Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default This is how I see the Cavs front office after watching Bennet

Honestly, Bennett might be one of the worst nr1 picks of all time. Yet another year the Cavaliers surprise us with a hipster draft pick.

This is how I play this in my mind. I don't mean to offend the Cavaliers fans, I just feel the need to insult that moronic front office.

SO this is what happened.

In 2011 there were talks about Derrick Williams going nr1. The front office was like " *** that man, everyone wants Williams, we gonna draft Irving at nr1". Surprize mfers!!

It turns out that Irving was indeed the best pick of the draft. Then they got cocky and thought they are the best in the world at scouting talent. The hipster front office has decided to select Dion Waiters with the nr4 pick instead of Drummond, Barnes or Lillard.

Just when you think the idiotic hipster front office of the Cavaliers cant get any dumber, they decide to make the most hipster pick of all time and they choose Bennet at the nr 1 pick of the 2013 draft

I know last year was not a good draft, but , in all honesty, nobody would have picked Bennett at nr5 last year, yet the moronic hipster front office of the Cleveland Cavaliers takes him at number 1.

Will they learn?

Banned

Default Re: This is how I see the Cavs front office after watching Bennet

Banned

why are you abbreviating number to nr? Also Irving wasn't a stretch for the number one pick, some mocks had him at number one and some sites had him as the consensus number one while some others had williams. This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

You're an idiot.

Mike Brown has never played a rookie besides LBJ more than 12 MPG.

Rookies aren't meant to flourish in a MB system, Bennett has shown great promise but his impact won't come immediately. CLE figured they had a great core and they could afford a few years for Bennett to fully develop. In a few years Bennett will be the starting PF for the East All Stars, his true peak will be around 24/8/4 with elite shooting #'s.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88

That doggy is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    You're an idiot.

Rookies aren't meant to flourish in a MB system, Bennett has shown great promise but his impact won't come immediately. CLE figured they had a great core and they could afford a few years for Bennett to fully develop. In a few years Bennett will be the starting PF for the East All Stars, his true peak will be around 24/8/4 with elite shooting #'s.
    Bennett is a number 1 pick who shoots 23% and shoots 40% from the FT line.

He is also somewhere ranked around 330 in PER in the league. How many NBA players are there again?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    You're an idiot.

I agree that he will improve and not be a total bust, but I don't think he will be a starting all star and while not being a massive bust I do think people will look on the pick in the future and wonder why cleveland took him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    future and wonder why cleveland took him.
    People said that the moment of the pick.

the only mistake they did was hiring mike brown, and not picking up drummond or noel

the irving pick was the obvious pick at the time, and it turned out great. thompson was a solid pick, maybe valanciunas ends up better, but he didnt wanna play in cleveland, so that could have gotten messy.

obviously, drummond is a much better prospect than waiters at this point, but he slipped to what, 9 or 10? so its not like the cavs are idiots for missing an obvious stud, 5 other teams missed on him too. id say waiters is a bit below what you would want from a number 4 pick, but hes far from a bust.

i didnt like the bennett pick, just because we already have tristan at the 4. id have preferred noel, but its clear that dan gilbert wants impact players (i guess they thought bennett would be an impact scorer, which he evidently is not) and with the benefit of hindsight, oladipo would have been a good pick too.

bennett is a talented player, and he'll be fine. its very early, he didnt get any chance to practice in the off season, came in out of shape, and is being asked to play defense for probably the first time in his life.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    People said that the moment of the pick.
    Didn't word that well, I mean that I don't think he will be a terrible bust like he looks right now but I don't think he will be great and there will be far better players taken behind him.

Send Bennett down to the D-League to get minutes, conditioning and confidence, and to get him out of that locker room.

Right now, that guy is in a bad place mentally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Send Bennett down to the D-League to get minutes, conditioning and confidence, and to get him out of that locker room.

Right now, that guy is in a bad place mentally.
    I agree with this, he would benefit from some time in the D-league to boost his confidence and find his rhythm again

Banned

I always said going to the D-League after being the number 1 pick was the greatest motivator and catalyst for confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    the only mistake they did was hiring mike brown, and not picking up drummond or noel
    I agree. I'm not even sure why he even brought up Barnes, because Waiters has turned out better than Barnes has. And Lillard? Why in the f*ck would would be pick Lillard when we have Irving. It's the same thing like us picking Bennett when we already have front court pieces. It made no sense. Their picks should've been Noel or Porter Jr. Bennett has no