Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: (1) Thunder vs. (5) Mavericks Second Round Playoff Series Thread

10 more wins!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    10 more wins!
    Mavs are somehow now a warrior team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

PJ Washington is saving Dallas rn.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Karma for attempting hack-a-Lively. First 2 times they tried it he missed the FT, but the Thunder turned it over on the other end. Then they kept trying and he started making them. Well deserved win for the Mavs.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    PJ Washington is saving Dallas rn.
    True.

Derrick Jones Junior plays great defense, but man has he been bad on offense. Lively got better as the game progressed. If Lively can keep that second half energy in the next games, he can really make a difference.

I hope this series goes to 7.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I hope this series goes to 7.
    If Mavs go up 3-1, I think this game is over.

Mavs seem to have figured out the rebounding and that's going to be very difficult for OKC to do something about.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    All I know is, Luka and the Mavs could definitely benefit from adding an experienced LeLeader next season somewhere in free agency.

I dunno who's available or whatever, but they need a LeMentor. They need to add someone who's been a LeChampion.

So, whoever it ends up being, they need to make sure they add... LeSomeone.
    Absolutely. They should also replace Hardaway on the bench. Ideally with some young talent that can benefit from mentoring. Someone who had a good upbringing; who was raised in the game. A strong young guard with girthy muscles would be best. Someone who is BRAWNY, for lack of a better word.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I have always thought Luka was a way too big whiner and what not... but holy shit. They allow this lou dort guy to rape him with no calls. And SGA? You can't even TOUCH that giant lipped brother. And he can elbow you in the face all day. This shit is crazy.

Loving the $hit out of the Dallas Mavericks right now.

We are guaranteed 2 more games in Dallas (unless we win the next 2)

Saturday Night in Dallas (game 6) could be the night. Got something to look forward to on Monday & Wednesday Night... have to win one of those games, get it back to Dallas up 3-2 and we should be able to close this series out.

PJ has 56 pts in the last two games

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Mav's putting oak in their place

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Heinously ugly game.
    But a win is a win.

OKC gave up almost 3x as many offensive rebounds as they got.
    Dallas showed some stifling defense in stretches.
    The ugly offense didn’t matter in the end.

Glad Lively swished consecutive free throws, or that might have set a dangerous precedent for a rookie getting heavy minutes. Hack-a-____ is always a morale-lowering tactic for the squad using it, when it fails. It also puts teams in the bonus, which great iso scorers LOVE down the stretch. Especially Kyrie who is an 88-89%FT shooter.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I have always thought Luka was a way too big whiner and what not... but holy shit. They allow this lou dort guy to rape him with no calls. And SGA? You can't even TOUCH that giant lipped brother. And he can elbow you in the face all day. This shit is crazy.
    They do give Luka plenty of calls, almost as many as Brunson, Shai, and Ant. But Dort is definitely playing as physically annoying as he can, and that makes a bigger difference than Terrance Mann doing the same, because Luka can’t just bigboy Lou Dort’s invasive hands away, like he can to Terrance Mann’s.

I feel like this playoffs, everybody can get hacked to high heaven much of the time, EXCEPT:

Brunson
    Embiid
    Shai
    Booker
    Tatum
    Ant
    Durant
    Luka

In that order from most FT gifted to least, amongst those the league isn’t allowing to be hacked to death.