these coaches "problematic?" Literally everyone on all the networks is saying the players are calling the shots and getting guys fired.

You literally just invented a detailed world of delusional victimhood out of thin air. Spun it completely out of yarn.

You might wanna join bdonovan at the pharmacy and pick up some meds.
    I'm not surprised you posted a couple irrelevant comparison. Vogel was not painted as the bad communicator, it was framed that KD was the diva superstar.

I also never mentioned Ham being fired because of player conflicts. Just because I am calling out a persistent generalization doesn't mean it has to apply to EVERY single black coach firing. Jeez!

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Playing devil's advocate...

Durant skirted any coach killer rep while the narrative on Nash and Vogel was they were incompetent with no bass in their voice... i mean nice guys.

Edit: you already replied to fultz. I should read before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Playing devil's advocate...

Durant skirted any coach killer rep while the narrative on Nash and Vogel was they were incompetent with no bass in their voice... i mean nice guys.
    I can agree with this generalization. They said the same thing with Blatt and others. Diva/demanding players get coaches fired unnecessarily all the time.

The Cavs were Bickerstaff's second team as a coach.

Fizdale was a head coach twice.

Nate McMillan has been the head coach of four different teams.

Mike Brown's been a head coach it feels like in ten different places plus the lead assistant in Golden State.

You didnt list him but Doc Rivers has coached just about every team in the league.

Youre literally making things up. Youre inventing narratives, lying about examples, perpetually false equivalencies, implying fictitious circumstances then claiming "I never technically said that" when it's proven theyre bullshit.

It's shameless bro. Youre not being remotely objective. You're seeing the race angle FIRST, then looking for any evidence you can to justify it. And when you dont have enough, youre flat out lying and making things up.

Need a mirror check bro. Go have a long look.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 05-23-2024 at 05:16 PM.