Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

Default Re: (4) Clippers vs. (5) Mavericks First Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    If and when Dallas comes up short and loses this series, what then will be Luka's excuse? Will we then admit that he's not "in another league," on "another level" and "a cut above" Harden and Kawhi were?

He's more or less on the same level as those guys were at their best. Which is saying he's an all-time great player. But it might not be enough for some of you.
    So your assertion is that Luka and Harden have been comparable playoff performers? (Excluding lopsided first round series Harden played since Luka hasnt had any of those)

I mean the evidence doesnt really suggest that when you look at the whole picture. But I guess if you feel like like makes for a good "1-game gotcha" then sure. Harden has been just as good as Luka in the playoffs because of tonight. Tonight proves it.

Very good NBA starter

If and when Dallas comes up short and loses this series, what then will be Luka's excuse? Will we then admit that he's not "in another league," on "another level" and "a cut above" Harden and Kawhi were?

He's more or less on the same level as those guys were at their best. Which is saying he's an all-time great player. But it might not be enough for some of you.
    He needs to win this series for sure or he will suffer some serious criticism where public criticism of his character will begin.

I don't think it changes the analysis which is as it always was, he is immature and lazy, but incredibly skilled, and until he changes that he won't be the best.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Kawhit at his best was short lived but better than Harden.

Harden is wildly inconsistent in the playoffs. Luka has shot poorly thus far this year but has already peaked as a better playoff performer than Harden in the playoffs as a 1st option

The debate doesn't actually exist to those who know basketball

A certain contingent/demographic of fans ITT is taking this loss hard. And to think some of y'all thought it was blasphemous to compare Peak Harden to current Luka...
    Yup.

Proctor has officially been placed on suicide watch.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Dallas still the favorite, given what we’ve seen.
    Especially if Kawhi tries to play again.
    To your question, the excuse will for sure be Luka’s knee.
    Dallas probably praying it ain’t actually bad.
    But given that he is deferring heavily to Kyrie, it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Agreed.

Harden always has a big game when Kawhi is out and did the same when Embiid was out. But it was almost always one game.

He could continue having a good series but if I'm Dallas, I'm not too worried tbh.
    did the big games come after two days off when he lit it up for Philly ?
    At his age and shape, seems like with one day rest he may not have it all back.
    But two days rest may be the simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Yup.

Proctor has officially been placed on suicide watch.

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

Luka 13/49 from 3 this series. 39% from the floor. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    did the big games come after two days off when he lit it up for Philly ?
    At his age and shape, seems like with one day rest he may not have it all back.
    But two days rest may be the simple answer.
    Just seems to me like he has a big game and then hits the strip club after and comes to the next game stupid and lazy.

Game 1 last year: 45 points without Embiid
    Game 2: 2-14 FG for 12 points

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    Peak Harden-esque. Similar games with many of the same flaws. Heavily reliant on a shot with a high degree of variance. When you're hot from deep you're hot from deep. But when you're not...

Playoff sample sizes are always incredibly small and we tend to overreact with questionable narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    What he’s constantly complaining to officials about, is that Mann constantly is pushing hands into his stomach/groin/@ss, as well as saying Mann is subtly making gentle hints of contact to his wrist junction on release. I’ve seen Luka make the same specific motion (not the typical, he hacked my forearm motion) but specifically a smaller, subtler motion, higher than forearm, on wrist.

Anyone who is a high level shooter will tell you, even a hint of fingertip brushing/poking our wrists can completely change depth accuracy, to the point of not being able to make a single shot, given that extra variable of resistance is there. Just a fingertip subtle push can take someone from 40% from 3, to 15%. A lot who aren’t d-1/etc level shooters simply don’t know how much a tiny little fingertip brush/touch can drop FG% tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Kawhit at his best was short lived but better than Harden.

Harden is wildly inconsistent in the playoffs. Luka has shot poorly thus far this year but has already peaked as a better playoff performer than Harden in the playoffs as a 1st option

The debate doesn't actually exist to those who know basketball

Bingo

ISB on suicide watch reading this

This wasn't supposed to happen. He's supposed to be winning this series without issue. Luka was outmatched in '20 and '21 but now he has a comparable supporting cast. At least that's the general vibe I've felt from some posters on ISH.

This wasn't supposed to happen. He's supposed to be winning this series without issue. Luka was outmatched in '20 and '21 but now he has a comparable supporting cast. At least that's the general vibe I've felt from some posters on ISH.
    You say he has a comparable supporting cast, so why should he win this series without an issue?

Its 2-2, it took a PG miracle 3 and brainless defense to tie it up, calm down. Youre just trying to instigate. You can say all this after the series.

Harden showing up in the playoffs.