Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    You think an allstar that is averaging 23 on 50% with excellent defense that has averaged 27 efficiently just last season would make no difference for Philly (that's where I stopped reading). You don't think he's a star. The end.
    Yup, that's exactly what i said. Enjoy your memorial day weekend, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    White leads them in WS, BPM & VORP in the POs. He's far more efficient than Tatum. He's shooting 8.4 threes per game and making 43.6% of them. His defense is great. He basically never turns the ball over either.

There's definitely a case to be made. Also, if you're fine with paying Jaylen Brown 60+ Million a year, I think White is worth at least half of that figure, and the Celtics can't afford to match that offer.
    he's been by far the best celtic in playoffs by epm too and was 2nd best during regular season after tatum. Small sample but it's one of the best predictive impact stats out there. 18ppg is not 24ppg but he's more efficient and a better playmaker shooter and defender than the J's.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    oh ik brown is more important than hauser. Just saying not having one role guy couldve cost denver a title this year. However yes I think it was presumptuous for you to assume because boston won 64 games they're set for the next few years. It just hasnt worked that way in history even as talented as boston is. If owner doesnt keep the starting 5 together for more than 2 years(end of porzingis deal) then we can really have a discussion about brown's supermax being worth but we'll see. I doubt it tbf plan seems to keep starting 5 together for jrue's whole contract and bolster bench through draft and vet mins. Possibly trade jrue at the end of his deal for another star
    Uf the Celtics don't win a championship over the next few years big change is coming regardless. They have a chance to win right now with JB. They're going for it. Whatever Hauser gets paid in a few years will be what he gets, if it's in Boston, great, if he has to go elsewhere, best of luck, oh well.

Uf the Celtics don't win a championship over the next few years big change is coming regardless. They have a chance to win right now with JB. They're going for it. Whatever Hauser gets paid in a few years will be what he gets, if it's in Boston, great, if he has to go elsewhere, best of luck, oh well.
    they could win this year and be in contention next few years. Stevens does like making changes but this starting lineup is stacked and seems hard to improve outside trading jrue when he ages

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    You can haggle sometimes that’s the 3rd option but rmwg said it wasn’t on table. Sabonis was all nba these 2 years didn’t get the full max he was eligible for which was only a 30% max too not
    the 35% supermax. Was only a few mil but that could help kings with roster move down the line

Sure. Getting someone to work for you for less than market value is always smart. You just can’t assume the option will be available. Even people who like going to work don’t like to see somebody they consider equal or worse than them having a bunch of extra money.

I often see fans make the argument that once you’re rich, it doesn’t matter if you get a few million more next time but that’s just poor people trying to apply a standard these guys don’t live by. They are a lot like us. You don’t just get rich and stop being greedy. You get rich and you start having ambitions you previously never dreamed of.

Another factor….Jaylen Brown is A vice president of the players union. He is somebody in the room for big business decisions. Union officials always want to push salaries higher. It’s not as bad as the NFL where every top guy gets pressure from the union to set a new benchmark at every opportunity because of the structured nature of nba deals…but a union guy giving a big hometeam discount also wouldn’t send the right message.

Hes supposed to get all his money and establish that letting the benchmarks gets you all your money.

Wrong guy to talk into taking less. He would probably see it as a greater responsibility not to establish that you hit the metrics and standards and still don’t get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Sure. Getting someone to work for you for less than market value is always smart. You just can’t assume the option will be available. Even people who like going to work don’t like to see somebody they consider equal or worse than them having a bunch of extra money.

I often see fans make the argument that once you’re rich, it doesn’t matter if you get a few million more next time but that’s just poor people trying to apply a standard these guys don’t live by. They are a lot like us. You don’t just get rich and stop being greedy. You get rich and you start having ambitions you previously never dreamed of.

Another factor….Jaylen Brown is A vice president of the players union. He is somebody in the room for big business decisions. Union officials always want to push salaries higher. It’s not as bad as the NFL where every top guy gets pressure from the union to set a new benchmark at every opportunity because of the structured nature of nba deals…but a union guy giving a big hometeam discount also wouldn’t send the right message.

Hes supposed to get all his money and establish that letting the benchmarks gets you all your money.

Wrong guy to talk into taking less. He would probably see it as a greater responsibility not to establish that you hit the metrics and standards and still don’t get paid.
    yea fair point about the players union. If haggling wasnt on the table then you take option A.

Question: Do you think that Michael Jordan was a good owner?
    No, I don't think anybody does. Pretty sure he stopped being friends with Chuck because of that reason