Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    lillil wayne
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Mark Jackson: "The NBA needs to change the logo to Michael Jordan"

I stopped when it started to look like everyone else

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    The logo needs to be left alone, it's a classic. If it must be changed though, here's what it should look like:

Shaq logo is nice, but too bad it can't be used:

Quote Originally Posted by lillil wayne
    I stopped when it started to look like everyone else
    You got to find a better silhouette.

National High School Star STelfair31's Avatar

what would it look like if they changed it? the classic jumpman?

Quote Originally Posted by STelfair31
    what would it look like if they changed it? the classic jumpman?
    No, no that's the Nike logo. They wouldn't make that the NBA one.

And of course the NBA logo should be Jordan though I won't be that upset if they never make it that.

I mean, he's the player widely regarded as GOAT but beyond that, he was by far the most popular player of all time and single handedly brought millions of additional fans to it.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    No, no that's the Nike logo. They wouldn't make that the NBA one.

And of course the NBA logo should be Jordan though I won't be that upset if they never make it that.

I mean, he's the player widely regarded as GOAT but beyond that, he was by far the most popular player of all time and single handedly brought millions of additional fans to it.
    Should the NHL logo be Gretzky then? Jordan is plenty famous and recognized, the League doesn't need to stamp his face on the logo to validate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Should the NHL logo be Gretzky then? Jordan is plenty famous and recognized, the League doesn't need to stamp his face on the logo to validate that.
    I said I wouldn't be upset if they didn't do it, but sure Gretzky should be the logo of the NHL too. Why not? Why not have the most recognizable player, who did the most for the promotion of the game, and is arguably the greatest of all time as the logo? Doesnt seem that outrageous to me.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

it is jordan already isn't it?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Just pretend the current one is Jordan. The whole point of the silhouette logo is that you can't tell who it is anyway. It's supposed to invoke an anonymous, faceless baller. It's supposed to be "fill in the blank." Most people don't know who it is, and that's as intended.

Can someone point out specifically what is wrong with the current logo that would require a change?

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

they should just retire #23

Banned

most people around the world don't even know who Jerry West is, they
    just know that the logo represents the NBA , most people just assume its only a logo and not a silhouette of a real player

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Imagine the Jordan logo as the new NBA logo, I think that would be a great P.R. move for the NBA. Keep the Jerry West logo somewhere in their marketing but use the Jordan logo more predominantly.
    Of course you think it's a great idea, you're halfway up Jordan's ass anyway.

It's stupid to change a logo that's internationally known right now. MJ's logo is associated with Nike anyways. Only a retard, or someone like you deeply entrenched in Jordan's colon would think this was a good idea.

****ing retard.