Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default I'm watching Luka on that last play and wondering how that move works so well...

And then I realize that it doesn't matter what him or Jokic do - it's their superior mentality that our soft, "participation trophy" American wilt under..

Luka has the "assassin" or "mamba" mentality that our players have lost and now wilt in the face of.

Carry on... And thanks Adam Silver for introducing a hands-off, spaced-out beginner format that produces such weak players... Right before Luka's winner, why couldn't Ant just raise up after driving left and hang for the game-winning jumper like MJ over Ehlo instead of not shooting and turning it over instead?
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-24-2024 at 11:48 PM.

It ain't so fun Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Default Re: I'm watching Luka on that last play and wondering how that move works so well...

I blame aau. All the killers have aged out (Lebron, wade,kobe,curry,) now only the foreigners who didn’t grow up in the aau system are killers now. Alll we have now is role players masquerading as stars (haliburton, ant,Tatum,Zion,ja). They never learned to be killers because they all played together growing up. How can Zion learn to be a killer when he’s playing with Ja and 3 other top 100 players in the nation….????

The foreigners will run the Olympics completely after Lebron and curry walk away. We are doomed unless aau becomes big worldwide which it won’t

Troll who tries to provoke you

Default Re: I'm watching Luka on that last play and wondering how that move works so well...

Today's defense is a joke.

guys like MJ, payton, stockton, kewhi, AI, Artest etc etc used their hands actively when free in open spaces.

none of todays players use it. more times, their hands are dangling on their sides. Even edwards.

Just deflections, disrupting dribble can unnerve shooter.

Luka is looking way too special because of soft, no hand usage defensive era.

trust me, against Brown, holiday this tub of lard on one healthy leg will be exposed.

Oldheads seething

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Luka got that DOG in him, us Europeans are built different

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan View Post
    trust me, against Brown, holiday this tub of lard on one healthy leg will be exposed.
    Here it is , gonna be a bumpable offense

guys like MJ, payton, stockton, kewhi, AI, Artest etc etc used their hands actively when free in open spaces.

none of todays players use it. more times, their hands are dangling on their sides. Even edwards.

Holiday ain't doing shit unless he reaches and actually gets a swipe at the ball during a live dribble. Other than that he's minced meat. Brown would fare much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    anyone outside of the US does. well most people. it's the comfort that the average american has fallen for and it results in complacency. also, low T levels across the board. but when you from a region that has struggled, you learn real quick nothing will be gifted to you for free nor will you be bailed out. there is no safety net for the majority of people outside of america.

but yeah, losers like tatum are too complacent. booker, kd...soft ass mentality. no dawg in them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Europeans and especially eastern Europeans didn't grow up soft like white Americans. The brothers haven't quite realized that. 25 over there is like 40 here.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Gary Payton weighed like 185 lbs.

Luka is an easy 240 and knows how to throw his weight around to an extremely accurate degree. And his hand eye coordination is ridiculously fast. GP would literally get... absolutely bodied.

A lot of you old heads don't understand the skill gap that exists nowadays. Luka is Magic but with a step back 3pt snipe game.

Do you want me to pull the footage of how teams guarded magic?

10 feet off when he's at the 3pt line going under every screen?

Luka and the game in general is an evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Here it is , gonna be a bumpable offense
    what can I say.....seriously.

the other day, I met this gen z kid at the gym, he is lecturing me how much Luka is better than Kobe ever was.

do people even understand what Kobe's strength, athleticism and motor was like.

All I hear from this kid is Luka has 2nd highest playoff PPG. lol. this recency bias is out of control these days.

dont they see luka is a non-athlete, can barely run full court. walks up and down. plays zero defense and still better than Kobe.

Man....this sht is out of control. now I will be see him again next week after this Luka game winner. geez.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

That was terrible defense. So much space between the defender and him. Luka looks slow out there. Lock that bitch up and force a turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Gary Payton weighed like 185 lbs.

Luka is an easy 240 and knows how to throw his weight around to an extremely accurate degree. And his hand eye coordination is ridiculously fast. GP would literally get... absolutely bodied.
    Disagree

Luca aint surviving The Glove's full court press. He just dont have energy to physically deal with full court presses. The Glove will do to Luca exactly what he did to 1996 Jordan. tire him out. Back than defenses know how to tire superstars out. today, defenses dont even deny superstar entry pass as much these days.

Do you want me to pull the footage of how teams guarded magic?
    maybe true. you are on to something here. BUT. dont forget. Magic is taller, bigger, stronger and more athletic than 6'7" Luka with shorter wingspan and plays like 6'3" guy at that height. He has less athleticism than even Bird. that should count for something. Physical tougher defender which are rare (brown) can burn Luca out.

10 feet off when he's at the 3pt line going under every screen?

Luka and the game in general is an evolution.
    maybe. I dont see as much NBA these days.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Holiday ain't doing shit unless he reaches and actually gets a swipe at the ball during a live dribble. Other than that he's minced meat. Brown would fare much better.
    I'm hoping we get to see this. I'll be interesting.