Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Remember when Sports was an outlet? An escape?

Sports has now become politicized as has everything else. And it's hard for that to change when you have the Sports Media world championing this and encouraging athletes to speak out and voice their opinion, even if they have very little knowledge of what they are talking about.

Charles Barkley's Not Your Role Model commercial resonates now more than ever. It's likely most of you weren't around during that time, but it holds true without a doubt.

Default Re: Remember when Sports was an outlet? An escape?

Yep, and whilst not the death blow, this is one of the final nails in the coffin to me caring about the NBA, which is the only sport I truly follow.

I can't watch ESPN or an NBA game without some political shit I don't care about coming up. It's exhausting. It didn't used to be this way.

ESPN, specifically SportsCenter, was so badass when I was little. ESPN is now dog shit and so is SportsCenter.

I yearn for the peak 90s days of Stuart Scott.

Dunking on everybody in the park

ESPN was already heading that direction and Disney buying them was the nail in the coffin.

Freemason Disney likes to divide people. It's their goal in life. CIA helped them by up all the land for Disney World on the cheap. And Disney scripts all went through the Pentagon so they could remove things they didn't like and add their own propaganda.

Club 33.... 33rd degree of Freemasonry

Masonic Lodge

Demolay is Freemason for boys

Quote Originally Posted by msbutthurt View Post
    ESPN was already heading that direction and Disney buying them was the nail in the coffin.

Freemason Disney likes to divide people. It's their goal in life. CIA helped them by up all the land for Disney World on the cheap. And Disney scripts all went through the Pentagon so they could remove things they didn't like and add their own propaganda.

Club 33.... 33rd degree of Freemasonry

Masonic Lodge

Demolay is Freemason for boys
    Doomsday Dallas, get back on your reg account, you ain't fooling anyone.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post

Because I know about Freemasons, you think I'm somebody else?

Lots of people know about the Luciferian new world order.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

I can't watch ESPN or an NBA game without some political shit I don't care about coming up. It's exhausting. It didn't used to be this way.
    I hear you. I will still follow basketball, always will but for me Im just not gonna invest as much money & effort.

As recently as two years ago I had season tickets.
    I always had league pass. Now I will just catch the nationally televised games on TV and just keep up with the game on ISH and twitter for free.

Its not even that Im opposed to the movement its that it is like you say exhausting, its become more political than fun so the purpose of going to a game has been defeated because the joy has been sucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip View Post
    I hear you. I will still follow basketball, always will but for me Im just not gonna invest as much money & effort.

As recently as two years ago I had season tickets.
    I always had league pass. Now I will just catch the nationally televised games on TV and just keep up with the game on ISH and twitter for free.

Its not even that Im opposed to the movement its that it is like you say exhausting, its become more political than fun so the purpose of going to a game has been defeated because the joy has been sucked out.

This is exactly it. It doesn't matter if I agree with the message or disagree with the message. We are bombarded with opinion and political commentary elsewhere in life, we don't need it in our sports also.

It's supposed to be an escape. An outlet. Joyous. Fun.

They are slowly killing that off.

You can still enjoy the sport itself and tune out on whatever you have an issue with. I swear half the people who post here are verging on a heart attack daily. It's not worth being angry 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    I swear half the people who post here are verging on a heart attack daily. It's not worth being angry 24/7.
    It's very likely that you are describing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    yea, that definitely ain't me.

figured it was someone like Nick Young.

It's not that they're forcing these athletes to voice their opinion, it's that they're forcing them to voice a script.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    You can still enjoy the sport itself and tune out on whatever you have an issue with.
    You really can't though. You are bombarded with political propaganda 24/7 nowadays, you actually have to work really hard to avoid it.

You have to not watch the news, not buy a newspaper, not listen to NPR, not be on social media.... Now you cant even watch sports hence the OP.

You basically have two choices nowadays: be uninformed or be subjected to a barrage of soul destroying, divisive, toxic and negative news that will just piss you off.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip View Post
    You really can't though. You are bombarded with political propaganda 24/7 nowadays, you actually have to work really hard to avoid it.

You have to not watch the news, not buy a newspaper, not listen to NPR, not be on social media.... Now you cant even watch sports hence the OP.

You basically have two choices nowadays: be uninformed or be subjected to a barrage of soul destroying, divisive, toxic and negative news that will just piss you off.
    That is why i hate politics so much

College superstar

The political stuff is annoying but so are the fcking commercials. Everyone trying to sell you some bullshit political or not.

Once the games start, I tune it all out. Right now my only escape is balling myself.