Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Has anyone fasted for over 24 hours?

just fasted for 48 hours - piece of cake ...

will be doing this every weekend for the next 6 weeks to see the results.

2nd weekend went off without a hitch, actually feel like I could do 72 hours , but I won't.

4-5 more weekends to see the result.

How much water do you drink while fasting, Jasper?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    How much water do you drink while fasting, Jasper?
    6-8 cups of fluid.
    coffee,water,juice and tea

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    What does a sprinting routine look like for you?
    I warm up with some jogging, a bit of stretching and jumps to loosen up. On the actual sprint I start running a bit before at regular pace and then go into the sprint which is usually no longer than 110 yards. Key is to mix it up, because that's probably how it was million of years ago - some days you had to sprint a bit longer and some days you have to sprint a bit shorter.
    7 seconds is a good sweetspot number, higher some days, lower on others. Most days I'll do around 5-7 sprints with breaks, some days I'll do just a few sprints, others I might do 5 almost in a row. Just mix it up how you feel like, but mostly focus on distances up to those 110 yards as it burns visceral fat(the fat around your organs) and help to build physique(100 meter sprinters are the most ripped runners). Usually I do 3x sessions per week and good time saving advice if you want to do zone 2 as well, is to just do that first and then do the sprinting at the end.

This doctor has interesting comparisons as well, like humans being one of very few in the animal kingdom who can't go from 0-100% effort without needing warmups, and it's because we don't eat diets that are natural for our body. E.g lions and tigers who slowly sneek up on their pray and then go into a full sprint to hunt, they don't need to warm up for this. I hope to get at this point but I'm not there yet.

Another thing I need to get into is using minimalist flat shoes for running instead of regular ones where the heel is higher and there's a drop, it'll make your feet stronger and force you to change your sprinting technique a bit, which lessens the chance of injury as you don't end up pulling yourself ahead using the front leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I did 36 hours the other day and it went well. I have a friend back in Florida that wants to help me do a 48 hour fast together cause I don’t think I have the fortitude to do it on my own. Two to three day fasts are probably all I need. Anything more than that sounds silly.

And I will remind you fellas, I’m solely doing this cause I have severe health anxiety. So I’m not even doing this to lose weight. I’m doing this cause I think I’m sick and fasting will help will rejuvenate my body and create new stem cells.
    Work yourself up to 72 hours, good stuff happens on the 3rd day which doesn't take place in the first 48 hours.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...30d9765f9fdc4f

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    I'm going to try and do 5 days starting this week, probably 36 hours the next week and then a permanent 3 day fast weekly for at least 3 months. I'll give you some tips:

Don't do 24 hours like others have suggested, you mind as well do 36 because you'll feel less hungry when waking up after that one day without eating. Also, your metabolism will increase up to 36 hours and then stagnate, so for weight loss and to get going with fasting this is a good start. It's not that hard either, just don't fking eat for a day and then wait until lunch.
    Eat two table spoons of salt per day, rock or Himalayan salt, large crystals. Just toss it in and flush down with water like they're small pills, it's the easiest.
    Don't sip water all day, but drink a good amount when you're thirsty.

For general health:
    Fast 3 days per week.
    Get into cold water, fairly close to freezing, 1.5 to 3 minutes per day.
    Sauna 3 times per week if you can set it up.
    Start doing sprints, work up to 3-5 sprints 3-5 days per week. Average sprint should be about 7 seconds, some longer and some shorter - probably never sprint for more than 20-30 seconds.
    Zone 2 training if you feel like it, jogging, incline walk or stationary biking, work up to 1hr sessions.
    Do some strength training, depending on how big you want to be.
    Eat lots of organic meats and a little bit of fermented foods. Kimchi, sauerkraut, cranberries, carrot with ginger, beets, aged cheese from non pasteurized milk, stuff like that. Don't eat non-fermented vegetables, you need to get rid of the carbohydrates and defense chemicals before putting it through your body.
    i am interested in your age, height and weight

10 am this morning , I finished a 60 hour fast !!!!!!!!!

It was fantastic..

I could really feel the benefits , but will never go past that time.

I felt I was losing some form of well being , hard to describe but next weekend will be back to 48 -60 hours depending on how I feel. (That was the longest fast I have ever done in my life !!!!!!!!!!!)

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Fasting again today and tomorrow. Ate dinner around 5:45 and I’ll eat again 24 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Fasting again today and tomorrow. Ate dinner around 5:45 and I’ll eat again 24 hours later.
    The one meal: