Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I'm not going to say a guy is better than Jordan who has done nothing to show it. That's stupid. The end.
    Nothing is going too far lol. Skill-wise he's shown plenty, enough that you could make an argument for him being the most skilled offensive player ever when you look at his overall scoring + passing ability. He's the only player in NBA history to put up 33+ ppg 9+ reb 9+ ast for a season.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Nothing is going too far lol. Skill-wise he's shown plenty, enough that you could make an argument for him being the most skilled offensive player ever when you look at his overall scoring + passing ability. He's the only player in NBA history to put up 33+ ppg 9+ reb 9+ ast for a season.
    These are not playoff statistics. In the playoffs he's averaging 28 points and 9 assists. I don't even get why OP made this stupid thread or why you want to go along with this idiocy but calling a guy that has set no records and won no championship the greatest playoff performer ever is stupid.

Hotel Embiid averaged 35. 6 and 11 this season. Does that make him the greatest playoffs player ever too?

7-time NBA All-Star

Jordan averaged 36/7/8 for the 91-93' Finals and 34/7/7 for the 91-93' Playoffs, and 35/7/7 for the 85-93' Playoffs.

41/9/6 in the 93' Finals with only a 90 pace and facing a top 10 defensive team.

All this with great shooting efficiency (including threes) and great efficiency per possession (low turnovers)

Oh, and all this while WINNING at a goat level.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Jordan averaged 36/7/8 for the 91-93' Finals and 34/7/7 for the 91-93' Playoffs, and 35/7/7 for the 85-93' Playoffs.

41/9/6 in the 93' Finals with only a 90 pace and facing a top 10 defensive team.

All this with great shooting efficiency (including threes) and great efficiency per possession (low turnovers)

Oh, and all this while WINNING at a goat level.
    On 33fga per game. Not hard to lead your team in scoring when you're taking 90% of the FGA while your sidekick leads in rebounds, assists, blocks and steals.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Why are you comparing raw PPG without adjusting for the scoring environment lmfao. He’s literally basically the exact same player as prime James Harden. Is James Harden the offensive GOAT?
    gj solidifying jordan’s case as goat

dumb ass baby raper looking mother ****er

Definitely not. He's been hurt to start this post season and as a result he's looked kinda OK compared to his usual post season self. Even though his 2024 regular season was much better than his past regular seasons. It's better to make this position specific and ask if he's been offensively better than Magic or Steph.

These are not playoff statistics. In the playoffs he's averaging 28 points and 9 assists. I don't even get why OP made this stupid thread or why you want to go along with this idiocy but calling a guy that has set no records and won no championship the greatest playoff performer ever is stupid.
    He averages 31/9/8 for his Playoff career and we're at a sample size of 42 games at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He averages 31/9/8 for his Playoff career and we're at a sample size of 42 games at this point.
    Jordan has multiple playoffs over 34ppg and 6 Finals MVP awards. I don't know why you people are buying into this crap but it's not the first time you've posted foolishness. Whatever.

The Fat Guy is definitely a talent. Best offensive player ever? I don't know. It's hard to go past MJ! He could do everything Luka can - and more!

Jordan has multiple playoffs over 34ppg and 6 Finals MVP awards. I don't know why you people are buying into this crap but it's not the first time you've posted foolishness. Whatever.
    It has nothing to do with being the greatest or the most accomplished player. OP did not say that. He just said Doncic might be the best offensive player he's ever seen in the POs. It's understandable why someone could have that opinion when you look at Luka's consistency in the POs and how skilled he is offensively.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

you made a straw man argument while only recognizing points per game

this level of low iq is downright impressive. damn, you are one stupid mother ****er

Very good NBA starter

Not yet, but he has the potential to be, yes even beat out MJ.

MJ was phenomenal sure, but do I say he is better in every way offensively than Bird? No, of course not. Bird could shoot 3s, could pass at a GOAT level.

Luka is only 25 and if people think he'll be resting on his ring (if he gets one), then they must have missed he was a Finals MVP in Euroleague too and still kept on working his game.

Every off season Luka has improved, first the atrocious defending from his rookie season, then he added a post game, then he added the midrange game, then he fixed his freethrow shooting, then he became a 40% shooter from deep, then he became a good defender.

What's next for Luka? Conditioning? A hook shot? Catch and shoot?

The point is, Luka is already the best player in the league, but he will keep getting better. If he becomes an elite catch and shoot guy, then even 3ball will have to concede.
    Last edited by 90sgoat; 05-26-2024 at 03:47 PM.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Next for Luka is losing body fat and improving his conditioning in general, so he can not take so many defensive possessions off, without negatively effecting his offensive production.

As far as offense itself, what’s next I think for Luka is a willingness to immediately and decisively post-up early and often. If the guy guarding him weighs less than 220, Luka should immediately decide to punish them in the post, fu@k a long setup iso, or a PNP/PNR.

Dude highest efficiency by far against Dort came in post-ups. If he can move Dort easily and get quality looks inside 10ft, imagine what he does to every other guard with less strength than Dort ….. it collapses the defense, opens up so much more variety of cutting angles and open 3 spots, on top of all the existing exploitables his PNR play already creates. Passes from deep post position will give Dallas some nuggets cutting angles.

I think a pivot/fake heavy post up scoring game, that is full of COUNTERS, counters in both scoring and PASSING, is the real next move for him, strategically.

Imagine Luka:

backing down into deep position, pivots and pivots again for a very high % turnaround fadeaway from 8-9ft, which draws in extra sagging defenders who can’t help but ball watch, and he now has at least 2 viable passing options around the arc, in addition to his own short, high % fadeaway.

Now imagine that exact same scenario, where his defender bites on the pump fake of the turnaround, and Luka uses his long heavy pivot AGAIN to swing under and threaten to go up for an even easier layup, which draws the guy defending Livley or Gafford to shift his weight toward Luka….

…. And this is what I envision he will become a master at in the next few years:

CREATING LOBS FROM THE POST

especially after his shooters have hit a few and their defenders are stuck to them like glue.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Another thing I expect to become even more polished and frequent over the next few years, with even greater chemistry and tighter, more decisive timing for an additional 1/4 step advantage :

When Luka’s step back is defended well, and he gives it up quick and cuts immediately, he has created some no dribble give and go scoring threats in the paint, THAT BECOME LOBS. It’s one of the more beautiful 3-pass quick hitting no dribble combos in the game. So fluid and gorgeous.