Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: LeBron James and Kobe Bryant Named NBA players of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit
    Kobe's numbers are below LeBrons season average
    That's because LeBron has to do more for his team. According to some Cavalier fans, LeBron has no help.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    That's because LeBron has to do more for his team. According to some Cavalier fans, LeBron has no help.
    LeBron has less help not no help. Mo is a very good sidekick, IMO he is not a legit number two option, but whatever that is a different discussion.

Kobes numbers are fine. If he averaged that for his career then people would be all over his jock strap more then they already are. Yes they are not as good as James career numbers, but not a lot of peoples are.

Not airballing my layups anymore DoGGa's Avatar

So if you were the coach, you'd still give Lebron the ball in the last 2 minutes of the game instead of kobe ? Hell, even Lebron would give the ball to kobe 8 out of the 10 situations.

Sorry, I'd give it to the best closer in the game today, just happens to be Kobe Bryant.

Not taking anything away from Lebrons greatness tho, I love watching that guy each and every time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DoGGa
    So if you were the coach, you'd still give Lebron the ball in the last 2 minutes of the game instead of kobe ? Hell, even Lebron would give the ball to kobe 8 out of the 10 situations.

Sorry, I'd give it to the best closer in the game today, just happens to be Kobe Bryant.

Not taking anything away from Lebrons greatness tho, I love watching that guy each and every time.
    LeBron James: 17-50 (34.0%), with 6 assists and 4 turnovers.
    Kobe Bryant: 14-56 (25.0%), with 1 assist and 5 turnovers.
    Dwyane Wade: 11-40 (27.5%), with 3 assists and 2 turnovers.

Not only does LeBron have more game winning shots over these six seasons than Wade and Kobe, his 17th are the most in the league. Furthermore, his 34.0% shooting in these situations is higher than that of both Bryant and Wade (who both fall below the league average of 29.8% in game-winning shot situations). James also has more assists in such situations, and fewer turnovers than Kobe. Lastly, since April 13th, 2006, LeBron is an astonishing 13-30 (41.9%) in game winning situations.

http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Damn right I give Lebron the ball, not because I ALWAYS expect him to directly put it in the hole, but he understands perfectly how to get the ball in the hole, make sense? LeBron will seek every way to score, and he will almost always pick the highest % option; he may not jack up the shot himself, but he will find an open man or a really good look if he cannot take the shot. That's where trusting your teammates plays a large role, and if you want any team to be successful you have to give them chances to taste the glory of making an impact. People think LeBron is so great because of his own play; he's actually great because of what he can do with and for the people around him

Not airballing my layups anymore DoGGa's Avatar

^^ yes that does make sense.

But leave that as it is...Right now Im talking about closing the game ..Winning..Taking that shot yourself.

For example: Every Time I watch Lebron take a free throw in the final 2 minutes, I seriously hold my breath..Nobody can't deny Lebron being a Monster..I mean...When that L-train is comming at ya, you better get out of the way cause its hardly impossible to stop him..True that.

I just dont have as much faith in His jumper as I have in kobe's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    LeBron James: 17-50 (34.0%), with 6 assists and 4 turnovers.
    Kobe Bryant: 14-56 (25.0%), with 1 assist and 5 turnovers.
    Dwyane Wade: 11-40 (27.5%), with 3 assists and 2 turnovers.

Not only does LeBron have more game winning shots over these six seasons than Wade and Kobe, his 17th are the most in the league. Furthermore, his 34.0% shooting in these situations is higher than that of both Bryant and Wade (who both fall below the league average of 29.8% in game-winning shot situations). James also has more assists in such situations, and fewer turnovers than Kobe. Lastly, since April 13th, 2006, LeBron is an astonishing 13-30 (41.9%) in game winning situations.

http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm
    I have less faith in Kobe than I have in almost any regular Joe in the league. He shoots 4.8% less than the league average.

^^ yes that does make sense.

But leave that as it is...Right now Im talking about closing the game ..Winning..Taking that shot yourself.

For example: Every Time I watch Lebron take a free throw in the final 2 minutes, I seriously hold my breath..Nobody can't deny Lebron being a Monster..I mean...When that L-train is comming at ya, you better get out of the way cause its hardly impossible to stop him..True that.

I just dont have as much faith in His jumper as I have in kobe's.
    yeah me neither, and I cringe when he's at the free throw line in the final minutes/seconds of the game. But for the most part I have not been disappointed. Lebrons only let the cavs down from the stripe at the end when they are down > 4. But in games where the deficit is < 2 or their lead is < 2, lebron has usually hit them.

Kobe for sure is the better shooter even when you combine the 3 (midrange/3/paint), but I don't think his % is > Lebrons in relevance to Lebrons % > Kobes in terms of ability to make the right play to get the best look possible to score. It's preference really, and a mental choice of whether you like lebron or kobe more for a team.

For example: Every Time I watch Lebron take a free throw in the final 2 minutes, I seriously hold my breath...
    Me too. But he does make them when it counts. When the game gets close, he magically becomes a good FT shooter. And a good 3 point shooter too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Me too. But he does make them when it counts. When the game gets close, he magically becomes a good FT shooter. And a good 3 point shooter too.
    Yes, it's magical! I think it's that pixie dust he throws up at the beginning of games!

Saw a basketball once

What's funny about these two guys is that they've sort of taken bits and pieces from each other and it's made them better players. Kobe has always been bashed for not making his teammates better, but he's really improved in that area the last couple of seasons. When LeBron first came into the league, he didn't have the same type of killer instinct he has now.

I don't see why people can't like both of them. People should just appreciate these guys before they retire.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laker-Junky
    I don't see why people can't like both of them.

That said, maturity doesn't often go over well in here.