Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default What would the NBA be like right now if they got rid of the 3 point line?

I wonder if players would still take 3 point range shots even if they got rid of the line. They're so used to playing that way. I would like to see what players are really made of. There are too many 3 pointers now. Honestly, 3 pointers should maybe only be able to be used after the second half. We gotta limit them. Limit the 3s via new rules and we'll have a more balanced game.

Another option would be to penalize teams for missing too many 3s. Like lose a timeout or get a technical.

Default Re: What would the NBA be like right now if they got rid of the 3 point line?

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    I wonder if players would still take 3 point range shots even if they got rid of the line. They're so used to playing that way. I would like to see what players are really made of. There are too many 3 pointers now. Honestly, 3 pointers should maybe only be able to be used after the second half. We gotta limit them. Limit the 3s via new rules and we'll have a more balanced game.

Another option would be to penalize teams for missing too many 3s. Like lose a timeout or get a technical.
    Nothing wrong with the current NBA. It's not the modern players fault that the 1990's and 2000's nba player never utilized the 3 points range.

College superstar

Default Re: What would the NBA be like right now if they got rid of the 3 point line?

In the future when the game changes again and finds more balance, people would look back at how stupidly everyone is just shooting 3s now and lacked other skills.

This wouldn't happen:

Players wouldn't know what to do. It'd be like taking a cell phone away from a millennial.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Centers would rise to the top again. Shaq would probably come out of retirement.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Centers would be valuable. More post play. Probably not as much small ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Centers would rise to the top again. Shaq would probably come out of retirement.
    No he wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth View Post
    Players wouldn't know what to do. It'd be like taking a cell phone away from a millennial.
    Op's hero steph curry will be held helpless as well