Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
  1. #46
    NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spelunking Luncheon
    Posts
    6,388

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Very similar to these, but out of his defended step back, FREQUENTLY:

    https://youtube.com/shorts/dJBwCNxPkpw

    https://youtube.com/shorts/RUFKiFJrGM4

    Embedded shorts don’t work anymore ???

  2. #47
    It ain't so fun Mask the Embiid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    When the rabbit got the gun
    Posts
    4,238

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.


  3. #48
    Facts Are Misleading
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    A Court Near You
    Posts
    6,319

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Hotel Embiid averaged 35. 6 and 11 this season. Does that make him the greatest playoffs player ever too?
    Are you really this dumb? I didn't think you were but holy smokes, awful take.

  4. #49
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    29,189

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Are you really this dumb? I didn't think you were but holy smokes, awful take.
    A the author of this thread you've pretty much invalidated your own opinion. FYI ImKobe made the stupid argument that Doncic regular season numbers proved his Playoff grreatness so I pointed out that Embiid had even better averages this year. Does that prove his greatness too? Read your own crap thread.

  5. #50
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    29,189

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    It has nothing to do with being the greatest d
    ...I see we're no longer even trying to make sense. Ok.

  6. #51
    The Bearded Menace Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    33,375

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    It's not about what he's achieved thus far at 25 years old, but what his trajectory is. He had the most points ever in a Playoff debut (42), he's already top 10 in triple-doubles in the POs and could finish as high as 4th all-time after this run. Some of the Lebron stuff is unattainable because of Lebron's unique circumstance (playing in the worst Conference ever for 15 years), but in terms of his averages he's going to be up there with the best.


    It's safe to say a guy who's averaging 31/9/8 for his Playoffs career is going to be on the short list of greatest Playoff performers ever. He's not even at his peak yet.
    It's a shame that luka could pretty much end up garnering his finals mvp first than your big hero AD.

  7. #52
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8,992

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Next for Luka is losing body fat and improving his conditioning in general, so he can not take so many defensive possessions off, without negatively effecting his offensive production.

    As far as offense itself, what’s next I think for Luka is a willingness to immediately and decisively post-up early and often.
    Back when I cared, before his several rings, I always thought that Lebron was missing out of being a GOAT, because he refused to learn and play the post.

    Lebron did play the post more in Miami and was effective, but he never really committed to it like Charles Barkley did.

    I've always seen Lebron as the next evolution of the Charles Barkley power forward, all the athleticism and power, but a guard like skillset in passing and dribbling.

    I mean, if Barkley actually had been able to hit the 3 pointer, he'd also be in the top 10 discussion.

    Luka has more of a game, but yes, he needs to be conditioned enough to bring it to the post over and over.

  8. #53
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    26,776

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    ...I see we're no longer even trying to make sense. Ok.
    You're just strawmanning the hell out of this thread lol. OP said nothing about stats or RS production or even PO production. He's just talking about Luka's game and what he's seen from him in the POs thus far. Luka's insane consistency in both RS & POs is proof of him being a great offensive player. I had to point out the RS he just had to add onto why I think he's one of the best offensive players ever. Apparently RS doesn't count at all though. You're just hating at this point.

    And yes, Embiid is one of the greatest offensive players ever as a 7-1 player who can score at an elite level from anywhere on the court, apparently you don't think so.

  9. #54
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    29,189

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    You're just strawmanning the hell out of this thread lol. OP said nothing about stats or RS production or even PO production. He's just talking about Luka's game and what he's seen from him in the POs thus far. Luka's insane consistency in both RS & POs is proof of him being a great offensive player. I had to point out the RS he just had to add onto why I think he's one of the best offensive players ever. Apparently RS doesn't count at all though. You're just hating at this point.

    And yes, Embiid is one of the greatest offensive players ever as a 7-1 player who can score at an elite level from anywhere on the court, apparently you don't think so.
    You are the one that brought up Doncic regular season numbers then you post this and add in the phrase "straw man" as if warriorfan had any idea what he was talking about. Embiid is a great scorer. And he has most definitely had not shown himself to be a great postseason scorer regardless of his great regular season numbers. Since you want to talk "straw man" did I ever say Doncic isn't a great scorer? You are posting bs and then arguing with the voices in your head. This thread isn't just saying Doncic is great, this thread is saying he's the greatest playoff scorer ever and that means the standard has to be high. A standard that Doncic just doesn't meet. No one playing in the game right now does. If you want to say he's a greater scorer than Kobe Bryant I would maybe point at the wins Bryant had led his team to but Doncic would win on average stats. But Jordan? Nope.

  10. #55
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    26,776

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    You are the one that brought up Doncic regular season numbers then you post this and add in the phrase "straw man" as if warriorfan had any idea what he was talking about. Embiid is a great scorer. And he has most definitely had not shown himself to be a great postseason scorer regardless of his great regular season numbers. Since you want to talk "straw man" did I ever say Doncic isn't a great scorer? You are posting bs and then arguing with the voices in your head. This thread isn't just saying Doncic is great, this thread is saying he's the greatest playoff scorer ever and that means the standard has to be high. A standard that Doncic just doesn't meet. No one playing in the game right now does. If you want to say he's a greater scorer than Kobe Bryant I would maybe point at the wins Bryant had led his team to but Doncic would win on average stats. But Jordan? Nope.
    You're saying he has no argument as perhaps the best offensive player OP personally has seen in the POs because he doesn't have Jordan's career accomplishments. No one argued him being the greatest player or the most accomplished player ever so that has nothing to do with it.

    You just only made it about scoring btw, passing is a vital part of the offense and Luka definitely has Jordan beat in that regard. Of course to me he's not a better scorer than either MJ or Kobe (at least not yet), but the combination of his scoring + passing ability is second to none as far as his overall skillset goes. Do I think he's the best offensive player ever? No. Do I think you can make an argument for it based on his skill and the consistent level of play that he's shown in both RS & Playoffs? Yes.

  11. #56
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    29,189

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    You're saying he has no argument as perhaps the best offensive player OP personally has seen in the POs because he doesn't have Jordan's career accomplishments. No one argued him being the greatest player or the most accomplished player ever so that has nothing to do with it.
    At the risk of coming close to "straw man" I didn't read OP say this was just about the players he's seen. If it is and he never watched Jordan I sincerely apologize for replying to this stupid and irrelevant thread. But if that is not the case,

    You just only made it about scoring btw, passing is a vital part of the offense and Luka definitely has Jordan beat in that regard. Of course to me he's not a better scorer than either MJ or Kobe (at least not yet), but the combination of his scoring + passing ability is second to none as far as his overall skillset goes. Do I think he's the best offensive player ever? No. Do I think you can make an argument for it based on his skill and the consistent level of play that he's shown in both RS & Playoffs? Yes.
    So, to you, he is not the best offensive player... but you want to argue that he is the best offensive player?

    I sincerely apologize for replying...

  12. #57
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    26,776

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    At the risk of coming close to "straw man" I didn't read OP say this was just about the players he's seen. If it is and he never watched Jordan I sincerely apologize for replying to this stupid and irrelevant thread. But if that is not the case,

    So, to you, he is not the best offensive player... but you want to argue that he is the best offensive player?

    I sincerely apologize for replying...
    I mean it's his fking opinion, man. Luka is good enough to where an argument can be made for him based on how well he's performed in both RS & Playoffs so far. He's still far from being a GOAT-level player or the best Playoff performer ever because he's yet to accomplish shit, but at the same time if you're just watching the games I could see why someone would think he's that good as a player.

    Larry Bird literally called MJ the greatest player he's ever seen after Jordan put up 63 points in a loss in 1986, and Jordan at that point in his career had won 1 whole game in his entire Playoff career.

  13. #58
    Facts Are Misleading
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    A Court Near You
    Posts
    6,319

    Default Re: Luka has an argument in my mind as best playoff offensive player ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I mean it's his fking opinion, man. Luka is good enough to where an argument can be made for him based on how well he's performed in both RS & Playoffs so far. He's still far from being a GOAT-level player or the best Playoff performer ever because he's yet to accomplish shit, but at the same time if you're just watching the games I could see why someone would think he's that good as a player.

    Larry Bird literally called MJ the greatest player he's ever seen after Jordan put up 63 points in a loss in 1986, and Jordan at that point in his career had won 1 whole game in his entire Playoff career.
    Bingo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •