Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: If Kyrie makes the Finals without Lebron, it ruins Lebron's career and goat case

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    When did Chris Bosh make the finals without Lebron?

/thread

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Default Re: If Kyrie makes the Finals without Lebron, it ruins Lebron's career and goat case

What GOAT case?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Luka made it because he was facing ball-dominators like himself such as SGA or Ant... But now he'll face an expert jumpshooter (tatum) and lose, just like I say... How can you not see that this all works out to back up my theories?.. I made a thread earlier about how expert jumpshooters or fundamental bigs win most of the chips, and I included Tatum in there as the 2024 champ
    Nah you just attribute your theories to everything that happens. It’s an easy thing to do.

Like anyone else, you’ll be right about half the time. When you are, it’s “see my theory checks out!” When you’re wrong it’s goalpost moving time. Like a coward

Jokic Stan

Is OP really 3ball? Every single post/thread 3ball has made in the last few months is wrong. Like literally every thread and post. Usually he gets 1 out of every 20 threads correct, but he's missing on everything recently.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Nah you just attribute your theories to everything that happens. It’s an easy thing to do.

Like anyone else, you’ll be right about half the time. When you are, it’s “see my theory checks out!” When you’re wrong it’s goalpost moving time. Like a coward

I was being nice by calling them "theories"

It's literally the historical record that ball-dominators like Lebron mostly lose, regardless of cast

luka will be the same way - he'll get destroyed in the Finals by an expert jumpshooter or fundamental big just like Lebron was destroyed by Dirk, Duncan, and Curry.

I was being nice by calling them "theories"

It's literally the historical record that ball-dominators like Lebron mostly lose, regardless of cast

luka will be the same way - he'll get destroyed in the Finals by an expert jumpshooter or fundamental big just like Lebron was destroyed by Dirk, Duncan, and Curry.
    You know Luka is more of an expert jump shooter than Tatum, right? He's a career 45.6% shooter from 10-16 and 40.6% shooter on long 2s and has developed into a good volume 3PT shooter as well, and he actually shoots mid-range shots at a decent volume, unlike most superstars.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    You know Luka is more of an expert jump shooter than Tatum, right? He's a career 45.6% shooter from 10-16 and 40.6% shooter on long 2s and has developed into a good volume 3PT shooter as well, and he actually shoots mid-range shots at a decent volume, unlike most superstars.

Can he live off a double pin down?

I rest my case

Luka is a ball-dominator, which isn't an expert jumpshooter..

Tatum routinely catches the ball at the elbow and squares up against his man from the triple-threat - then he just pops a jumper without even dribbling - that's expert jumpshooting..

Ball-dominant jumpshooting isn't expert jumpshooting and yields weaker chemistry - we'll see it first hand in this year's Finals.. I'll be watching this year

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Can he live off a double pin down?

I rest my case

Luka is a ball-dominator, which isn't an expert jumpshooter..

Tatum routinely catches the ball at the elbow and squares up against his man from the triple-threat - then he just pops a jumper without even dribbling - that's expert jumpshooting..

Ball-dominant jumpshooting isn't expert jumpshooting and yields weaker chemistry - we'll see it first hand in this year's Finals.. I'll be watching this year
    Celtics will win, but only because they have more talent.

Just how "ball-dominant" Magic went 2-1 against "expert jump shooter" Bird in the Finals. Magic usually had a bit more talent around him.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    When did Chris Bosh make the finals without Lebron?

Bosh wasn't his sidekick... Wade and Kyrie were the sidekicks and they made the Finals without Lebron,

so for Lebron to win as the 1st option, he needs a sidekick that made the Finals without him and he also needs 2 perennial all-stars as teammates.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Celtics will win, but only because they have more talent.

Just how "ball-dominant" Magic went 2-1 against "expert jump shooter" Bird in the Finals. Magic usually had a bit more talent around him.

Luka's ball-domination produced a bunch of upheavals with Porzingas, Brunson and now Kyrie, while Tatum's expert jumpshooting produced great chemistry and stable chemistry that didn't require upheavals..

So do the Celtics really have more talent, or did they just develop great chemistry over time and have stable chemistry due to Tatum's expert jumpshooting skillset?

I think it's the latter - Tatum's skillset allows long-standing chemistry just like Curry, MJ, Kobe, Bird, Dirk and other expert jumpshooters before him.. Otoh, the ball-dominators like Lebron and Luka need upheavals every few years because their skillset lacks great chemistry.

The funny thing is, LeBron's best overall sidekick while they were winning chips was AD and he never even made it past the 2nd round without him.

So do the Celtics really have more talent, or did they just develop great chemistry over time and have stable chemistry due to Tatum's expert jumpshooting skillset?
    They have more talent. That is obvious to everyone who knows ball.

7-time NBA All-Star

The funny thing is, LeBron's best overall sidekick while they were winning chips was AD and he never even made it past the 2nd round without him.

Wade was the best sidekick that dominated the 2011 Playoffs and Finals, but Lebron simply couldn't fit with Wade due to Lebron's reliance on ball-dominance and lack of expert jumpshooting skill.

Btw, AD won a game off the 2018 Warriors with zero help, while Lebron was blown away by record amount - this shows that AD was a better 2-way player than Lebron for a while now.. lebron hasn't been all-defense since 2014.

7-time NBA All-Star

They have more talent. That is obvious to everyone who knows ball.

I disagree... Kyrie and Brown are comparable - Kyrie has the far better resume and accomplishments.

After that, Luka has a bunch of really great role players and so do the Celtics...

I think it's extremely even but Tatum will win due to superior chemistry that results from his skillset, while the Mavs are saddled with a brand of ball that has proven to underachieve in the long run (bron/luka-ball), especially on the Finals level

Wade was the best sidekick that dominated the 2011 Playoffs and Finals, but Lebron simply couldn't fit with Wade due to Lebron's reliance on ball-dominance and lack of expert jumpshooting skill.

Btw, AD won a game off the 2018 Warriors with zero help, while Lebron was blown away by record amount - this shows that AD was a better 2-way player than Lebron for a while now.. lebron hasn't been all-defense since 2014.
    Wade was not the best sidekick while they were winning chips, he was actually the worst if you just include their 2013 run. He wasn't even top 10 in 2012, probably has a discussion for it. AD was his best sidekick in 2020.